ADVERTISEMENT

California All Star Classic-August 30 at Las Positas College

hoop review

Sports Fanatic
Jun 14, 2006
The first annual Prep2Prep California All Star Classic will take place Sunday August 30 at Las Positas College in Livermore. This two-game event will feature a North vs South format with elite players in the class of 2016 at 3:30 pm and top players in the class of 2017 at 1:30 pm. Full rosters for all four squads will be announced on August 1. Coaching for the North in the event will be Bishop O'Dowd's Lou Richie and San Ramon Valley's Brian Botteen. The South coaches will be Reggie Morris of Redondo Union and Ty Nichols of Sierra Canyon. For more information continue to visit the website: Prep2Prep.com.

Reactions: tfalls123
Are the rosters posted anywhere?
Also can someone copy and paste on a thread of top 2016

Prediction for 2016 teams:

Norcal:

Josh Jackson - Prolific Prep
Oscar Frayer - Moreau Catholic
Ben Kone - Mitty
Christian Terrell - Sac High
Solomon Young - Sac High
Jordan Ford - Folsom
Carlos Johnson - El Cerrito
Sayeed Pridgett - El Cerrito
Kenny Wooten - Manteca
Brandon Lawrence - Moreau Catholic
Jordan Ratinho - De La Salle
Robinson Idehen - Modesto Christian

Socal:

TJ Leaf
Lonzo Ball
Vance Jackson
Devearl Ramsey
Jayce Johnson
MJ Cage
Jonah Matthews
Tim Harrison
Ike Anigbogu
De'anthony Melton
Kobe Paras
Josh Hall

*Colin Slater - Immanuel (Fresno)
Not sure which team, but Colin Slater needs to be in this game as well.

Well, if they go strictly by the HS sections, Slater and any other Fresno guy that gets selected would play for the southern team. Of course, with these summer things, ya never know...

If you think the three players you picked from Sac are the top players, then the ship sailed without you. As mentioned in another thread, when they were sophomores they would have been no brainers, but not now. They are still top level players, but from what I have seen over the summer, many other Sac area players should be considered.

I realize that only having to pick 12 is tough, but more objectivity is needed. HOOP REVIEW please give us some insight to your list of players.

Who is a better 2016 player from Sac than Ford, Terrell and/or Young??? Please respond, I could use a nice laugh this morning...

I would have to agree with En4cr, Ford, Terrell, and Young hands down would've been favorites as sophomores, but Young and Terrell have not developed as expected, Ford can play but he's undersized and not very athletic and other kids have narrowed the gap on him.

Who should be in the group? I think Matt Manning is up there. I'd rank them Young, Ford, Manning and Terrell

looks like a good event....Who will be there in the class of 2017...

2017 game might be pretty lopsided towards Socal. Norcal guys I expect: Damari Milstead, Jade Smith, Alfred Hollins, Sebastian Much, WHO ELSE???

Socal team could have guys like: Deandre Ayton, Cody Riley, Ira Lee, Remy Martin, Jaylen Hands, Brandon McCoy, Ethan Thompson... YIKES for Norcal.

Those I are some pretty high level names on that list. Have those high level kids confirmed they are playing?

2016 Kevin Warren St. Mary's..leading scorer for Oakland Rebels, 23ppg Tri-County Rock division, shut down defender. Played with and/or against many of the guys on this list. Needs to be on roster!

Timmy falls should be on the 2017 team him and jade smith are the best guards in that class

Does being on this roster validate a kid? Will there be college scouts there? If you play good in this game are you guaranteed a division 1 scholarship from Sean Miller? Lets stop lobbying, wait for the rosters and enjoy HS basketball in August. Way too much being put on this.

The introduction of this thread said top players of 2016 and 2017 nothing wrong with people sharing there opinion on who those players are. That is what we do on this board state individual opinions

Bones40- Your telling us that Smith &Falls are better than Milstead? Milstead played 17u in the best AAU League in the country and did well (EYBL). The other 2 played 16u in far less competitive leagues. (Adidas & UA)

That is exactly what i am saying having seen all three play numerous times in my personal opinion smith and falls are better players i will never come on this board and bash a 16 year old who is playing the game he loves but from a skill set both falls and smith are better.milstead is a very good defender and has a great motor and his ability to get to the basket is great but his left hand and his ablity to go left needs some serious work. His jumper
Has been his weakness since he was a freshmen and has not gotten much better.Now with that being said is somebody going to pay for that young man's college YES and that is big time and he deserves
that.In my personal opinion smith is a flat out stud on both ends and probaly has the highest ceiling of the three he flat out competes and gets pissed as hell if you score on him.Falls to me is without a doubt
The best shooter who makes everybody on the floor a better player has great handles and very
high basketball IQ. Your basketball ablity is what it is not what other people hype you up to be again
I am just sharing my opinion and answering your question.

Bones- You are entitled to your opinion. Milstead plays under the microscope night after night. A lot can be said for that. Moreau plays a tough pre season and ha sheen deep in the play-offs. All with Milstead leading the way as the PG. That has to count for something. Im not sure if other kids in the 2017 class in Nor Cal are dealing with anything remotely close.

Milstead had a great freshmen year, but Smith and Falls are better at this point. His ability to go left and the fact his jumper has not improved has hampered his development. The one guard that really does not get any press for Moreau, but is the backbone of their team is Terrell Brown, super athletic and can flat out play!!

Hoop Review why do you have Southern Section kids playing on the NorCal Team? Fresno is the Southern Section, thats not my opinion, that is fact. Could have given 3 more deserving NorCal kids the opportunity to participate.

Looks to be a good event with every 6'5" and above player from the south coming up. I don't to much care for the venue in the east bay though. A venue closer to Oakland like Newark Memorial would have been ideal. Also if these players from SO Cal aren't sponsored or having their air fare payed for, I can see host of no shows.

No matter how you look at rosters all the kids are good. Yes they may have missed 1 or 2 players, but kids develop at different times. Who is good now may not be good in college! And their are kids not on list that will be very good in college. It's all about who puts in the time and work to get better! Also depends on program you choose to play for? Will they help you develop? That is what most people miss in choosing a school, don't just take the most popular team or the better division. Their are coaches at mid majors an lower divisions that help kids get better. Dont buy the Hype!!

Reactions: oak2sac
This thread has more info than new threads. Still no confirmation from the sponsor on who is actually coming from So. Cal. Not sure if I will make the drive without a confirmation

Written by Prep2Prep for same. Those of you in the AAU world don't have any more inside info?

Kind of interesting to see zero about the games today. In the 2017 game Rathino missed a 3 pointer at the buzzer that would have sent game to OT. Final South 137North 134. Guess the Twitter legend was right with the lopsided south win LOL. North led at halftime

The senior game especially lived up to the hype! Junior game, not quite so much, though there were some outstanding moments before it turned into a blowout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT