ADVERTISEMENT

CCS 10-5

Van Dyke and Campo go down to SHP. I don't want to hear anymore east bay people saying how great Campo was and that SHP had no chance. Gators have a history of success. Bye Bye Campo !!

Reactions: Coach Cardinal
Van Dyke and Campo go down to SHP. I don't want to hear anymore east bay people saying how great Campo was and that SHP had no chance. Gators have a history of success. Bye Bye Campo !!

Not sure how many people were saying how great Campo was this year. They were a shell of what had been expected after last year. No one would have expected them to be a 9 seed in D3. With much of the team either gone or injured, they were pretty much Van Dyke and 4 others. Congrats to the Gators on a fantastic defensive effort. If I read right they held Van Dyke to just 11.

A very tough season for Campo, which finished with just two of the five starters projected at this time last year. On top of that, some key bench players were injured, and Art Thoms had to bring up JV players to even get eight girls on the roster.

That said, nice win for SHP ... Van Dyke is really, really good, and holding her to 11 is impressive. We were happy to keep her under 30.

SHP is one of the lower teams in the WBAL, arguably the second-best overall girls' hoops league in NorCal behind the WCAL _ both of which are located in CCS, making life for every other team in every other league just about impossible.

Reactions: Coach Cardinal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT