Division IV: Sacred Heart Prep beat King's Academy 62-48

Division V: Summit Shata beat Pinewood 68-63

Open: Mitty beat Riordan 69-63 (OT)

Division I: Piedmont Hills beat Homestead 75-64

Division II: St. Francis beat Wilcox 61-46

Division III: Burlingame beat Santa Cruz 43-39

Division IV: Sacred Heart Prep beat King's Academy 62-48

Division V: Summit Shata beat Pinewood 68-63
Congratulations to Mitty as they were a phenomenal team. Saw them play HMB and I think they shot about 80 percent from the field for the game - tons of talent on that team.

On another note, Half Moon Bay beat the Division 1,2,3, and 4 CCS champs throughout their incredible season.. one for the books..

Congratulations to Mitty as they were a phenomenal team. Saw them play HMB and I think they shot about 80 percent from the field for the game - tons of talent on that team.

On another note, Half Moon Bay beat the Division 1,2,3, and 4 CCS champs throughout their incredible season.. one for the books..
Did Burlingame (Division champs) even play HMB this year? Cannot recall such a contest. Perhaps I was dozing during re-runs of Stephen A. Smith's greatest rants.

Strange. For a number of reasons. 1. Burlingame was not allowed to play any schools outside its district during the delayed and shortened "regular" season. 2. MaxPreps does not show Burlingame playing HMB at any time this spring. 3. Burlingame did play on May 29; it beat Aragon at home, 62-47 in front of about 60 witnesses. However, based on all of the available evidence, there is little doubt that the Cougars would have been clear-cut favorites if they had played the Panthers in 2021.

Got it. All good. Panthers also played Woodside as CCS tourney loomed. Again, major kudos to HMB. Cougars had a terrific season. Players and coaches rose to the top of CCS public schools in 2021. Outstanding work by one and all.

On another note, Half Moon Bay beat the Division
I watched some film on Mitty. Holy cow. Size, guard play, defense, and excellent coaching. Would they have rep well in open final? Seems like they had a ton of pieces.
1,2,3, and 4 CCS champs throughout their incredible season.. one for the books..

I have practically zero doubt that Mitty and my fabulous Campolindo Cougs would be the top two seeds if a NorCal tourney suddenly were to pop up out of nowhere…. Mitty probably the #1.

On second thought, I’d say that Modesto Christian and Capital Christian have legit arguments to be in what is now a Top 4.

Last edited:
My 2021 NorCal Open Seedings ( if we had one)
1. Campolindo
2. Mitty
3. Riordan
4. Modesto Christian
5. Capital Christian
6. Jesuit
7. Bishop O’Dowd
8. Salesian

Good list jordan 24 but dublin who would have won there league again would have somewhere in that 5 to 8 seed.

Reactions: jordan24
Good list jordan 24 but dublin who would have won there league again would have somewhere in that 5 to 8 seed.
Bones40, Agree. I had considered Dublin as well as Folsom and CVC. Never count out a Costello-coached Gaels team in the post season. Looking forward to a full normal season in 2021-22.

I would go this way for a NorCal Open:

1. Campo
2. Mitty
3. Modesto Christian
4. Riordan
5. Capital Christian
6. Salesian
7. Jesuit
8. Folsom (but I think CVC or O'Dowd could be here too)

Reactions: jordan24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT