ADVERTISEMENT

CCS Division III

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Is there any doubt that the super-democratic CCS baseball playoff arrangement is, dare we say it, watered-down to the point of frequent irrelevance. Division III is a prime example. That ultra-shaky eight-team bracket, essentially a consolation affair taken to new depths, was captured by The King's Academy, a PAL Ocean Division entity. The Sunnyvale unit defeated a trio of grossly over-matched foes by a combined score of 29-3. Will the CCS poobahs ever get their baseball playoffs in line with reality? Their track record is abysmal. Time for a fresh supply of BevMo vodka and tonic. Hold the lime.

Is there any doubt that the super-democratic CCS baseball playoff arrangement is, dare we say it, watered-down to the point of frequent irrelevance. Division III is a prime example. That ultra-shaky eight-team bracket, essentially a consolation affair taken to new depths, was captured by The King's Academy, a PAL Ocean Division entity. The Sunnyvale unit defeated a trio of grossly over-matched foes by a combined score of 29-3. Will the CCS poobahs ever get their baseball playoffs in line with reality? Their track record is abysmal. Time for a fresh supply of BevMo vodka and tonic. Hold the lime.

I didn't even know there was a D-III

Col- I don't think anyone would argue that the Div. 3 bracket was loaded from top to bottom with great teams- however lets not forget that the team ( St. Francis SCP) The Kings Academy beat in the finals had wins over #4 D2 Gilroy, #7 D2 Pioneer, #11 D2 Aptos, #14 D2 Westmont, #5D1 Carlmont, #6 D1 Alisal this year. Another D3 team this year- Palma- had wins over #2 Open San Benito, #6 D1 Alisal, #4 D2 Gilroy, #10 D2 Monterey, #12 D2 Christopher and #14 D2 Westmont. The Kings Academy also had wins over #2 D1 Piedmont Hills,#10 D1 Woodside and #15 D2 Half Moon Bay this year. Even Terra Nova had wins over #6 Open Sacred Heart Prep and #6 D2 Burlingame. Carmel is also an historically very sound program. Pinewood, More and Alma Heights had glossy records this year- albeit against very weak opponents. Div.3 isn't the WCAL - but probably not quite as bad as you portray it. I think the Kings Academy played well at the right time- especially in the final against a pretty good St.Francis team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT