ADVERTISEMENT

CCS Football Committee Report

FBAddict

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2002
The 2019 Football Committee may have had an unprecedented meeting - there were no changes proposed for the 2020 season. I can't think of another year that no changes were proposed. There have been years where changes were proposed but upper committees or boards declined the proposals. But no proposed changes from the committee - Amazing!

Two interesting items surfaced as potential changes proposed. First, there was a move to have an Open division identified and those teams in Open division to receive 4 bonus playoff points. Pressumely this move was aimed at the WCAL league in order to force them up the playoff division scale and likely corral them all into D-1.

The second item wanted all out-of-section competitors to be classified as "B" level teams. The aim here appeared to be to discourage scheduling out-of-section teams.

Both items were struck with no discussion noted.

So the CCS playoff structure will be the same in 2020.

Last edited:
What does the “power structure “ of the PAL look like for next year? Who’s going up who’s going down?

What does the “power structure “ of the PAL look like for next year? Who’s going up who’s going down?
Unless I am mistaken, I believe that decision is carried out the PAL super-league committee. the CCS football committee doesn't deal with that action.

Or perhaps I misunderstood your question...
PAL-Bay A league with 3.27 LCI
PAL-Ocean B league with 2.4095 LCI
PAL-Lake C league with 1.8455 LCI

I think this is the same as last year.

That is correct it’s all PAL just thought maybe you heard. Let me make a phone call I’ll find out

Reactions: FBAddict
Was there any discussion about forfeited games. Will there be any punishment or is this the new normal?

Unfortunately it wasn’t just Aragon. CCS used to have something to say about these things and they should. Forfeits cannot be takin lightly or they will become the norm.

San Mateo to the Lake, Carlmont to the Ocean.

There was a discussion about Terra Nova to the Ocean and Menlo to the Bay but TN still believes they are a Bay team and Menlo believes they are not ready.

Per my sources.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT