ADVERTISEMENT

CCS Open Division - Who's in?

Nov 26, 2005
This is strictly for CCS Open Division. Below I compiled a list of schools I would believe have a shot at being included. I listed any team in any enrollment division I thought had a chance. Top 8 go to Open and get automatic NorCal spots:

Division 1
Menlo-Atherton (PAL)

Division 2
Mitty (WCAL
St. Francis (WCAL)
Presentation (WCAL)
Valley Christian (WCAL)

Division 3
St. Ignatius (WCAL)
Sacred Heart Cathedral (WCAL)
Aptos (SCCAL)

Division 4
Menlo (WBAL)

Division 5
Eastside College Prep (WBAL)
Pinewood (WBAL)
Woodside Priory (WBAL)

Who is in? Did I miss anyone??

Nope, didn't miss anyone in my mind.. top 6 WCAL teams plus Pinewood and Eastside College Prep. If Pres is really that bad again this year, then throw in M-A... outside chance of Woodside Priory.

yes SHP is D-IV

Is it still going to be that way with the new format for norcals??? You are correct, and I don't think that has changed yet, but will it in the future since enrollment will not be a factor?

And yes I did know what I was saying when I said "top 6" in the wcal.. i was trying to be facetious towards the fact that the ccs is so dominated by the "private sector"..

Nope, didn't miss anyone in my mind.. top 6 WCAL teams plus Pinewood and Eastside College Prep. If Pres is really that bad again this year, then throw in M-A... outside chance of Woodside Priory.

yes SHP is D-IV

Yes, Pres is going to be really that bad again this year, haha
then throw in Woodside Priory and MA and SSF and Aptos.

Yes, Pres is going to be really that bad again this year, haha
then throw in Woodside Priory and MA and SSF and Aptos.
yea there's no way they finish ahead of AM, SF or VC... so back to back ccs champs for them.. what a joke those lower divisions have become

Onball8
Oh what locker room motivation you have for Pres. Word is they return their whole team and will add some good frosh to the returners. Max preps shows no srs last year.

Reactions: JustAFan10
hey you're the one that said they are really going to be that bad again.. sounds like you agreed. I'm not here to motivate anyone, just giving an honest opinion.

And let me clarify, they WILL, without a doubt, be better than last year.. they will win a league game unlike last year, but who do you see them leap-forgging over in the standings??

Considering all the other WCAL teams lost big time seniors and experience, I guess it will all just have to be played out on the court. All will say another down year in WCAL, but Mitty is going to be very good with 2 BCS players and a good supporting cast. The interesting teams will be the SF teams as they both lost important pieces, but they usually just reload. The unknown is St. Francis with the coaching change and new style of play.

All I know is Pres still has some really good players, including a D1-signee in Ava Williams AND a GREAT coach in Wade Nakamura. You are CRAZY if you underestimate his ability to find a way to be competitive in WCAL games. Good luck to all!

I have no doubt in his ability to get his team to play hard and have a game plan going into each game.. I guess we will have to see. My prediction is that they still dont have the talent or the size to make the open division. Again, this is just a prediction. I may be wrong, its happened before. But like downbylaw stated, the city teams tend to reload, vc has returning talent, same with st francis (even with a coaching change), and we know that AM has the top 2 players in the league and the deepest talent pool this year.. I just dont see how pres can vastly improve enough to make the open. Hope they prove me wrong, its always more exciting to see the wcal competitive from top to bottom

Reactions: JustAFan10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT