ADVERTISEMENT

CCS Playoff Changes of 2017

FBAddict

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2002
There are no fundamental changes for the CCS playoff format. The only change relates to the controversial selection rules for runner ups to make them clearer for the 2017 season as posted below:
{Section 6. CIF REGIONAL AND STATE BOWL GAME ENTRIES
A.
The CCS shall forward entries into the CIF Regional and State Bowl Games in
accordance with CIF’s policies.
B. Whenever the CIF allows for non-section champions to advance to these CIF regional
and state bowl games, CCS teams from the CCS Open Division shall be entered in
accordance with the following:
1. The champions of each of the three (3) brackets from the CCS Open Division will be
automatically advanced to the CIF Bowl Game Selection Committee for
consideration.
2. Two of the three runner-ups of each of the three (3) brackets from the CCS Open
Division will be automatically advanced to the CIF Bowl Game Selection Committee
for consideration based on the following criteria, in rank order:
a Head to Head competition results if all three (3) runner-ups played each
other;
if none or a tie, NEXT
b. CCS Football Seeding/At-Large Selection Points as presented at the time of
the selection/seeding meeting; if a tie THEN
c.Draw}
The CCS Football Committee also presented the Honor Coach award to Randy Blankenship of Aptos HS. I assume this award was presented because of Blankenship's leadership in opting up Aptos into the Open Divisions.

So again, as long as CIF allows it, CCS will send two of the Open Division runner ups to RBG games.

The leagues required to be considered for the Open Divisions include:
BHAL-MH
MBAL-G
PAL-B
SCAL-DA
WCAL

Additionally, as noted in another thread, MTAL and SCCAL will be merging into an equity dual league, with Mission Trail and Coastal divisions. I haven't heard the name of the new equity league but it might retain it MTAL name.

I heard Aptos will be moving to MBAL-G. Christopher will move to MBAL-P and possibly Alverez will move down to MBAL-P and Seaside might move up to MBAL-G.

If these placements occur, Aptos will compete for an Open Division slot instead of needing to opt up to Open.

Coaches are calling these changes as a big win-win for everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT