Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
1) Mitty vs. 8) Palma
2) Riordan vs. 7) Priory
3) Bellarmine vs. 6) Half Moon Bay
4) St. Ignatius vs. 5) Serra

Sound about right???

Last edited:
Well I nailed it before they actually released it.

Mitty over Palma
Riordan over Priory
HMB over Bellarmine - Kiachian is injured, and HMB will come in fired up.
SI over Serra in a really close game

Mitty over HMB - Mitchell and Burris too much
Riordan over SI - Give me Riordan by 5 over SI in a nice semis game

Tough One but I think Riordan gets it done on the road against Mitty in another game filled with D1 prospects galore. Riordan 65 Mitty 59 Finals.

Reactions: concrete17
I wonder if fans will be able to get in, since San Mateo County and most of the rest of CCS has made it to Yellow.

No general admission... Rats. Well, at least a number of the games are on NFHS. Certainly not the greatest video, but it seems to be a bit better than previous years.

Just for the heck of it, I popped in a few minutes ago to see what the Mitty girls were doing to Capuchino.

If you go in there, cover your eyes cuz you won't wanna see this...

Looked early like Riordan was going to take care of business, but SI has other ideas... 32-30 Riordan at the half.

I believe Riordan led 19-7 at one point, but now it’s SI with the narrow lead 37-36 early in the 3rd.

Long Riordan bomb at the quarter buzzer just rims out…. Riordan leads 49-45 after three quarters.

same score, 4:12 left, time out. I believe Riordan still has the rock.

1:41 left after a couple turnovers…. SI resorting to hack & hope…. 1 FT scored. SI right back with a quck score, 56-50. SI scores, 56-52, Fouled, FT goes…. 56-53 Riordan, Crusaders ball, 1:09 left.

SI fouls Seck…. 1 and 1. Front end good,,, back end also good. 58-53. Long SI 3-ball missed, Seck rebounds, fouled… FT’s both good. Crusaders are gonna salt this one away. Especially if SI keeps missing FT’s…. 1 for 2. 61-54.

28 seconds left, more Riordan FT’s, Sensely this time. 1 for 2. SI not totally done yet after a very quick 3 to pull within 4, 63-59. only 17 seconds left, tho, they need a major miracle.

Vaihola gets the trip to the charity stripe…

Misses first…. makes 2nd.

64-59…. SI races downcourt, heaves a longgggg 3…. BINGO! 64-62, 4 seconds left.

THEY STEAL THE INBOUNDS at halfcourt, quick pass and three goes up…. At the buzzer… THE BANK IS OPEN!! 65-64 SI!!

Refs discussing if there’s any time left…

They give ‘em a second.

Long pass downcourt…. didn’t look like anyone touched it as it went out of bounds, but here’s Seck atthe line…. and he sinks both. and that’s the ball game…. 66-65 Riordan. Wish I had sound on the broadcast so I knew what happened…. Maybe SI held Seck so he couldn’t catch the pass. But that’s it…. Riordan escapes with the win.

Just popped over to the Mitty game, the Monarchs are taking care of bussiness, up 73-51 early in the 4th.

They give ‘em a second.

Long pass downcourt…. didn’t look like anyone touched it as it went out of bounds, but here’s Seck atthe line…. and he sinks both. and that’s the ball game…. 66-65 Riordan. Wish I had sound on the broadcast so I knew what happened…. Maybe SI held Seck so he couldn’t catch the pass. But that’s it…. Riordan escapes with the win.
wow... how does that happen?? 1 second left you make them catch it back to basket

I'm usually the first to be all over refs. But they called this one perfect at the end.

Putting a sec back on the clock proved huge.

I know seck is tall but to foul him on that play, huge mistake. Even if he catches, and puts the ball right up no guarantee he makes it.

Bad loss for SI. Tough to beat a team 3x in one season but Riordan did it. Proves the WCAL is really as good as they say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT