ADVERTISEMENT

CIF NorCal Championships Set

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
D5 - Argonaut vs. Colfax
D4 - Stuart Hall vs. St. Mary's (Rematch of NCS Quarterfinals)
D3 - Central Catholic vs. Pleasant Valley
D2 - Alameda vs. Saint Mary's (Stockton)
D1 - Palo Alto vs. Las Lomas
Open - Sheldon vs. Bishop O'Dowd

Saturday can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: coachlittle
D5 - Argonaut vs. Colfax
D4 - Stuart Hall vs. St. Mary's (Rematch of NCS Quarterfinals)
D3 - Central Catholic vs. Pleasant Valley
D2 - Alameda vs. Saint Mary's (Stockton)
D1 - Palo Alto vs. Las Lomas
Open - Sheldon vs. Bishop O'Dowd

Saturday can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That St Marys Berkeley vs Stuart Hall rematch should be quite a game

Are all of the games at Santa Clara? Girls and Boys?

Just Open and D1 at SC. The rest are at the higher seed.

Regional Finals Game Schedule – Saturday, March 17
NorCal Finals
Open Division-I @ Santa Clara University

2:00 pm Girls Division I

4:00 pm Boys Division I

6:00 pm Girls Open Division

8:00 pm Boys Open Division

Division II-V @ Host Schools at 6:00 pm

Last edited:
Reactions: frencheezy
The games at Santa Clara will be awesome. Great teams, players and coaches. SCU is a great venue. Should be rocking.

Committees doing the seeding take a bunch of criticism. However, these match ups are really special.

Congrats to all of the teams for making it to the Norcal Finals. These are life long memories. Have fun, play hard, and enjoy. .

Just Open and D1 at SC. The rest are at the higher seed.

Regional Finals Game Schedule – Saturday, March 17
NorCal Finals
Open Division-I @ Santa Clara University

2:00 pm Girls Division I

4:00 pm Boys Division I

6:00 pm Girls Open Division

8:00 pm Boys Open Division

Division II-V @ Host Schools at 6:00 pm

Thanks Observer!

Reactions: observer22
I'll be at Santa Clara for the quadruple-header!

I remember in previous years they held the games at American Canyon, but now only Open and D1 get Santa Clara, all the other divisions have to go to the higher seed.

Now I think it would be smarter to have ALL the games at Santa Clara that day and bring in even more ticket revenue then they would at any single-site, but that's just me. Personally I am happy I only have to travel to Albany, CA to see my team play, but it would be an awesome experience for all these kids to be able to experience the beauty that is Santa Clara's gym.

Reactions: nostancenochance
I remember in previous years they held the games at American Canyon, but now only Open and D1 get Santa Clara, all the other divisions have to go to the higher seed.

Now I think it would be smarter to have ALL the games at Santa Clara that day and bring in even more ticket revenue then they would at any single-site, but that's just me. Personally I am happy I only have to travel to Albany, CA to see my team play, but it would be an awesome experience for all these kids to be able to experience the beauty that is Santa Clara's gym.

While I fundamentally agree with you, it's impossible to have all 12 games (both genders) at one site in one day. Hence why the State Finals are spread over two days in Golden One. I strongly agree that they should go back to the two site, six games at each format, but I imagine the CIF is thinking they're bringing more revenue with home sites at the four lower divisions?

12 games at Santa Clara in one day... I'd do it... But that'd mean first game at 6am and finishing at midnight... IF they squeeze 'em together :) But yeah, I'd do it... (Anyone who's seen my act on this forum doubt it?)

They did the American Canyon thing for maybe 3 years if I remember correctly... I did my personally-customized traveling showcase twice, I think... See St. Joe's in D5 at American Canyon, then race up to the Arco Barn for the last three games...

I suppose the prospect of missing yet another school day is the main reason why they don't do six games Fri and six games Sat for the NorCals (SoCals, too), but I don't see why they can't have Friday games for lower divisions at home sites... That would give me yet another game to go to. :)

Is it Albany High or St Marys where SH and SMB will play?

Is it Albany High or St Marys where SH and SMB will play?

From what I've seen so far it's going to be at Saint Mary's home gym, but I could see them using Albany High if they think the attendance justifies it.

I've honestly never been to St. Mary's gym before.

12 games at Santa Clara in one day... I'd do it... But that'd mean first game at 6am and finishing at midnight... IF they squeeze 'em together :) But yeah, I'd do it... (Anyone who's seen my act on this forum doubt it?)

They did the American Canyon thing for maybe 3 years if I remember correctly... I did my personally-customized traveling showcase twice, I think... See St. Joe's in D5 at American Canyon, then race up to the Arco Barn for the last three games...

I suppose the prospect of missing yet another school day is the main reason why they don't do six games Fri and six games Sat for the NorCals (SoCals, too), but I don't see why they can't have Friday games for lower divisions at home sites... That would give me yet another game to go to. :)

I'm in if they also add Div 6. Why go short? :) Ha Ha Ha. See ya there

Here's wishing you great hoops

Reactions: kiddman32
The Match ups:

D5 - Argonaut vs. Colfax [D5 v D5]
D4 - Stuart Hall vs. St. Mary's (Rematch of NCS Quarterfinals) [D4 v D4]
D3 - Central Catholic vs. Pleasant Valley [D4 v D3]
D2 - Alameda vs. Saint Mary's (Stockton) [D2 v D1]
D1 - Palo Alto vs. Las Lomas [D1 v D2]
Open - Sheldon vs. Bishop O'Dowd [D1 v D2]

All these teams have focused on this goal of the NorCal finals since last year’s season when their Senior players were Juniors. Look at where each team’s season ended in 2017:

· Sheldon – Nor Cal Regional Open Finalist

· Bishop O’Dowd – Nor Cal Regional D2 1st Round

· Palo Alto – Nor Cal Regional D1 Finalist

· Las Lomas – Nor Cal Regional D2 1st Round

· Alameda – North Coast Section D2 1st Round

· St Mary’s [Stockton] – Nor Cal Regional D1 Semi-Finalist

· Central Catholic – Nor Cal Regional D4 Semi-Finalist

· Pleasant Valley – Nor Cal Regional D3 1st Round

· Stuart Hall - Nor Cal Regional D4 1st Round

· St Mary’s [Albany] - First Round, TCAL Playoffs

· Argonaut - Nor Cal Regional D5 2nd Round

· Colfax – Pioneer Valley League