ADVERTISEMENT

Del Oro vs Central Catholic - SJS DII Semifinal 23-12 DO Final

smashmouthrick

Hall of Famer
Sep 7, 2006
Newcastle Ca.
Simply amazing what CC has accomplished for such a small school. I have a feeling that CC will be playing in D1 playoffs in the not too distant future. I've seen a number of their games on TV and they are a well oiled machine playing disciplined ball not to mention great coaching and athletes.

CC is a running machine with Booker running behind a stout OL. Booker is an athlete and will get his yards.

DO comes in off the best game they played all year showing playoff grit and determination. DO's biggest challenge will be to keep Booker from dictating the game. Much tougher game this week vs Indy but if DO brings their A+ game anything is possible. I just don't know enough about CC and how DO matches up with them.

Go DO!!

RR had good point in other thread about DO's performance vs Indy, was it a one and done or have they shifted gears to another level that they can sustain. What I do know is they are playing another game and are significant underdogs in this one.

Also mentioned in other thread, DO should not be written off so quickly as an underdog. Sure CC is the more talented team and but so we're the other teams DO beat in the playoffs. Also CC being the more talented team they should be expected to win. All I can say about that is DO seems to feed/thrive on these games. Seen this in numerous regular season games as well.

If this is a close game that comes down to field goal to tie or win the game I like DO's chances with their kicker who had DO's season riding on that walk off 52yard FG vs Lincoln.

While of course I want DO to win, more important to me is that they compete and leave it all on the field.

Reactions: DelOroFB_Dad
I have only seen a small amount of film on CC. I know they can run the ball well. DO is stout versus the run. I am not sure how well CC can throw. It all comes down to matchups. It should be fun game. I know Del Campo is very big up front, and can matchup well with anybody. They look like Grant a few years back. It will be interesting to see who wins the D2 title. The final 4 teams deserve to be there. I saw a bit of Granite Bay while studying DO and they look really good as well.

Reactions: RidgeRider
After watching some CC film CC’s lines are very good. Big, physical and execute well. Only other comparable lines DO has seen is Folsom’s. While the strength of DO’s team is their DL(my opinion) they will be challenged by CC’s OL. DO is going to have their hands full keeping lanes and trying to slow down any of CC’s RB’s.

Going to find out how well DO lines are conditioned in this one. Expect to see DO make some adjustments to give DL and LB’s some help, they are going to need it.

Hoping DO can shift yet another performance gear for this game.

Halftime CC 6-0

CC is going to wear down DO defense unless DO can sustain long drives and get in the end zone.

Booker is impressive.

DO gets ball in 2nd half.

Del Oro playing with momentum. Gets another crack at #1 seed and SFL rival Granite Bay. I think the GB flyback went out with a dislocated shoulder. Should be a dandy at Sac State, DO looking to 3-peat.

Somehow someway, DO just won't ever die. Even when they really aren't all that good, they find ways to win. A 52-yd FG keeps them alive against Lincoln and now they've ridden that momentum into the section Finals against a league rival they know quite well and doesn't score all that well.

If they manage to win that game, some people are gonna lose their minds around these parts ....

Battle tested Del Oro defense just too much for a one dimensional CC offense. CC was in over its head in D2.

Not a CC fan, but CC was NOT in over its head. CC's starting QB was hurt. CC is NOT a one dementional team. DO got luck tonight and that all that was. DO just won the lottery tonight. CC is the far better team. And like I said, I am the least favorite fan of CC.

Reactions: ThunderRam
DO wins! 23-12

You might have to rethink you stance on this Golden Eagles team being one the worst you've seen in 20 years. They're making up for it in the postseason.

Who'd have think that they'd come oh so close to losing to Lincoln and being out in RD1 and then beat both Inderkum and Central Catholic?

Just case I like to beat a deadhorse ........ chalk this game up as example #2375 why taking score comparisons seriously is complete trash.

Rocklin beat Del Oro by 10. Central Catholic beat Rocklin by 24. So Central Catholic beat Del Oro by ..... ooops. Not so fast.

Not a CC fan, but CC was NOT in over its head. CC's starting QB was hurt. CC is NOT a one dementional team. DO got luck tonight and that all that was. DO just won the lottery tonight. CC is the far better team. And like I said, I am the least favorite fan of CC.
Hey playsomeball, did CC's starting QB play any of this game? I was wondering what was going on with CC's offense.

Not a CC fan, but CC was NOT in over its head.

I essentially said the same thing. You're spot on. CC may have lost tonight, but they totally belonged in D2 and was capable of winning the bracket. They just didn't is all. GB is also capable and they could lose next week too. Barely got by a game DC tonight. I think all 4 semi finalists are pretty close. And Sacramento too. But someone has to win.

You might have to rethink you stance on this Golden Eagles team being one the worst you've seen in 20 years. They're making up for it in the postseason.

Who'd have think that they'd come oh so close to losing to Lincoln and being out in RD1 and then beat both Inderkum and Central Catholic?
You got that right

Just case I like to beat a deadhorse ........ chalk this game up as example #2375 why taking score comparisons seriously is complete trash.

Rocklin beat Del Oro by 10. Central Catholic beat Rocklin by 24. So Central Catholic beat Del Oro by ..... ooops. Not so fast.
Seriously disagree with this. In most cases than not score comparison is one of the great ways to predict a game. Is it a perfect science, heck no but it is one of the best ways to determine a outcome. There are other ways to predict a game as well such as an injured QB or other important player not playing. Without knowing about certain situations before the game can make score comparison a piece of trash as you said. However, I could show you a hundred examples why score comparisons are a legit tool to use when predicting a game.

I essentially said the same thing. You're spot on. CC may have lost tonight, but they totally belonged in D2 and was capable of winning the bracket. They just didn't is all. GB is also capable and they could lose next week too. Barely got by a game DC tonight. I think all 4 semi finalists are pretty close. And Sacramento too. But someone has to win.

I agree. All 4 teams belong in D2. Sac as well. CC didn't come to play tonight. QB was hurt. Made big mistakes from what I heard from friends that were at the game.

Seriously disagree with this. In most cases than not score comparison is one of the great ways to predict a game. Is it a perfect science, heck no but it is one of the best ways to determine a outcome.

You can disagree all you want, but it's beyond flawed and has been proven as such a myriad times over.

Teams just matchup differently with one another and most every team varies their level of play over the course of the season. Jesuit and Del Oro are perfect examples of just that. The Marauders found themselves only down 6 to Folsom deep into tonight's playoff game despite losing by 46 points to the Bulldogs 12 weeks ago.

Score comparisons tell you nothing. But have fun with it.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Hey playsomeball, did CC's starting QB play any of this game? I was wondering what was going on with CC's offense.

No. CC's starting QB did not play tonight. 2nd string QB started and played they entire game. I had friends at the game and they said 2nd string QB was a mess.

No. CC's starting QB did not play tonight. 2nd string QB started and played they entire game. I had friends at the game and they said 2nd string QB was a mess.

That explains a lot. Thanks.
It's tough to lose a QB this time of the season. Just ask Centennial-Corona.

It makes what St. Mary's is doing really stand out.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Del Oro played their #3 QB 2nd half. Not sure if the other junior was pulled for a big fumble or a lingering foot injury. But #18 Pericin is a solid athlete and was an undefeated starting frosh and JV QB. He has great feet and vision and makes read option very viable for the Golden Eagles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT