ADVERTISEMENT

Dennis Houlihan steps down at Nevada Union

I don't know the guy but have seen Nevada Union every year during his tenure and thought this years team was the best team team he had coached.

Without knowing the details, I'm sort of surprised. I know they continue to struggle with enrollment and the numbers of kids to show up for football.

they been strugglin for years right? talent pool been drained, need to swap leagues, play colfax and bear river up there

NU will be in the TCC (Divison 3) next year with Lincoln (L), Placer, Ponderosa, Oakmont, and Rio Linda.

Whitney (all sports) and Grant (football only) will coming into the SFL next year with NU and Woodcreek dropping out.

Interesting fact. NU is the only team to beat Placer this year. New league setup will do them well

Interesting fact. NU is the only team to beat Placer this year. New league setup will do them well
Dennis Houlihan is a stand-up guy and will be missed at NU. Basically he felt a disconnect from the players.this year cause he was teaching at a different school. Those of you that coach know that time spent with players during the school day can really help and he did not have that. I am sad to see him go especially since they may be quite successful in the new league..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT