ADVERTISEMENT

Division 2

Thoughts on this bracket? Who’s making it to norcals and advancing to play for state

Some weird seeding for sure. Whitney is a #14 seed. They lost in OT by 2 to the eventual champ St Mary's. They also split with Antelope this year, losing by 1 in OT, and Antelope is a #8. Grant is a #5 after losing by 10 in finals. Guess they are getting credit for getting to the finals, but I think Whitney got jobbed, and now travel to Campolinda, only D2 team from SJS to have to travel.

my initial reaction is that the winner of Alameda/Oak Ridge will run the table.

I like Campolindo to make it to the NorCal finals. The Cougars would probably have to get by a St. Mary's Stockton team in the semifinals who beat Campolindo by 1 point in January, and a St. Joe's Notre Dame team in the quarterfinals who lost to the Cougars by 2 in OT at the Modesto Christian Tournament in December.

Last edited:
I can see Campo and SPSV meeting for the NorCal title.
I am looking forward to Wednesday night's game when the Bruins host Riordan. Both teams come from a strong league and played a challenging non-league schedule. SPSV has had a great campaign so far and come in as heavy favorites against the Crusaders. I'm hoping Riordan stays competitive throughout and takes it as a learning experience to assess where they need to improve going into next season. Let's hope the twin tower transfers are at the game as sophomore 6-8 Dishon Jackson is the real deal.

I really like Whitney after seeing them against my Rams. I have them upsetting Campolindo in the first half. I don’t know much about Alameda, but I do know that Oak Ridge played in one of the toughest leagues in the SJS. With that being said, St. Mary’s wins NorCal Division 2. Very bias prediction.

I think st pats has real shot again to win. They beat Las Lomas, lost to Salesian by 2 and then by 10 at Salesian, competed extremely well until last min vs O’Dowd and they just won section vs a very good st Joes team
The same st pats that went to OT with Albany at home and lost to a BAD El Cerrito team at home? My bruins (check the record as I pick them almost every year) are wildly inconsistent and their result will be determined by how focused they are. I see St Mary's Stockton beating SPSV in the final

Reactions: That209guy
Five DI teams came down to DII and three teams moved up from D3/D4. This is a very solid bracket. Interesting matchups make for some tight games. I am calling the following first round upsets - Oak Ridge over Alameda; Woodcreek beats SJND.

The same st pats that went to OT with Albany at home and lost to a BAD El Cerrito team at home? My bruins (check the record as I pick them almost every year) are wildly inconsistent and their result will be determined by how focused they are. I see St Mary's Stockton beating SPSV in the final
St pats plays down to competition every year. Their one flaw.. they come prepared. Also the game the lost to EC Dishon Jackson did NOT play so that is irrelevant. That Albany OT over a month ago. Focus on what has happened recently they are clicking rn

I've seen Alameda and OR play plenty and OR is definitely the better team. Play in a better league and knocked off a good sac high team and took folsom to the buzzer. They are long and have a 6"9 kid to match up with Alameda inside.
I like OR going far in D2. Also think Whitney beats Campo and Woodcreek over St Joes. SJS owns this bracket.

I've seen Alameda and OR play plenty and OR is definitely the better team. Play in a better league and knocked off a good sac high team and took folsom to the buzzer. They are long and have a 6"9 kid to match up with Alameda inside.
I like OR going far in D2. Also think Whitney beats Campo and Woodcreek over St Joes. SJS owns this bracket.
Agreed. This bracket has SJS written all over it.

Dishon Jackson and other starter jake Elizalde with two quick ones. Basically being played without 4 starters tonight so far

St pats plays down to competition every year. Their one flaw.. they come prepared. Also the game the lost to EC Dishon Jackson did NOT play so that is irrelevant. That Albany OT over a month ago. Focus on what has happened recently they are clicking rn
Apparently

First Round scores
#1 Alameda 61-#16 Oak Ridge 42
#9 Los Gatos 83-#8 Antelope 52
#5 Grant 67-#12 Acalanes 60
#13 Archbishop Riordan 71-#4 St. Patrick/St. Vincent 62
#3 Campolindo 58-#14 Whitney 56
#11 Woodcreek 71-#6 St. Joseph Notre Dame 54
#10 Moreau Catholic 70-#7 Sequoia 60
#2 St. Mary's 62-#15 Sunnyside 59

Quarterfinal matchups for Saturday (all games at 6PM)
#9 Los Gatos at #1 Alameda
#13 Archbishop Riordan at #5 Grant
#11 Woodcreek at #3 Campolindo
#10 Moreau Catholic at #2 St. Mary's

Oak Ridge could not make a shot last night. Alameda played good team defense as per usual and made some clutch shots to keep the momentum. I will stick by my prediction that Alameda might run the table.

Quarterfinal results:
#1 Alameda 73-#9 Los Gatos 63
#5 Grant 60-#13 Archbishop Riordan 50
#3 Campolindo 62-#11 Woodcreek 57
#2 St. Mary’s 72-#10 Moreau Catholic 68

Semifinal matchups for Tuesday
#5 Grant at #1 Alameda 7pm
#3 Campolindo at #2 St Mary’s at Delta College Stockton 7:30pm

Last edited:
Semifinal scores:
#1 Alameda 66-#5 Grant 60
#2 St. Mary's 67-#3 Campolindo 65