ADVERTISEMENT

Dog days Nor Cal

Thanks for posting these. I saw the De La Salle one--and the O'Dowd one--but they were like night & day. De La Salle looks really athletic and strong. I've seen some various videos of De La Salle in practice before, but those boys are looking pretty polished in this video, I'm thinking they come out of the gates quick this year unlike years before.

Reactions: UglyEagle
De La Salle recruits. I know this for a fact because I was recruited out of San Jose due to being close to one of the coaches through my youth track days. Most major high school football programs recruit. Not that big of a deal. For these programs, it's about 15% recruiting and 85% of kids jumping through hoops to attend these schools because of their success on the field. As for Bosco, they're now reaping the benefit of both. Who wouldn't want to go to Bosco, Mater Dei or De La Salle?

De La Salle recruits. I know this for a fact because I was recruited out of San Jose due to being close to one of the coaches through my youth track days. Most major high school football programs recruit. Not that big of a deal. For these programs, it's about 15% recruiting and 85% of kids jumping through hoops to attend these schools because of their success on the field. As for Bosco, they're now reaping the benefit of both. Who wouldn't want to go to Bosco, Mater Dei or De La Salle?

yeah yeah yeah, everyone seems to be "recruited". Unless I see any form of evidence, it's pure hearsay everytime. Same can be said about the most well known High School Football programs that ever existed.

That programs success is feeding itself. They do not recruit. Players want to play there. The closest you can say they come to recruiting is their championship football camp where they see the talent, but again, they aren't recruiting. My son got the MVP at that camp but he wasn't recruited. He WANTED to go there and didn't have the grades to get accepted. DLS doesnt recruit and they don't lower their standards either. Like it or not that's the truth.

A lot of kids claim the same thing -- I'm sure you were flattered by attention of some adult suggesting you were good enough, but DLS doesn't recruit

Joe Mixon and Najee Harris actually live within DLS's normal geography and they weren't pursued -- were you so much better than them that DLS needed to go to San Jose to find a fast kid? Were you offered admission (can't say yes unless you actually applied and got a response)? Financial aid? (Don't say full ride unless you're 22 years old or less, because they didn't have full rides).

Tell me more

Successful programs attract kids. They grow up idolizing DLS as an example. Sure the deal is sweetened for some but the playing field is level nowadays. You can basically go anywhere and figure out a way to make it work. Long gone are the days all the kids who live on J street go to Jefferson HS. (fake name but you get the drift)

"Hey young man have you thought about attending dls" doesn't mean you were "recruited" lol. I was recruited also then because my coach took me to Dairy Queen and bought me a milkshake.

Reactions: DLSPop1314
I graduated there a few years back and had Terry Eidson as a Religion teacher for 3 years. He explained several times that the aid they give to "financial needy" kids is worked off in someway... Whether that be volunteering at the Library, at School events, etc... There has been several claims of recruitment but not one single piece of evidence. If there is an email/correspondence out there, I will be the first to say they recruit, until then, it simply isn't true.

I, personally, was recruited by Serra HS (San Mateo) while attending St. Timothy's. Yep, the nuns and the priests want be to go there and on to St. Patrick's Seminary to be a priest. I chose a co-ed public school instead (San Mateo HS). What a mistake! If only they told me that the girls at Mercy HS and Notre Dame HS were "easier" than the public school girls, I would have been a Padre (but not a priest) instead of a Bearcat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT