ADVERTISEMENT

Dublin-Heritage to play tonight

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Dublin and Heritage will meet in the Don Nelson Classic finals. Dublin sophomore Robby Beasley went for 34 points last night

I’m there watching the 7th-place game right now...

Game hasn’t been too pretty, but the kids are trying hard...

What *is* pretty is the terrific new scoreboards in the gym... Never seen anything even near as good in a high-school gym. Big, easy to read, and informative with number/points/fouls for each five on the floor.

Even though DLS may be starting to come around as evidenced by their wild win over previously undefeated Alameda, Dublin has way too much talent for the Spartans and could very well run the table in league.

Btw, I am getting my first look of the at Heritage...

They’re 9-0, but no signature wins. Acid test tonight!

Please let me know how Jonathan Ned does for Heritage. Love that young man. Great Family that comes out of San Francisco originally.

Didn’t see the Logan win, but in any case Logan had a lot of seniors last year, including their big man.

Even though I haven’t seen Logan this year, I have to assume they aren’t anywhere near as good as they were last year.

@kiddman32 i agree. They lost a lot. But did have two really good sophomores that played a lot in the state game. Just looked on Maxpreps they are 6-3 with wins against Foothill and won the De La Salle tournament. So they are obviously pretty good

In any case.... Here they come!

In other games, Castro Valley beat Encinal in a seesaw battle for 3rd

Foothill of Palo Cedro dumped Concord in the consolation game, and Hercules beat Franklin of Stockton (I think) for 7th.

Even though it’s preseason stuff, the low fan count is a bit surprising for a game of this caliber... Mayyyybeeee. 400 in the stands.

One quarter in the books, 17-12 Heritage. Very quick-handed guards, and Ned has game.

Dublin scores 5 straight to tie it, but Ned comes back with hoop and harm play for 3, then Dublin gets 2... 20-19 Heritage

Gaels has a nice run, looked like they might get a bit of room on the lead, but a Heritage guy nailed a half court bomb to make it 32-29 Gaels at the half.

I believe Beastly, errrr, Beasley has 12 and Ned 15 at the half.

Time out Heritage with 5:23 left in 3rd... Gaels have stretched it a bit, 42-34

Wow... Patriots take 71-70 lead on yet another Ned score.

Time out with 29 secs left, Gaels ball in forecourt

Beasley missed front end of 1and 1, scramble for ball gets a Patriot on the line, where he misses front end... Nielsen on the line now, down 1 with 8 secs left

Nielsen misses again, scramble... Heritage on the line now with 71-70 lead, and 4.8 left

First one good, second one good....

Gaels race downcourt... Beasley gets free, 3 at the buzzer.... GOOD!

Overtime!!!!

Beasley puts back a rebound to take 3-point lead, Heritage flies downcourt, 3 at the buzzer... Rims out.

Gaels won a classic 85-82 despite Ned’s 42 points.

Nielsen had 29, Beastly 24.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT