ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4 Open Division

Doesn't get much better than that. All of these teams would be state champs in so may different states. (unfortunately they play in CA).

Eitwanda comes in as the underdog down south but don't tell them or there coach that. This team will not be out hustled or out coached. One of the better programs year in and out. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Sierra Canyon in a close fought game like 58-57. Sierra Canyon has more talent but in HS the "team" often wins out.

The north game is very equally matched. Both teams are loaded with talented kids in the 6'2-6'4 range. ODOWD to me is the slight favorite because of there backcourt play but I could easily go either way.

I will say this. I think the south winner comes in a 10-12 pt favorite over the north. Doesn't mean anything because we've seen a lot of south teams underestimate the north but on paper there is a distinct advantage.

I think most people on the board thought these final 2 games in north and south would be very close. I was more confident SC would beat Etiwanda but I thought that would be very tight and it was. I was really back and forth with ODOWD and Sheldon but I thought in the end ODOWD would prevail. I had SC 58 and Etiwanda 57 (actual 58-55). I had ODOWD 60 and Sheldon 58. (actual sheldon 61-60). Congrats to a great hard fought win.

I would say SC comes in 10 pt favorites but its a "HOME" game for sheldon and as you can see from the NCAA tourney anything is possible for 1 game. Don't rule anything out.

Reactions: nostancenochance
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT