ADVERTISEMENT

Final Boys Basketball Top 20

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
This was posted on the front page but I thought I would post here too.

The 2019-2020 season saw exciting games and withdrawals over the final week with the state finals officially cancelled on March 12. Comparing the preseason ranks to the final Top 20, what are the takeaways?

Eight of the Top 10 preseason teams made the final Top 10. New teams are Dublin and Bellarmine.

15 of the the Top 20 preseason teams are in the final rankings. Menlo-Atherton, Serra, Rocklin, Sacred Heart Prep and San Leandro are new to the rankings.

Preseason Teams to fall out are Modesto Christian (#5), Franklin-Elk Grove (#15), Folsom (#17), Moreau Catholic (#19) and Jesuit (#20).

The North Coast Section leads with eight ranked teams.

By NorCal playoff breakdown, it was Open Division (5), Division I (12) and Division II (3).

FINAL Top 20 Rankings

1. Sheldon (28-5) Preseason Rank: #1

2. Bishop O’Dowd (23-7) Preseason Rank: #8

3. Mitty (22-5) Preseason Rank: #3

4. Dublin (24-7) Preseason Rank: #11

5. Bellarmine (22-5) Preseason Rank: #14

6. Campolindo (26-6) Preseason Rank: #9

7. Riordan (22-5) Preseason Rank: #7

8. Salesian (25-7) Preseason Rank: #2

9. De La Salle (25-8) Preseason Rank: #4

10. Capital Christian (25-9) Preseason Rank: #10

11. Menlo-Atherton (23-5) Preseason Rank: NR

12. Dougherty Valley (22-7) Preseason Rank: #16

13. Serra (18-9) Preseason Rank: NR

14. Grant (26-6) Preseason Rank: #13

15. Vanden (27-7) Preseason Rank: #12

16. Rocklin (25-7) Preseason Rank: NR

17. Weston Ranch (24-12) Preseason Rank: #5

18. St. Patrick-St. Vincent (25-11) Preseason Rank: #18

19. Sacred Heart Prep (23-6) Preseason Rank: NR

20. San Leandro (19-9): Preseason Rank: NR

Two biggest surprise seasons of the teams in the top 20 are Menlo Atherton at #11 and Dublin finishing in the top #4

I think bellarmine was my big surprise. I knew they were good but they were excelllent. I don’t see any diff with Folsom and rocklin. Folsom will be really good next year. Almost entire team is back.

I think bellarmine was my big surprise. I knew they were good but they were excelllent. I don’t see any diff with Folsom and rocklin. Folsom will be really good next year. Almost entire team is back.

Folsom may struggle both David Clark (Mater Dei) and Malik Rose (Portland) have transferred. They do return Jaylen Wells and Brycen Shackleford.

Interesting... clark was hurt this season though. So he went to MD? Huh.... does he think he can play QB there or is he playing another position.

Interesting... clark was hurt this season though. So he went to MD? Huh.... does he think he can play QB there or is he playing another position.

I think he played hoops up until Mid/late December. As good as Folsom football is, MD is a different animal.

He won’t see the field at QB there. Backups have pAc12 Offers. He wouldn’t have started at Folsom or Oak Ridge for that matter. Weird move unless it’s to play somewhere else. Folsom will miss him in hoops. He’s a good hs player. He will be a role player for MD if he plays.

Folsom may struggle both David Clark (Mater Dei) and Malik Rose (Portland) have transferred. They do return Jaylen Wells and Brycen Shackleford.
Clark was a bench warmer and quit the hoops team. Rose is a nice player he will be missed but Folsom will be good next year like they always are.

Clark was a bench warmer and quit the hoops team. Rose is a nice player he will be missed but Folsom will be good next year like they always are.
Losing Rose, Wall, and Fears is hard to replace. They will always be well coached, but I don’t see the talent there unfortunately.

Losing Rose, Wall, and Fears is hard to replace. They will always be well coached, but I don’t see the talent there unfortunately.

Folsom always plays hard and wall adapts to his teams strengths /weaknesses. He knew this year they had to play fast because they lacked size.

rose will be a loss but way to emotional and unstable at a times. Ticking time bomb and he was your floor leader. Needs to work on getting composure because talent is there.

fears didn’t have the senior season I thought he would have. I really like him but he struggled this year.

Clark barely played due to injury. He’s a good Hs player. He def would have helped them next year. He can shoot it, has size, and plays smart.

Big loss this year was not having Lynch play. He plays and they are a different beast.

you have some great pieces back in wells/shackle ford and solid jv/frosh team.

Reactions: RobbyRyan
Folsom’s greatest strength year in and year out is the coach. He’s an outstanding coach I’ve been watching him for years and I have absolutely no ties with Folsom.

Reactions: larry legend33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT