ADVERTISEMENT

Finau to Carondelet?

Jun 17, 2018
Rumors have been swirling today that Dublin High may have lost one of their best players in Mel Finau. She played in St Mary's College team camp today with Carondelet and it was said her and Bamburger looked nice together. Can anyone confirm this?

Are you able to play for a different HS in June because they are short players? Seen it in AAU, but not in high school tournaments.

Its a team camp run by the host college/university.. both AAU teams and high school teams attend. Don't see why anyone would have a problem if they were short on players

Its a team camp run by the host college/university.. both AAU teams and high school teams attend. Don't see why anyone would have a problem if they were short on players

lol from what i heard, her dublin team played with 5 players all weekend in a tournament in the city. I think Dublin families would have a problem with their captain not showing leadership and playin with her own team. Just sayin'

Are you able to play for a different HS in June because they are short players? Seen it in AAU, but not in high school tournaments.

CIF has no jurisdiction once June 2nd hits and after the beginning of August...so it's free game.

If any parent has a problem with her playing with another team in the summer time. Should also take their kid off of his or her AAU team. No one is required to play in the summer time. The jersey doesn't say Dublin on the front of it, it says Force. She's the captain of Dublin High. Now if she doesn't show up for that then we can say what we want. People like to hold up standards when it's convenient.

If any parent has a problem with her playing with another team in the summer time. Should also take their kid off of his or her AAU team. No one is required to play in the summer time. The jersey doesn't say Dublin on the front of it, it says Force. She's the captain of Dublin High. Now if she doesn't show up for that then we can say what we want. People like to hold up standards when it's convenient.

Common..everyone knows the "Force" team that summerville coaches is Dublin High. It doesn't take rocket science to know it's Dublin high. All I'm saying is that if a senior captain chose to play with another high school when her own high school team has 5 players on it, that's not leadership. It's true nobody is mandated to play, but the common thing is when and if you're not playing AAU, you're with your high school team (especially if they're playing the same weekend and your team lacks numbers). The only reason I could see would be that SMC is looking at her and she asked Bamberger if she could play on the team that weekend...which is a possibility.

Reactions: alwayslearning
This is all BS. Stop the rumors. Mel is a great player and even a better person. She does not deserve to have her character questioned at all. I asked her to play for us this weekend if she was available because I thought we would only have 5 players. I also asked two other local players who have played for me in AAU. No this is not against any NCS or CIF rules.

Go ahead and question me but please leave Mel alone. She does not deserve this all she wanted to do was play basketball this weekend.

thanks for clarifying coach.. pretty sure that was exactly what I said in the beginning.

I get its the off season guys, but stop making news where there is none. Get out and watch some games. I heard there were some decent matchups last weekend in moraga

A player from a public school is in uniform for a nearby private school, summer or not is not news? I would agree with the notion that the original poster (first time poster) was likely trying to stir the pot but it is news for this site.

While at St. Mary's College this weekend I saw Olivia Williams from Pinewood and Marley Langi from Eastside both in the starting line up for the Cagers. Both of these players are 6 foot plus and talented. That revelation or rumor is also news worthy and unless they were guest playing due to a shortage of players for the Cagers this puts Mitty right back in the open championship and national ranking consideration.

If the player from Dublin, the family and the coach from Carondelet did not want folks talking or typing on this board they should have thought twice about their respective participation.

Reactions: observer22
A player from a public school is in uniform for a nearby private school, summer or not is not news? I would agree with the notion that the original poster (first time poster) was likely trying to stir the pot but it is news for this site.

While at St. Mary's College this weekend I saw Olivia Williams from Pinewood and Marley Langi from Eastside both in the starting line up for the Cagers. Both of these players are 6 foot plus and talented. That revelation or rumor is also news worthy and unless they were guest playing due to a shortage of players for the Cagers this puts Mitty right back in the open championship and national ranking consideration.

If the player from Dublin, the family and the coach from Carondelet did not want folks talking or typing on this board they should have thought twice about their respective participation.

Harold Abend provided that Mitty information some time ago. But thanks for the update.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT