ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom looking for big games next year !

thespecialone

Sports Fanatic
Sep 18, 2006
According to todays Sac Bee , "Coach Richardson and lead assistant Bobby Fresques are scrambling for games to challenge their club next year. I keep telling Kris, "We gotta find someone big on our schedule!" Fresques said, "We tried to schedule De La Salle, but the openings don't fit. It could take two or three years to get them in". The players will take on anyone -
hello, Mater Dei, St John Bosco, Chaminade, Mission Viejo? "We just want to make sure were ready, and we'll be ready" said Bennett, the bulldogs quarterback.

Reactions: nascar624
According to todays Sac Bee , "Coach Richardson and lead assistant Bobby Fresques are scrambling for games to challenge their club next year. I keep telling Kris, "We gotta find someone big on our schedule!" Fresques said, "We tried to schedule De La Salle, but the openings don't fit. It could take two or three years to get them in". The players will take on anyone -
hello, Mater Dei, St John Bosco, Chaminade, Mission Viejo? "We just want to make sure were ready, and we'll be ready" said Bennett, the bulldogs quarterback.
Bosco already offered for week 0. Not sure if Folsom had someone already scheduled or not.

I think DLS should opt out of whoever they have scheduled and take Folsom.

Reactions: sammyswordsman
Bosco already offered for week 0. Not sure if Folsom had someone already scheduled or not.
Why don't you take Mater Dei? Let's see if it's going to be 52-21 or worse....
I think DLS should opt out of whoever they have scheduled and take Folsom.

I like folsom vs Pitt as well. Both return a ton of talent. But on top of that Folsom also needs a team like Mission Viejo, Bosco, etc.

I also think Pitt and Folsom should tangle next year but not necessarily in pre-season. Be great if the CIF change the NorCal Open criteria now to where it has Pitt playing Folsom in the Regional Section final instead of Pitt playing DLS. The winner plays DLS in the North Open for the right to represent the North in the State Open game. The two losers play for the D1 State game and the loser of this game stays home. So for example, if Folsom beats DLS in the Regional Open play-in game they now face Pitt for the Open State game. If Pitt wins this game they play in the State Open game and Folsom plays in the State D1 game and DLS is eliminated all together. If Folsom beats DLS in the Regional Open play-in game and beats Pitt for the Open State game, Pitt plays DLS for the State D1 game. The loser is eliminated and stays home. And I also believe Folsom needs to schedule a Cali public team like Cen10, Valencia, Chaminade or out of state public powers like Central (Florida), Colquitt County (Georgia), Chandler (Arizona) or Bingham (Utah).

Would love to see them with a pre-season schedule that resembles this:

Week 0-Valencia
Week 1-Sac High
Week 2-In State national power (Cen10)
Week 3-bye
Week 4-OOS national power (Colquitt County, Chandler or Bingham).
*Basically save the Private MD or SJB for the State Open final game.

They do this they will have deserved nothing but respect from the Football Junkies all over the country. Make it happen Folsom. Show us you are for real.

I also think Pitt and Folsom should tangle next year but not necessarily in pre-season. Be great if the CIF change the NorCal Open criteria now to where it has Pitt playing Folsom in the Regional Section final instead of Pitt playing DLS. The winner plays DLS in the North Open for the right to represent the North in the State Open game. The two losers play for the D1 State game and the loser of this game stays home. So for example, if Folsom beats DLS in the Regional Open play-in game they now face Pitt for the Open State game. If Pitt wins this game they play in the State Open game and Folsom plays in the State D1 game and DLS is eliminated all together. If Folsom beats DLS in the Regional Open play-in game and beats Pitt for the Open State game, Pitt plays DLS for the State D1 game. The loser is eliminated and stays home. And I also believe Folsom needs to schedule a Cali public team like Cen10, Valencia, Chaminade or out of state public powers like Central (Florida), Colquitt County (Georgia), Chandler (Arizona) or Bingham (Utah).

Would love to see them with a pre-season schedule that resembles this:

Week 0-Valencia
Week 1-Sac High
Week 2-In State national power (Cen10)
Week 3-bye
Week 4-OOS national power (Colquitt County, Chandler or Bingham).
*Basically save the Private MD or SJB for the State Open final game.

They do this they will have deserved nothing but respect from the Football Junkies all over the country. Make it happen Folsom. Show us you are for real.
Guys.....I think Folsom got a taste of some of the big guys with their win over Helix 49-42...when you go head hunting , your just might loose yours...I think Pittsburg would be a big challange for Fosom and how about Serra or St. Francis...DLS is way over Folsom's head, it would be repeat performances unless DLS fails to get the usual skills that they receive year in and year out.

DLS is way over Folsom's head? And St Francis? Please..they barely beat a Grace brethren a div8 school with freshmen starting at QB and RB. I think most of us objectively see how dynamic Folsom is..especially next year

Guys.....I think Folsom got a taste of some of the big guys with their win over Helix 49-42...when you go head hunting , your just might loose yours...I think Pittsburg would be a big challange for Fosom and how about Serra or St. Francis...DLS is way over Folsom's head, it would be repeat performances unless DLS fails to get the usual skills that they receive year in and year out.
Lol are you high!? Nobody outside or DLS would have any shot of beating Folsom this year and def not next. Pitt would get beat by 2 scores easy. The WCAL teams are not on the same planet.

I believe based on what I saw this weekend that Folsom is better than DLS this year and next. I hope we get to prove it. But the banter is fun.

Lol are you high!? Nobody outside or DLS would have any shot of beating Folsom this year and def not next. Pitt would get beat by 2 scores easy. The WCAL teams are not on the same planet.

I believe based on what I saw this weekend that Folsom is better than DLS this year and next. I hope we get to prove it. But the banter is fun.
Hmmm, I remembera pretty good Folsom team getting beat on their own turf by Bellarmine a few seasons ago? Oh but what do I know.

“We tried to get dls but could take 2 or 3 years”
The additude of, we will only play a good team when we have a stacked class is a loser mentality. Folsom is way too good to still think like that. That said, DLS needs to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Reactions: remc and joebl
I'm thinking Folsom could be fielding some calls from a lot of powerhouses. They are getting to be a household name in CA. I would rather see Folsom vs DLS than DLS play Serra another year. (skip that series one year). My takeaways is Folsom was the 2nd best team up in Sac this weekend. Pitt nor Narbonne had the Offensive to keep up the pace. Fine defensive teams however. Folsom will need to tighten things up on D and the line but the key ingredients are there next year. The skill players are going to get bigger and faster which is scary.

Hmmm, I remembera pretty good Folsom team getting beat on their own turf by Bellarmine a few seasons ago? Oh but what do I know.
Sure. In between 3 other state titles. But as of now and through next year, they are the best NorCal has to offer.

Folsom vs Pitt would be a classic battle

Pitt would certainly would be a tremendous 3rd or 4th preseason opponent. But Folsom still need a high profile program (or two) on it's schedule. If they can't get DLS, they need to schedule a legit PAC-5 program or an OOS heavy such as Bishop Gorman or Chandler.

I'd love to see Folsom do something like this:

Week 0: Pittsburg
Week 1: St. John Bosco or Centennial
Week 2: Oakdale
Week 3: De La Salle or Chandler or Bishop Gorman

Colquitt County is Georgia's state D1 finals runner up. They lost to North Gwinnett 19-17 and looked liked the better team. Now Colquitt County played and beat SS team Vista Murrieta 26-7 in week 2 in Georgia. After beating a weak VM team from California I think it's only fair that CC plays a legit California power next year. What better way for Folsom to get on the national stage by knocking off a Coach Rush Propst team in Georgia. And trust me, after watching the CC game against North Gwinnett I have no doubt Folsom could beat them by 3-4 scores. For those of you that don't know who coach Propst is he's the legendary Alabama coach of Hoover High. He's also known for other nefarious things but will keep it about football here. Hoping Kris Richardson makes this call and replace a weak SS Vista Murrieta team. I'd be there rooting for Folsom for sure.

Here's a highlight video of Archer's offense picking CC apart. Archer's offense is similar to Folsom's but they have less play makers. Look at how CC's CB's are playing 10-12 yards off the receivers. Crazy. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...?videoid=3b58c07c-0546-40f3-97f0-ac1dcddeedfc

And here's a clip from the Colquitt County game against Vista Murrieta. As you can see CC did not push VM around. The difference in the game was playmakers not line play. CC had more playmakers than VM and that was the difference in the outcome of this game. I know for a fact CC will have major problems with Folsoms playmakers next season.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...?videoid=1a9ea694-5b20-4b7a-b128-aa447a198ba3

I rest my case here.

Last edited:
Colquitt County is Georgia's state D1 finals runner up. They lost to North Gwinnett 19-17 and looked liked the better team. Now Colquitt County played and beat SS team Vista Murrieta 26-7 in week 2 in Georgia. After beating a weak VM team from California I think it's only fair that CC plays a legit California power next year. What better way for Folsom to get on the national stage by knocking off a Coach Rush Propst team in Georgia. And trust me, after watching the CC game against North Gwinnett I have no doubt Folsom could beat them by 3-4 scores. For those of you that don't know who coach Propst is he's the legendary Alabama coach of Hoover High. He's also known for other nefarious things but will keep it about football here. Hoping Kris Richardson makes this call and replace a weak SS Vista Murrieta team. I'd be there rooting for Folsom for sure.

Here's a highlight video of Archer's offense picking CC apart. Archer's offense is similar to Folsom's but they have less play makers. Look at how CC's CB's are playing 10-12 yards off the receivers. Crazy. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...?videoid=3b58c07c-0546-40f3-97f0-ac1dcddeedfc

And here's a clip from the Colquitt County game against Vista Murrieta. As you can see CC did not push VM around. The difference in the game was playmakers not line play. CC had more playmakers than VM and that was the difference in the outcome of this game. I know for a fact CC will have major problems with Folsoms playmakers next season.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...?videoid=1a9ea694-5b20-4b7a-b128-aa447a198ba3

I rest my case here.
That would be a great and fun match up Junkie! Great info. Unfortunately, I don't see Folsom scheduling anyone from GA next year. They have enough challenges in CA.

How fun is this and how lucky are We? Such great football to be played.

Junkie- I will have to look you up. I drove through Gwinnett County for work last month. Didn't realize you were out there. I enjoy your insight.

Go NorCal!

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
“We tried to get dls but could take 2 or 3 years”
The additude of, we will only play a good team when we have a stacked class is a loser mentality. Folsom is way too good to still think like that. That said, DLS needs to do whatever it takes to make it happen.
Excellent point! There should not be any sort of scrambling going on for Folsom. They should be planning schedules 2-3 years out, not waiting until you have stacked team and then try to schedule something for next season. If Bosco's offer is real, then there should be no scrambling just accepting. Why would you need to look elsewhere?

Reactions: aztecpadre
Excellent point! There should not be any sort of scrambling going on for Folsom. They should be planning schedules 2-3 years out, not waiting until you have stacked team and then try to schedule something for next season. If Bosco's offer is real, then there should be no scrambling just accepting. Why would you need to look elsewhere?
Public schools are cyclical and are not a powerhouse every year like most of the big socal privates and DLS are year in and year out. When a public like Folsom can compete on that level for a year or 2, it's special. If you want them to schedule big game 2 to 3 years out like most powerhouse privates, then afford them the same advantages that privates have. Period.

Embrace it. It's fun! Go Norcal!

Pitt would certainly would be a tremendous 3rd or 4th preseason opponent. But Folsom still need a high profile program (or two) on it's schedule. If they can't get DLS, they need to schedule a legit PAC-5 program or an OOS heavy such as Bishop Gorman or Chandler.

I'd love to see Folsom do something like this:

Week 0: Pittsburg
Week 1: St. John Bosco or Centennial
Week 2: Oakdale
Week 3: De La Salle or Chandler or Bishop Gorman

That’ll never happen but would be nice

Public schools are cyclical and are not a powerhouse every year like most of the big socal privates and DLS are year in and year out. When a public like Folsom can compete on that level for a year or 2, it's special. If you want them to schedule big game 2 to 3 years out like most powerhouse privates, then afford them the same advantages that privates have. Period.
I believe Folsom IS most definitely a powerhouse, and one of the most fun teams to watch. They have elite talent and coaching. Their body of work over the past 10 years clearly show them to be a powerhouse. In the past 5 years, they have the 5th highest rating average on CalPreps. They also have the best record of any team in the State during that period of time. Year over year, the board here has threads about how Folsom is better/as-good as DLS, and yet now you are downplaying them as cyclical success? They are unquestionably a powerhouse in every definition except scheduling. They seem to be more concerned with their record than with challenging themselves to actually be the best on the field and not on paper. From watching them play, they are good enough to beat several of the top Trinity teams and DLS, but until they schedule to play them or similar level of schools, they are only as good on paper and not on the field.

Which "private advantage" are you looking for - is it getting kids from out of the area to play? Doesnt Folsom already have that with the Reno express? Great programs attract kids - doesnt matter if private or public.

I believe Folsom IS most definitely a powerhouse, and one of the most fun teams to watch. They have elite talent and coaching. Their body of work over the past 10 year

Thanks for the positive post. I appreciate it.

Per Cal-Hi

“We want to play a big-time game for Week Zero,” Richardson told Cal-Hi Sports. “We are trying. We called De La Salle (Concord) and it probably will not work. We’ll do what we can to find someone. Maybe you can help.”

Per Cal-Hi

“We want to play a big-time game for Week Zero,” Richardson told Cal-Hi Sports. “We are trying. We called De La Salle (Concord) and it probably will not work. We’ll do what we can to find someone. Maybe you can help.”
DLS apparently declined. Most likely due to another commitment. Folsom offered.

It's not as easy to schedule as people on these forums make it out to be. At least this disspells the notion that Folsom is ducking DLS. That narrative was so played out and untrue.

Last edited:

It's not as easy to schedule as people on these forums make it out to be. At least this disspells the notion that Folsom is ducking DLS. That narrative was so played out and untrue.
You don’t duck when you know what you have for next year would folsom accept a 2 year contract knowing they won’t have Bennett and Ngata?

You don’t duck when you know what you have for next year would folsom accept a 2 year contract knowing they won’t have Bennett and Ngata?
Sure. They accepted a game when Browning and Co were all underclassmen. They'e JV team was undefeated. This will go on past Ngata and Bennett, so I'd imagine they' accept any offer, assuming the scheduling worked.

Just a question for everyone that wants Folsom to play a "National Schedule". I would love to hear how Folsom will pay for it and how that gets organized. Are any of the posters offering to cover cost? You can probably get a flight to ATLANTA for $250-$300 per person. Maybe get a discount to fly 65 players plus 15 varsity coaches. Gate money can't be used as that goes to the school in the ASB account but I am sure they could get 50%-100% of Snack Bar money but again they would also be paying out of the Football account to cover for a food and beverage purchased.
You could do fundraisers, of course you're now asking a coaching staff that gets about 1 penny a day to coach football and now they will spend their time (more time away from family) and money/gas or time away from work to help form and execute a fundraiser that raises at least $12,000-$13,000 just to cover one game.

I agree, I wish we could snap our fingers and make everyone happy with the schedule. It is just not that easy.

Just a question for everyone that wants Folsom to play a "National Schedule". I would love to hear how Folsom will pay for it and how that gets organized. Are any of the posters offering to cover cost? You can probably get a flight to ATLANTA for $250-$300 per person. Maybe get a discount to fly 65 players plus 15 varsity coaches. Gate money can't be used as that goes to the school in the ASB account but I am sure they could get 50%-100% of Snack Bar money but again they would also be paying out of the Football account to cover for a food and beverage purchased.
You could do fundraisers, of course you're now asking a coaching staff that gets about 1 penny a day to coach football and now they will spend their time (more time away from family) and money/gas or time away from work to help form and execute a fundraiser that raises at least $12,000-$13,000 just to cover one game.

I agree, I wish we could snap our fingers and make everyone happy with the schedule. It is just not that easy.

Good Point, but your math is wayyyy off. A fly away game probably $50k. Airfare, hotel, food, bus, etc.

I was just adding for flight with discounts but you're correct it would be alot more.

Contact ESPN or other sports network that has sponsors for big-time high school match-ups and seek for them to help with funding. Reach out to Levi's Stadium, for example, for a neutral field, just as Mater Dei and St. Mary's played at this past season. Recall there have been jamborees in NorCal and SoCal in the recent paths. No reason why Folsom could not sign up to participate in such an event. If other public schools teams, like Del Oro, can travel, there should not be any excuse for Folsom. Besides, isn't this where all the rich people live and send their kids to school? LOL! Heck, St. Mary's traveled south to play SJB, got on a bus to play Mater Dei @ Levi's Stadium. St. Mary's is in the ghetto according to most on this board. They don't receive any government funding. So, please, do NOT use transportation as an excuse. Heck, the girls basketball team travels to Arizona the Nike TOC's (they are there right now) and they travel east to the Title IX basketball tournament. Sure, the team is smaller. But, if parents can pay for their daughter to travel for such tournaments (stay overnight, as well), I am pretty sure the "rich" neighborhood of Folsom can afford sending their sons to a football game x-country. It's not like these private schools get $ rained down from the skies from God. C'mon Folsom, STEP UP!!!

Folsom athletic office ... please contact St. Mary's athletic office. I am confident they can provide you some pointers on how to schedule games vs the big boys (ie. DLS, SJB, Mater Dei). The Rams do this year in and year out. Heck, please contact Del Oro. They are even closer AND they are a public school. STEP UP Folsom!!! You have a GREAT program! Time to show it off. Everyone is waiting!

You dont need to look to Atlanta to play a "national caliber" team. SoCal, NV, AZ are all within bus ride distance. I'm sure if teams like Del Oro and Pittsburgh can do it, so can Folsom with just a little effort. Folsom has traveled in the past for games such as playing Cathedral in San Diego a couple years back. This is not a question of IF they can afford it, but rather do they want it. They have repeatedly not stepped up and instead schedule 1-2 tiers down from a nationally ranked opponent. Bosco stated they want a game. Folsom should start with a YES and then look to see who else they can add in addition. Put a second team on the schedule, Chandler, BG, DLS, MD, Centennial - several to approach.

Reactions: bulldogmgc

They played in Idaho. You don’t have to travel far to play elite teams there’s a couple 7 hrs away you could even travel 9 hours and play in Vegas...folsom has what like 6 different uniforms a couple different helmets I’m sure money wouldn’t be a problem especially if they contact ESPN

As I mentioned, the public schools and private schools are playing by different rules. As a public school, Folsom cannot 'make' their kids pay for anything, including transportation fees, spirit packs, or meals. Comparing Folsom to St. Mary's or any other private school is ludicrous. And dismissing the actual costs of a preseason travel game as inconsequential is not reality. Clearly you have never fund raised for this type of event. All of you whining about their schedule, why don't you speak with your wallets and send Folsom a check? I am sure they could use it to fund travel.

Folsom athletic office ... please contact St. Mary's athletic office. I am confident they can provide you some pointers on how to schedule games vs the big boys (ie. DLS, SJB, Mater Dei). The Rams do this year in and year out. Heck, please contact Del Oro. They are even closer AND they are a public school. STEP UP Folsom!!! You have a GREAT program! Time to show it off. Everyone is waiting!

How sad that you think that a 16-0 season, capped with a state D1AA title isn't good enough. How did your scheduling work out this year St. Mary's? You lost your QB and had other injuries.

I see no reason why Folsom or any other public school should make the private schools and their massive attendance boundaries, endless funding, youth football 'influence' camps their competitive bar. Some of you are just nuts.

Reactions: thekingera
Contact ESPN and ask them for money? Do you read the news? They laid off 150 employees earlier this year, then 100 more right before Christmas, and now their CEO just resigned. I highly doubt they are looking for places to drop extra cash.

There are no magic sponsors that are going to pay for the travel. Not ESPN, nor anyone else. They tried the regional big games on ESPN and the crowds were not there - and that is why you don't really see them anymore.

Reactions: thekingera

Here is the entire quote..."

Coach Richardson and lead assistant Bobby Fresques are scrambling for nonleague games to challenge their club, but that’s often easier said than done as some teams may have a Week 1 and 3 opening while others have a Week 2 and 4 opening.

“I keep telling Kris, ‘We gotta find someone big on our schedule!’” Fresques said. “We tried to schedule De La Salle, but the openings don’t fit. It could take two or three years to get them in.”

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article190187189.html

As I mentioned, the public schools and private schools are playing by different rules. As a public school, Folsom cannot 'make' their kids pay for anything, including transportation fees, spirit packs, or meals. Comparing Folsom to St. Mary's or any other private school is ludicrous. And dismissing the actual costs of a preseason travel game as inconsequential is not reality. Clearly you have never fund raised for this type of event. All of you whining about their schedule, why don't you speak with your wallets and send Folsom a check? I am sure they could use it to fund travel.

How sad that you think that a 16-0 season, capped with a state D1AA title isn't good enough. How did your scheduling work out this year St. Mary's? You lost your QB and had other injuries.

I see no reason why Folsom or any other public school should make the private schools and their massive attendance boundaries, endless funding, youth football 'influence' camps their competitive bar. Some of you are just nuts.
Read my post again, please. I referenced Del Oro, as well. Last I checked, Del Oro is a public school. Maybe check with their athletic office, then?

LOL! Folsom, one of the richest cities in NorCal, as bragged about all over NorCalPreps by the Folsom homies, can't afford to help their football team travel? Wow! Yet, Stockton is the ghetto and magically can afford to travel, although many of St. Mary's parents already scrape to make ends meet and spend a ton of $ on tuition, books, etc., and even an annual athletic fee (if child participates in sports), for which they receive ZERO reimbursement from the government. Again, you make it sound like the $ falls from the sky. Wrong! St. Mary's conduct fundraisers just like every school, private or public, does. Yes, St. Mary's has their share of fundraising car washes, Scrip (shopping), and other fundraising events. The football team and other sports programs create a program (magazine) in which students and parents reach out to the community for sponsors, and also sell these programs at the home games. Maybe sit on the home side and buy one the next time you are at a St. Mary's game. St. Mary's even has a Texas Hold'em fundraising poker tournament. At each annual sports awards night for some of the teams, St. Mary's also conducts a silent auction fundraiser. In fact, in my den is a player autographed team picture of the 2008 section championship football team (my younger son was on), in which I won via silent auction for $ I donated. Maybe St. Mary's is little more creative, but I doubt it. But, I can guarantee that the parents have to pay extra $ or find ways to fundraise more so because they do not get any subsidies from the government. All it takes is a team parent(s) to help drive this effort. I'm confident Folsom has their share of very good team parents. It's called hard work, not entitlement.

Not saying the 16-0 season capped with the state D1AA title isn't good enough, quite the contrary. But, for those Folsom fans who complain their team does not get to play for the state Open championship, I and others here are simply stating it's time for Folsom to STEP UP! Don't step up, then don't complain. St. Mary's won section and NorCal region last year at the D1AA level, and playing SJB last year helped when it came to the playoffs even though they took a beaten. Had St. Mary's had not lost key players to injury or had played with injured key players, everyone knows that they would have presented a better challenge. Playing Mater Dei did not handi-cap them; unrelated injuries did.

BTW, the Rams did not lose any players from scheduling Mater Dei. No, they lost their QB during the very first game vs Serra @ home. Other players along the way were injured in other games. Risk of injures are part of the season. Unfortunate for St. Mary's whose student body is around 1/2 the size of Folsom's does not have the same depth for their football team to be able to recover and play in the playoffs at full strength when hit with the injury bug. Attendance boundary? Wow! Sounds like St. Mary's should have 4 times the # of students attending their school than any public school in the area. Brookside Christian is another private school in Stockton. I'm pretty sure they have the same attendance boundary as St. Mary's. Hmm? Central Catholic in Modesto has open boundaries, too. Yet, their enrollment is less than a 1/4 that of the public schools in the area. I guess St. Mary's and Central Catholic only take students who are outstanding atheletes/football players, like its a checkbox on the admissions application. LOL! Nope, it's not! And feeder programs? WTH! St. Mary's is one of the last high schools in the area to have feeder programs. The public schools have had feeder programs for so much longer. Heck, my sons played for the South Stockton Vikings before they attended St. Mary's, and they did not attend St. Mary's for football. We never looked at the South Stockton Vikings as a feeder program for our sons. They played the sport because they enjoyed it, not because they were preparing to play football at the high school level. In fact, both sons could have played water polo, having swam for the local clubs. They chose football. And the real reason they chose football their freshman year was because they heard this would be the sport where they would meet most of their fellow classmates. It wasn't to win championships or to some day be a pro football player. They attended St. Mary's for so much more. #1 priority for attending St. Mary's was academics along with continued religious education, followed by the sense of community this schools is known for, with sports being the lowest priority. You ask any St. Mary's parent and I can guarantee NONE of them expect their student to become a professional athlete. In fact, if you attend the orientation event for the student's sports program, one of the first things you will hear is that your child has a better chance of winning the lotto than becoming a pro athlete. Sure there is much pride in the sports programs at St. Mary's, but it is far from the top priority as to why the parents send their son/daughter to this school. And, NO! There is not an endless funding at this school. Heck, this is Stockton! Parents, coaches, work hard to raise $ for their athletic programs. You are NUTS to think otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT