ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom open enrollment

H.E.A.T.

Hall of Famer
Nov 5, 2010
I hear Folsom has once again opened its doors for out of district transfers. Anyone else on the know???

I hear Folsom has once again opened its doors for out of district transfers. Anyone else on the know???
This is true......the claim is Vista is impacted.....and to allow the Cordova students an option....

They may apply. They are last priority. Currently, Folsom can accept transfers, but Vista is at capacity. I sense this will change.

First priority goes to "school choice" students to allow in district students to chose. Out of district kids may apply but are accepted on a space available basis. I sense this will change since Folsom was at capacity the last few years and is probably close to being there now.

I am 6'3...230lbs. I run a 4.65.....soft hands and very physical.....I applied to enroll as an out of district transfer.....I was denied....yeah right......you either allow it or you don't.....

Applications for the school are done thru the school office, not the athletic department. But I am sure that Folsom is looking to help student-athletes (as well as student-musicians, student-scientists, student-mathletes, etc.).

WWHS - they might not accept adults with snarky attitudes and a hatred for the football team though :-( I think Oak Ridge would be a better choice for you.

Reactions: thekingera
Cordova is not at capacity and they have the same open enrollment policy as Folsom.

Even though your comment is clearly trolling and quite dumb, the Folsom-Cordova school district put the enrollment policy in place long before DLS was put on the schedule.

Cordova is not at capacity and they have the same open enrollment policy as Folsom.

Even though your comment is clearly trolling and quite dumb, the Folsom-Cordova school district put the enrollment policy in place long before DLS was put on the schedule.
No, not trolling, haven’t been up there in many years. Cordova was the only high school in town as far as I knew. That’s why I asked if it was at capacity. Then the open enrollment option to Folsom would make sense.

Compare the transfer outs sometime....you might be surprised

The talent that comes in is a lot better than what’s leaving.They transfer out for a reason. Open policy or not it wasn’t going to stop folsom from getting the talent to folsom you just gotta get them bought in while in middle school. Youth programs is where a lot of recruiting for most high schools take place

So wut happens if both Folsom & Vista are at Full Capacity?
Then both schools cannot accept any transfers. Vista cannot accept any transfers now. Folsom can but it is extremely limited. I suspect this will end soon since Folsom is near capacity anyways.

Priority is for kids in district that may live in the Cordova boundary but would like to attend a Folsom school for obvious reasons.

The talent that comes in is a lot better than what’s leaving.They transfer out for a reason. Open policy or not it wasn’t going to stop folsom from getting the talent to folsom you just gotta get them bought in while in middle school. Youth programs is where a lot of recruiting for most high schools take place

Agreed with everything you say there except I think the product on the field alone is the magnet.

No doubt let’s just hope they pull off the upset cause any nor cal team that beats dls the win will be bigger than any win they get in the state title
I personally don't think a win would be an upset IMHO. It would be a great win though.

No doubt let’s just hope they pull off the upset cause any nor cal team that beats dls the win will be bigger than any win they get in the state title
Agreed. If a very pure boundary school could almost pull off the W twice in a four year period, IN WEEK 10, during their first EBAL stint 08-11, an open boundary school should be at least .500 against dLS at this point playing early.

BTW, those performances got a single Fr moving to the area... AFTER dela turned him down. He did aight, but not a college prospect.

I'm not a dls fan. But there is no doubt it would be an upset if Folsom was able to pull this off. I only saw two Folsom games last year. Very impressed with there offense. But there defense just doesn't have what it takes to beat a dls offense. And dls defense is going to be so good this year with two players in the top 100. I will be cheering on Folsom but if I'm a betting man, there's no way I could go against dls. I just hope they make a game of it.

Reactions: aztecpadre
To think that teams like Folsom or DLS or any SoCal school for that matter would except transfers base on athletic purposes is Absolutely absurd. I will also say that in the eyes of all DLS fans that I know, would rather have a state win over NorCal win any day. I think some people get to cought up in the whole NorCal thing. A win against DLS guarantees they will not win state.

Last edited:
To think that teams like Folsom or DLS or any SoCal school for that matter would except transfers base on athletic purposes is Absolutely absurd. I will also say that in the eyes of all DLS fans that I know, would rather have a state win over NorCal win any day. I think some people get to cought up in the whole NorCal thing. A win against DLS guarantees they will not win state.
The best part is that if Folsom wins, they and DLS will HAVE to play for the NorCal Open bid later in the season. Assuming both take care of business along the way. A rematch with the highest stakes

The best part is that if Folsom wins, they and DLS will HAVE to play for the NorCal Open bid later in the season. Assuming both take care of business along the way. A rematch with the highest stakes
They will not unless they change the rule. This game most likely determines the NorCal open rep.

It is common knowledge, and becoming more prevalent, many schools accept/attract/recruit - insert any verb you want- athletes for non-academic purposes. The comment is ludicrous.

Reactions: observer22
So what. Dls has enjoyed this privelidge for years. Even worse is they get to swoop in with a free tuition offer which equates to a family getting 15 grand a year for four years. Take that away from them and see what happens.

So what. Dls has enjoyed this privelidge for years. Even worse is they get to swoop in with a free tuition offer which equates to a family getting 15 grand a year for four years. Take that away from them and see what happens.
Well having open boundaries is even better. No tuition at all

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Well having open boundaries is even better. No tuition at all
Folsom does not have open boundaries. Implying so is extremely disingenuous. They have limited school choice for in district students. Out of districts kids may apply but they are accepted on a space available basis only.

There are at near capacity now. It won't last long.

18,550 now.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I know more about DLS then you do, and they give no one free Tuition. That is totally FALSE. Najee Harris Applied at DLS. He didn’t finish his application so he wasn’t excepting. You have no idea what the kids at DLS go through in a calendar year. and for some idiot to say they “swoop” in and give a kid free tuition is Ridiculous. I guarantee you NO school in the country works harder then DLS. Most kids can’t do it. Yes they can take kids from anywhere, but I don’t care who you are you will work your ass off or your gone. McKenzie is a perfect example. It’s so funny once you start to win Idiots want to accuse you of cheating.

Reactions: aztecpadre and remc
I would also like to say that I’ve been to Folsom about a dozon or so times. I think it’s a Beautiful city, looks like a great place to live. I’m sure aside from the Folsom posters on this site that the people are nice. Great school. What I’m saying is why wouldn’t you want your kids to go there. The football program is a bonus. I know Richardson personally from when he went to College park. Great coach. I could go on and on. But if you start beating heavy weight teams you will be accused of cheating. It goes with the territory.

Folsom does not have open boundaries. Implying so is extremely disingenuous. They have limited school choice for in district students. Out of districts kids may apply but they are accepted on a space available basis only.

There are at near capacity now. It won't last long.
Open enrollment, not boundaries I meant to say.

I would also like to say that I’ve been to Folsom about a dozon or so times. I think it’s a Beautiful city, looks like a great place to live. I’m sure aside from the Folsom posters on this site that the people are nice. Great school. What I’m saying is why wouldn’t you want your kids to go there. The football program is a bonus. I know Richardson personally from when he went to College park. Great coach. I could go on and on. But if you start beating heavy weight teams you will be accused of cheating. It goes with the territory.
Spot on brother. It is a beautiful place to live. Great schools. Great people. Couldn't ask for more. I just wish it wasn't so expensive now but I guess that's a small price to pay for a nice town.

And you are right - you start beating people and making noise, people start hating you. It comes with the territory. Public or private.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I know more about DLS then you do, and they give no one free Tuition. That is totally FALSE. Najee Harris Applied at DLS. He didn’t finish his application so he wasn’t excepting. You have no idea what the kids at DLS go through in a calendar year. and for some idiot to say they “swoop” in and give a kid free tuition is Ridiculous. I guarantee you NO school in the country works harder then DLS. Most kids can’t do it. Yes they can take kids from anywhere, but I don’t care who you are you will work your ass off or your gone. McKenzie is a perfect example. It’s so funny once you start to win Idiots want to accuse you of cheating.
I'm not sure about free tuition. I do know that the contra costs times offered $10,000 to anyone with proff of DLS recruiting players. No one has collected. And wasn't McKenzie let go because of camps?

They will not unless they change the rule. This game most likely determines the NorCal open rep.

Well, there's a few games to play in between that might make a difference. Looking at Folsom's schedule, I would say it is a difficult schedule. The addition of Whitney and Grant to the league with the removal of Woodcreek and Nevada Union is not to be overlooked. Having to wrap the season at Grant and Del Oro is going to be tough. From my perspective, the team will have to mature physically and mentally to win it again. More so than in the past, everyone will be gunning for them.

Reactions: concrete17
Well, there's a few games to play in between that might make a difference. Looking at Folsom's schedule, I would say it is a difficult schedule. The addition of Whitney and Grant to the league with the removal of Woodcreek and Nevada Union is not to be overlooked. Having to wrap the season at Grant and Del Oro is going to be tough. From my perspective, the team will have to mature physically and mentally to win it again. More so than in the past, everyone will be gunning for them.
Agreed. And it will up the anty big time if they beat the Green Machine in week 0.

Reactions: concrete17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT