ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom top ranked public in the state

pastyfastquick3

Hall of Famer
Aug 26, 2019
Folsom looks to be the top public school in the state right now, and also the highest ranked team in NorCal, above De La Salle. (Los Alamitos is not that good). Folsom is also better than Servite who is getting some extra love for treading water in the Trinity League.

From what I saw last night out of Sparty in the 1st half, they may have a rough outing against the mighty Bulldogs of Folsom, Ca. De La Salle stands 2 spots behind Folsom right now.

Excited to see Folsom finally win one this year!

Folsom looks to be the top public school in the state right now, and also the highest ranked team in NorCal, above De La Salle. (Los Alamitos is not that good). Folsom is also better than Servite who is getting some extra love for treading water in the Trinity League.

From what I saw last night out of Sparty in the 1st half, they may have a rough outing against the mighty Bulldogs of Folsom, Ca. De La Salle stands 2 spots behind Folsom right now.

.............premature e-jubilation, put down those MaxPreps stat centerfolds before you grow hair on your palms 😛-😝-🤪-🤯

Last edited:
Wow. It only took 1 game vs. something something trail for the homers at Calhi sports to once again kiss the devil on the ass. Believe me, Folsom would be lucky to go 500 playing the top 10 public schools in the greater LA area.
So Folsom Beats the #681 Team 56-14…. But somehow they are Ranked higher then DLS who Beat the #320 team 52-16…. Just shows you how rankings don’t make any sense…. 🤣

No, Folsom is not Better then Servite, just look at your Rankings….

Folsom Beat the #681 Team 56-14….. Servite Beat the #419 Team 54-14 and the #61 Team 44-7….. Based on your rankings, Servite looks to be significantly better the Folsom….. 🤣

Reactions: Bubba3000
No, Folsom is not Better then Servite, just look at your Rankings….

Folsom Beat the #681 Team 56-14….. Servite Beat the #419 Team 54-14 and the #61 Team 44-7….. Based on your rankings, Servite looks to be significantly better the Folsom….. 🤣
Remember you’re dealing with a norcal HS football fan base. These folks have a DLS victimhood chip that any jilted prom queen would admire.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89

What did you see in the second half of the DLS Game?

Servite hasn't sniffed success in years. They're best non league win has been against Bakersfield. They are part of a powerhouse league due to sheer proximity. They haven't scheduled squat outside that. They aren't even in the conversation. They are the St. Mary's of the south. Decent program but not tier 1 in CA. Tier 3 at best.

Folsom is the best public in CA right now. Period.

About to best overall team in NorCal once they paste DLS this season.

Servite hasn't sniffed success in years. They're best non league win has been against Bakersfield. They are part of a powerhouse league due to sheer proximity. They haven't scheduled squat outside that. They aren't even in the conversation. They are the St. Mary's of the south. Decent program but not tier 1 in CA. Tier 3 at best.

”best non league win is Bakersfield“ you do understand their league is one of the roughest in the nation right? There are no easy outs there. Another delusional post by a Norcal fan suffering from DLS PTSD.

Last edited:
”best non league win is Bakersfield“ you do understand their league is one of the roughest in the nation right? There are no easy outs there. Another delusional post by a Norcal fan suffering from DLS PTSD.
So they get a pass for not playing anyone outside of league but no one else does? MD and Bosco play competitive non league games.

Folsom plays in the best league in NorCal and somehow manages to get a few punchers in the non league schedule.

I think the Folsom PTSD over the last decade is really hurting some people. Even making some constantly bring up political topics and then claiming they aren't.

BTW- I still remember your epic political arguments with the Grant poster. Those were epic. But what happened to that old handle you used?

Servite just beat the #7 ranked Team in the state 44-7…. All Folsom has done is beat an 0-2 MT team….

You need to sharpen up your game, this is too easy…. 🤣🤣

Servite just beat the #7 ranked Team in the state 44-7…. All Folsom has done is beat an 0-2 MT team….

Welcome to the party Servite.

First big win since what? Bakersfield? 😉

Is Servite still rolling out 'renta lights from Home Depot for home games?

And Folsom Beat MT!!!…. First Big win since Losing to MT by double digits…. 🤣
And MT is better than Bakersfield.

By the logic Folsoms win against MT was much more solid than the non league title match up against something something Bakers Dozen Field. Where is that place anyways?

Folsom has some cool extras lights they can put on loan down there in Anaheim for the boys in Anaheim. Home Depot is out.

MT is considerably down as indicated by first two games being dominated by Folsom and Los Gatos (who is good but not elite). DLS completely dominated SM the second half of the game after making mistakes on defense and turnovers in the first half of their first game of the season. DLS will have had 6 weeks to iron out mistakes. St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD) game week earlier will be tougher matchup for DLS and that may impact game week later if they get beat up, but until Folsom defeats the Spartan's got to favor the Spartans. There are other NorCal teams that have played the Spartans closer.

MT is considerably down as indicated by first two games being dominated by Folsom and Los Gatos (who is good but not elite).
This is, unfortunately, an accurate statement. It is not reasonable to judge Monterey Trail this season as if it were the MT of the recent past. This year's team is young, inexperienced, and still trying to find itself. I think they will get better as the year progresses, but I don't think they are close to the level that MT has been at 2018 through Spring 2021. I have nothing but respect for the coaching staff and full faith in their ability to teach. It's a process and this year is at a different place at this point than previous seasons.

How come everyone is "allowed" down year excuse?

Folsom has a "down year" in 2015, and loses on a miracle in the NorCal title game!

Are the rules for banter different for every school?

So they get a pass for not playing anyone outside of league but no one else does? MD and Bosco play competitive non league games.

Folsom plays in the best league in NorCal and somehow manages to get a few punchers in the non league schedule.

I think the Folsom PTSD over the last decade is really hurting some people. Even making some constantly bring up political topics and then claiming they aren't.

BTW- I still remember your epic political arguments with the Grant poster. Those were epic. But what happened to that old handle you used?
I’m flattered you remember me that says I had a impact on you. Unfortunately I can’t return the sentiments, you have had zero impact on me here. I will give the opportunity to clarify what politics I have brought up here?

How come everyone is "allowed" down year excuse?

Folsom has a "down year" in 2015, and loses on a miracle in the NorCal title game!

Are the rules for banter different for every school?
Down years is a fact. Some programs are more consistently strong than others and some programs always are strong but relative to others in another league. Not an excuse. Just a fact.

I’m flattered you remember me that says I had a impact on you. Unfortunately I can’t return the sentiments, you have had zero impact on me here. I will give the opportunity to clarify what politics I have brought up here?
I obviously had an impact if you went through the trouble of a barrage of replies to me last night and today.

BTW- your exchanges in the old Joe Mixon threads were epic...among others.

Down years is a fact. Some programs are more consistently strong than others and some programs always are strong but relative to others in another league. Not an excuse. Just a fact.
I don't like the term "down year." The better programs generally don't have full down years even when they don't have the personnel. In HSFB the best coaches and programs are successful no matter who they field on Friday nights.

Open enrollment sets an unbalanced field, most publics are NOT open enrollment.
5 kids from Reno?
1 kid from Washington
1 kid from Stockton
and a slew of players that don't live anywhere close to Folsom.
The field is unbalanced and created by the admin in Folsom.

Good thing is when they play a team with equal talent, Folsom loses......i.e. DLS who does a better job of recruiting than Folsom...

Reactions: THEOC89
Open enrollment sets an unbalanced field, most publics are NOT open enrollment.
5 kids from Reno?
1 kid from Washington
1 kid from Stockton
and a slew of players that don't live anywhere close to Folsom.
The field is unbalanced and created by the admin in Folsom.

Good thing is when they play a team with equal talent, Folsom loses......i.e. DLS who does a better job of recruiting than Folsom...
Your opinion is taken with a huge grain of salt on here. You are one of the posters that is notoriously angry/jealous from all the a** kicking's over the last decade. Your schools haven't been able to attract a mid level kid in a decade and that bothers you.

Your school has the same exact open enrollment policy every other public school has. Your program just sucks and no one wants to go there. If you want those same kids that are attracted to Folsom, step up your game and be better...they will follow. Don't complain and be a sore loser.

Maybe you will have better luck in the next decade to get 1 win?

Grain of salt? I think most who are here agree with what I have stated....None of the schools you mention are open enrollment. Other schools don't openly recruit and have admin cover for them. 5 kids just didnt get up and leave their families bc they heard of a school in Calif.

Following rules and operating in shady areas is a sign of the character being displayed by that school and yourself......the rest of the HC in that league have openly complained about what goes on there.......

It's no great secret what transpires there......Coaches won't say it but thats not me so I can say what I wish...

None of the schools you mention are open enrollment.
Oh really?

Here are some links. You will find the SAME exact open enrollment verbiage as you do at Folsom and ALL the other SFL schools.

Roseville: https://www.rcsdk8.org/interintra-district-transfers#:~:text=Open Enrollment for the 2021,the 2020/2021 school year.

Rocklin: https://registration.rocklinusd.org/registration/

Loomis (Del Oro HS): https://www.loomis-usd.k12.ca.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1580128&type=d&pREC_ID=1707906

It is one thing to be disingenuous to drive an agenda (which you are doing). But to downright lie because everyone else on here doesn't know better, just makes you look foolish.

Every SFL school has an open enrollment policy. If a family really wants to go to a certain school, they will go. Plain and simple. Plus, you are begging Folsom to schedule private schools that can attract kids from anywhere...all while crying foul that some kids on the team weren't born in Mercy Folsom Hospital. Clown show material.

You are just bitter because the end result of kids not picking your school(s), has resulted in a decades worth of a*s whoopins, you can't explain.

MT is considerably down as indicated by first two games being dominated by Folsom and Los Gatos (who is good but not elite). DLS completely dominated SM the second half of the game after making mistakes on defense and turnovers in the first half of their first game of the season. DLS will have had 6 weeks to iron out mistakes. St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD) game week earlier will be tougher matchup for DLS and that may impact game week later if they get beat up, but until Folsom defeats the Spartan's got to favor the Spartans. There are other NorCal teams that have played the Spartans closer.
There’s a good show about St Frances Academy on I think Netflix called The Cost of Winning

socal football is in a league of its own ... not sure why folsom doesn't schedule them ....
They've played more than a handful of games against SoCal teams over the years. Most have been private schools. They have scheduled other schools who have cancelled on them as well.

Or are we saying they have to schedule 2 or 3 specific programs or it doesn't count?

Reactions: coachlittle
Let's be honest here. The Trinity League is far and away the toughest prep football league in the state. One wonders how DLS would fare if the Spartans were a full-fledged Trinity member.
Interesting and intriguing.
Calpreps says 3-3 this year early in the season. But I would guess maybe 4-2 at the end of season. The changes of transfer rules in SS section made for an exceptional set of teams the last 4-5 years in the trinity league. Where once DLS was once the standard, the Trinity league is now the standard with top teams Mater Dai and St. John Bosco.

Let's be honest here. The Trinity League is far and away the toughest prep football league in the state. One wonders how DLS would fare if the Spartans were a full-fledged Trinity member.
They would not fair well without a complete overhaul. They would struggle to attract the athletes into that system down there. To many other games in town that play wide open offenses.

They've played more than a handful of games against SoCal teams over the years. Most have been private schools. They have scheduled other schools who have cancelled on them as well.

Or are we saying they have to schedule 2 or 3 specific programs or it doesn't count?
G- I sense a “watch the tape” coming. Along with some machine gun action!!!!!

They would not fair well without a complete overhaul. They would struggle to attract the athletes into that system down there. To many other games in town that play wide open offenses.
They would have to adopt the MD, SJB model if they wanted to compete for the top spot. As is, they'd do ok, meaning 3-3 or 4-2 most seasons. The two obvious losses, plus one to one of the other schools. Of course, they would pull the occasional upset of the Big 2, especially with a bigger pool of athletes to cut from

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT