ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs Coeur d'Alene

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Folsom should take care of biz but if you want to see one of the best QB you will watch in Norcal this year I would attend this game. I watched this kid either last year or the year before and I was blown away. Colson Yankoff. He was an Oregon commit but he's heading to Washington now.
6"5 205. Absolute stud.

Folsom should take care of biz but if you want to see one of the best QB you will watch in Norcal this year I would attend this game. I watched this kid either last year or the year before and I was blown away. Colson Yankoff. He was an Oregon commit but he's heading to Washington now.
6"5 205. Absolute stud.

He certainly is impressive. He also has a pretty impressive TE which is one of his main targets. This should be a very good game. CDA's secondary appeared a little surprised with the speed of Folsom's receiving group in last year's contest. It could be quite a shootout. My guess is that you will see Colson Yankoff show his running skills in this game and, if he does, they may well control the clock better than they did in last year's game. I don't see CDA's secondary being able to deal with the Folsom speed again this year but the Folsom group is very young and this is their first game.

That duo is really good and CDA is a solid team but Folsom has so much more in terms of athletes like you said. I've seen a lot of good HS QB's and some you walk away saying well I guess he's good. Yankoff I walked away saying this kid could be playing on Sunday.

That duo is really good and CDA is a solid team but Folsom has so much more in terms of athletes like you said. I've seen a lot of good HS QB's and some you walk away saying well I guess he's good. Yankoff I walked away saying this kid could be playing on Sunday.

Aboslutely. He hung 36 points on a pretty tight Folsom defense. Only St. Mary's did better and they did it on the ground with their Stanford-like OL.

Oh yeah I'm all for the bulldogs but its neat when somebody special comes to town. I'm bummed I will be out of town or else my arse would be on the blue side as well.

Oh yeah I'm all for the bulldogs but its neat when somebody special comes to town. I'm bummed I will be out of town or else my arse would be on the blue side as well.

Read an article saying he had injured his knee, required surgery, kept him out of the Elite 11 competition. Either that was not very serious or he might not be 100%. The article showed pictures of their receivers working with NFL QBs in his absence!

Hearing Yankoff is not playing and his backup is hurt. This should be a blowout. Makes for a game that will be A LOT less interesting. Bye bye gate revenue.

Wow! Coeur d'Alene down to their 3rd string QB. Predicting not just a blowout for Folsom, but quite possibly a shutout, or close to one.

The speed differential is gigantic. Folsom should win by 45 points if they can avoid turnovers. That's no given if you followed the 2015 JV team at Folsom. They gave it up more than the only prostitute in an all-male Alaskan gold rush town.
I was really looking forward to a competitive game. Now I have to drown my sorrows in Nachos and Kettle Korn.

49-0. 5 min left in half.

Yankoff hurt and not playing. Knee brace on although seems to be running up and down sideline fine. My guess is they kept him out so he wouldn't get hurt in this game. They have a whole season ahead of them and I doubt they'd want to lose him for the season in a blowout like this.

Did Folsom put in their 2nd string after half time? They put up some good numbers in first half, but didn't score in the second half.... I think Oakdale is going to have their hands full.... Oakdale won tonight 49-13. They would have scored another, but they let the clock run out with 34 seconds left in the game on 1st and goal.

Did Folsom put in their 2nd string after half time? They put up some good numbers in first half, but didn't score in the second half.... I think Oakdale is going to have their hands full.... Oakdale won tonight 49-13. They would have scored another, but they let the clock run out with 34 seconds left in the game on 1st and goal.
Folsom pretty much ran the clock the entire second half. Mostly 2nd string on defense. That game would have been 100-0 if they didn't let up.

They still need work on defense though.

Folsom pretty much ran the clock the entire second half. Mostly 2nd string on defense. That game would have been 100-0 if they didn't let up.

They still need work on defense though.

Folsom had their second and third string guys in for most of the second half. Zero pass protection or run blocking for their offense in the second half. Second group at all skill positions. Basically, just put a QB and RB out there on Survival Island. Totally different personnel in the second half including on defense.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
On the long TDs thrown by the two QB's during the first half, the Folsom receivers were between 7 and 15 yards beyond the nearest defender. Didn't need to be a sharp shooter to throw those scoring strikes. There is some seriously elite speed amongst the 1st receiver group.

I was watching hudl highlights for some of the Folsom sophomores that are on Varsity. They were all really impressive, but Hutton really stood out to me. Anyone know if he's starting this season?

Think they had a freshman WR on the JV team last year that is already committed to TCU. He was really good but I think he's at a high school in Louisiana this year.

I was watching hudl highlights for some of the Folsom sophomores that are on Varsity. They were all really impressive, but Hutton really stood out to me. Anyone know if he's starting this season?

Think they had a freshman WR on the JV team last year that is already committed to TCU. He was really good but I think he's at a high school in Louisiana this year.

Hutton started the game and caught a long ball on the second or third play.

I believe that the kid from Louisiana departed in late November last year.

The soph's on Varsity this year were, for the most parts, on the Freshman team last year. A ton of speed. That team was unstoppable - almost entirely due to the speed of the receiving group. Five yard passes became touchdowns routinely. The talent differential was so pronounced, you didn't even notice there were defenders on the field in some cases. As you noted, that was varsity talent on a freshman team. Not real.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCalHSFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT