ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs DLS

Jfoyosoul

Superstar
Aug 21, 2015
Looks like Folsom will play DLS on 10/8 (didnt see if it is home or away). That is great...strong schedule with MT, Pitt and DLS.

Pitt vs Folsom should be a fun game too, where is that one being played ?

Folsom is loaded. Going to be one of there better teams. There TE Lyons Just got offers from Alabama, Auburn, and Texas. Not sure he’s in that category but he’s very talented.
I really like there QB. Reminds me of graves. Undersized but just a gamer. The gap seems to be narrowing on DLS but somebody has prove it!

Folsom is loaded. Going to be one of there better teams. There TE Lyons Just got offers from Alabama, Auburn, and Texas. Not sure he’s in that category but he’s very talented.
I really like there QB. Reminds me of graves. Undersized but just a gamer. The gap seems to be narrowing on DLS but somebody has prove it!
I am curious..and it depends on how the year goes...is this team closer to the 2017 and 2018 teams or the 2010 team? Depending on this years class and those coming up from jv...it could be possible they could get close to the 2014 team in 2022 to 2023 (assuming another QB can step in). If this team is similar to 2010 I can see them beating DLS but if it is closer to 2017 and 2018 i would say it will be tougher unless DLS drops off

I honestly don’t know yet because it was such a strange year. I don’t think the coaching will ever return to the level it was when Richardson and Taylor were there however. But they have some elite power 5 recruits and a handful of wac/big sky type players returning. They are going to be awfully good and I personally think DLS will be slightly down. This could be the year for PItt, Serra, and Folsom. I just hope we can all watch live and banter again on Friday nights.!! Last year stunk.

I honestly don’t know yet because it was such a strange year. I don’t think the coaching will ever return to the level it was when Richardson and Taylor were there however. But they have some elite power 5 recruits and a handful of wac/big sky type players returning. They are going to be awfully good and I personally think DLS will be slightly down. This could be the year for PItt, Serra, and Folsom. I just hope we can all watch live and banter again on Friday nights.!! Last year stunk.
Agree, DLS looks as vulnerable as I've ever seen in many years. Can't really point to any returning players of note, though this past abbreviated season makes it difficult to really determine who they might or might have been. We shall see

Doesn’t DLS have like a 6’5 freshman QB that was crushing it at the camps ?

I think De La Salle has a good group coming back. They have 2022s WR/DB Zeke Berry and TE Brodie Tagaloa, who both hold multiple Power 5 offers. Also have a pretty good 2023 TE in Cooper Flanagan in addition to its fair share of good HS players who will draw some MWC/Big Sky looks.

Obviously need to find a QB that can play this fall (maybe its the freshman), but De La Salle will remain very good.

As far as contenders, Serra, Pittsburg and Folsom all figure to boast some of their best teams in the past decade coming up.

Reactions: concrete17
Good thoughts...do Serra and Pitt play DLS? Agree that coaching team was phenomenal...i hope they build up another org llike
I think De La Salle has a good group coming back. They have 2022s WR/DB Zeke Berry and TE Brodie Tagaloa, who both hold multiple Power 5 offers. Also have a pretty good 2023 TE in Cooper Flanagan in addition to its fair share of good HS players who will draw some MWC/Big Sky looks.

Obviously need to find a QB that can play this fall (maybe its the freshman), but De La Salle will remain very good.

As far as contenders, Serra, Pittsburg and Folsom all figure to boast some of their best teams in the past decade coming up.
twp questions:

i know folsom is playing pitt but do Serra and Pit play each other and/or DLS?

also, if Folsom has one of their best teams in the last 10 years...are they going to be at the level of the 2010 or 2014 teams or more like 2017 and 2018? I think the 2014 team is one of those teams that probably would be good enough to beat almost any team the last ten years (even present day SJB or MD...we just didnt see them take on DLS)...if this present team for 2021 can mostly stay in stack next two years...could be second best team for Folsom the last 10 years or even #1 if they are more athletic and can beat DLS and challenge MD and SJB...but a lot will have to happen

Serra and Pitt are scheduled to meet. I'm not sure what the full De La Salle schedule is.

For Folsom, I think they will be similar to that 2017 group. Not the overwhelming senior groups like 2010 and 2014, but still one of the best teams in the state

Carson Su'esu'e
Good thoughts...do Serra and Pitt play DLS? Agree that coaching team was phenomenal...i hope they build up another org llike

twp questions:

also, if Folsom has one of their best teams in the last 10 years...are they going to be at the level of the 2010 or 2014 teams or more like 2017 and 2018? I think the 2014 team is one of those teams that probably would be good enough to beat almost any team the last ten years (even present day SJB or MD...we just didnt see them take on DLS)...if this present team for 2021 can mostly stay in stack next two years...could be second best team for Folsom the last 10 years or even #1 if they are more athletic and can beat DLS and challenge MD and SJB...but a lot will have to happen
Until Folsom actually beats DLS, MD, SJB they will not be better. Not 2010, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2021!

Timing helps DLS. Not too early in the season and they will have played several games.
That was my original thinking too but I also believe Folsom needs to get their bearings as well. Look at this year, we didn’t know how good they were until about half way thru a shortened season...2014 was the only year where they were unstoppable from game one...

also to the comment on folsom not being better until they beat dls sjb or md...on one hand that is true but i think you can still infer that 2010 and 2014 they were at least as good as dls...in 2014 you had folks who said they saw dls, bishop gorman and Folsom play and that folsom had the better defense ...and they had that otherworldly offense that only didn’t set the National record for points because 1st team offense spent a quarter and half on the sidelines because of running clock...and the famous coach from cathedral catholic said it was the hands down the best team he had seen in 25 years of coaching...with all that in mind, yes Folsom needs to beat DLS to finally get the monkey off its back...but two things: if folsom does win dont go saying it is a down year for dls and that is why they won and then second, if they do win, it doesn’t mean that this is the best folsom team because i think the 2014 and to some level 2010 team are historically great teams

• Haha
Reactions: jamzz94549
That was my original thinking too but I also believe Folsom needs to get their bearings as well. Look at this year, we didn’t know how good they were until about half way thru a shortened season...2014 was the only year where they were unstoppable from game one...

also to the comment on folsom not being better until they beat dls sjb or md...on one hand that is true but i think you can still infer that 2010 and 2014 they were at least as good as dls...in 2014 you had folks who said they saw dls, bishop gorman and Folsom play and that folsom had the better defense ...and they had that otherworldly offense that only didn’t set the National record for points because 1st team offense spent a quarter and half on the sidelines because of running clock...and the famous coach from cathedral catholic said it was the hands down the best team he had seen in 25 years of coaching...with all that in mind, yes Folsom needs to beat DLS to finally get the monkey off its back...but two things: if folsom does win dont go saying it is a down year for dls and that is why they won and then second, if they do win, it doesn’t mean that this is the best folsom team because i think the 2014 and to some level 2010 team are historically great teams
How can you possibly “Infer” that 2010 and 2014 Folsom were as good as DLS?.... DLS beat Jake Browning and that Same Folsom Team by 4 TD’s 2 years in a row.... To Possibly “Infer” that Folsom was as good as DLS you would have to also “Infer” that DLS did not get better in 2014 as well and that the addition of a Transfer Lineman from GA would close a 4 TD Gap on a loaded DLS Team....

In 2010 Folsom got Blasted By Grant and only beat them because Grants Best Player was Injured.... Kudos to them for beating a Lower Level So Cal team Serra in the SBG but DLS Blasted the 2 Time Defending PAC 5 Champion and Consensus #1 team in so cal 42-0 or whatever the score was in the Top Level SBG....

2014 Folsom will be best remembered as a team who lobbied the CIF to Duck DLS so their Golenboy QB could set an Inflated, meaningless TD record by running up the scores on a bunch of inferior competition and avoid not making it to a state championship game.... Remember Classless Folsom was trowing TD Passes up 60-7 in the 4th quarter of the lower level SBG so your comment about The 1st string offense sitting out a quarter and a halfis just not true.... They unnecessarily ran up the score on teams to inflate their rankings and to chase records....

in 2014 Cathedral Catholic had never played any of the Top DLS, MD, Cen 10, SJB, Servite, LBP, MV or any other Top So Cal team so when the Coach Says that 2014 was “The Best Team I have seen in 25 years”, all that means is 2014 Folsom was the Best team in the last 25 years of SD HSFB history....

Which is funny since one team keeps losing to the other
Except that one year (14’) they didn’t actually play on the field. I think from what I’ve read I’ll give Folsom the mythical win. Seems like that is kind of a consensus, so 1-4 in the all time series.

• Haha
Reactions: RLS13 and MC415
I will say this. 2010 Serra was loaded with talent. I wouldn’t discount that win or call them inferior. Obviously DLS has been better. (Better than everybody up here) Browning wasn’t even the best QB in the sfl. That honor clearly goes to Ian book. Those stats were way inflated . Agree 100%.

Pitt hasn’t scheduled DLS in several years, after playing them every year for decades. Presumably because they will likely face them in the NCS playoffs, but some years they miss as teams like CVC or Liberty have knocked them off prior to the finals. But yeah they’ll most likely face DLS at NCS (but not the regular season) in most years.

Reactions: remc and concrete17

Actually, you can't infer they were better those years...well YOU can...but nobody else will.

People get so upset about any argument in favor of Folsom over DLS. I think it is very logical for one to infer that Folsom could have beaten DLS in 2010 and that they were much better than their 2013 team. Part sport’s history is that there are historically great teams who put it all together in a specific year where they do things they didnt the year or more before. You ask the actual experts who saw those teams play and who do this analysis for a living and they will tell you Folsom in 2014 was an historically great team that was at least on par with DLS that year. Compare 2014 to the 2018 team that had several recruits with amazing talent and they couldnt beat DLS because of their lack of discipline and probably the coaching...Folsom outscores DLS 27 - 14 in second half but the first half got wrecked...anyone 2014 is behind us and so i will move on from that ...but i am curious about how successful they can be with Dougherty as their coach

Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically

Yet factually and actually on the field all Ls

Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically Hypothetically

Yet factually and actually on the field all Ls
Anyone have connections with the people from Deadliest Warrior? Maybe they can settle this.

Anyone have connections with the people from Deadliest Warrior? Maybe they can settle this.
Believe MC(kick out the jams m-f'rs) 4.15 is recovering on injured reserve, nursing his swollen trigger finger following the intense typing from his last post. Ice it up bruh 😎

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
Rocklin could not play because of covid rules..folsom ducked no one...and as has been spoken about at great length in the past folsom has tried to schedule more aggressively....if you all are so smart...go ask for a job as a coach at Folsom or any where else and see if you can do what they do...stupid ca rules prohibited those teams from playing and it is not stupid to use inference when an argument has validity...

And final thoughts...i didnt day folsom was better in 2014 i said they were at least as good....in addition professionals argued the same thing as pointed out by seeing Folsom, DLS and BG playing that year...historically great teams do happen and it can be made that folsom in 2014 was one of those teams...people got to stop hating on Folsom so much...i just hope in 2021 2022 school year folsom can finally knock that dls monkey off its back

THEOC89 had a good post i.e. DLS beating the Jake Browning teams two years in a row. The fact is that had DLS not taken their foot off the gas, they probably could have scored 80-90 points in each of those games. That is juts too great a gap to say that next year Folsom could play with them.

Anyway, looking forward to their game this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT