ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs DLS

I got those games flip flopped and much closer
Serra beats Pitt 35-28
Pitt beats Folsom 42-35

Early predictions for Pitt against Serra and Folsom?

Mine-
Pitt- 56 Serra- 31
Pitt- 38 Folsom- 52
I guess it's possible for Pitt-Serra as the first game of the year. Big learning curve and give the nod to the QB that will make plays when things break down.

Reactions: concrete17
I think when looking at the 2014 Folsom team, obvious they were very good, but to say they could beat a DLS team that year who had rolled them by 30-40 points the previous two years in a row seems like a stretch. Also, to say the 2014 Folsom team could beat today's MD and SJB is quite honestly ludicrous. Todays SJB and MD beat 2014 Folsom by what, 50 points? We have to realize just how loaded SJB and MD are.

I got those games flip flopped and much closer
Serra beats Pitt 35-28
Pitt beats Folsom 42-35
That predicted Serra score seems reasonable (either way). The Padres' defense does not appear to be as loaded as the offense. A high-scoring affair is very likely.

Said it the last time they played……will say it once more. Folsom is about to take a fat L at the hands of De La Salle. Come at me with all your theories about their fire power and what not. I’ve heard it about the Ngata brothers (their un-recruited cousin, Brandon Aiyuk, is showing to be better than any of them by the way), Elijah Badger and Kaiden Bennett. Hell, I heard the same about Browning and Jonah Williams’ team.

De La Salle will run the same 3-5 plays they always run on offense. Folsom will have a hard time stopping them and DLS will win the game.

Honestly, I’m more interested in seeing that Folsom has in store for Pittsburg. The last time I saw Folsom play they were in a dogfight with Edison of Stockton.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Can’t argue with the above. Until we see it on the field the rest is just hype from one school with higher recruited players. It’s simple. Control line, control ball, control clock. DLS Is master of this

Reactions: bella123
FWIW, Calpreps.com's matchup computer predictor thingamabob favors Folsom this year, 31-27 in their hypothetical neutral-field pick.

They play the games on the field, though... But that at least indicates the game might be a heck of a battle.

(I still think DLS pulls it out, btw)

These hopeful speculations have been ongoing for so long it has become almost comical. No Bay Area unit has beaten Sparta since Gulf War I. They will lose eventually. They have been tested on several occasions. But it's probably best to hold our water, keep our proverbial powder dry and hunker down until someone does upend them. Talk is really cheap. In this case, it's pointless. Beat them and then talk.

I think when looking at the 2014 Folsom team, obvious they were very good, but to say they could beat a DLS team that year who had rolled them by 30-40 points the previous two years in a row seems like a stretch.

This argument has been made before. It's a weak and flawed argument.

It's been pointed out many, many times how much different the 2014 Folsom team was from their 2012 and 2013 versions. Most notably on the offensive and defensive lines, which is where DLS destroyed them.

In 2014 they had Jonah Williams. You might have heard of him before? They didn't have him in 2012 or 2013. He played both ways and was an absolute monster difference maker.

They also had a senior version of Cody Creason, who landed a D1 scholarship to UofA and was a much better player than the one that got destroyed by Austin Hooper a few seasons earlier.

Those two players, along with several others (Sam Whitney, Kooper Richardson) that made huge leaps would have made a gigantic difference.

Also, Folsom's defensive unit as a whole was much superior to the 2 previous teams. 2014 is arguably the best defense Folsom has ever fielded.

Then offensively the 2014 team had a senior version of Jake Browning, with a dominant o-line in front of him and plenty of play makers around him. Browning's 2014 season was a level above 2013 and several levels above 2012.

In short, 2014 wasn't the same team. Not even close.

The only people that seem to make this argument didn't follow Folsom closely and simply look at previous season's boxscores.

I mean, was DLS's 2005 team the same as the 2004 squad that was blown out by Bellevue? How about the Spartans 2010 Open State Championship team? Should we assume it was a stretch to suggest that team could have turned the tables on Don Bosco Prep who lit them up the season before??

Different teams, different seasons.

Hell, a myriad of examples of turning the tables during the same season can be cited (yes, even blow outs). How anybody can believe it is a stretch to happen in a different season with different teams is baffling.

None of what has been outlined above is suggesting that Folsom would have won in 2014. It simply shows that some of you either aren't thinking clearly or just don't know much about the differences between the previous teams. Or the history of similar examples.

Again, citing the previous 2 season scores is ridiculously lazy and extremely flawed.

Last edited:
Also, to say the 2014 Folsom team could beat today's MD and SJB is quite honestly ludicrous. Todays SJB and MD beat 2014 Folsom by what, 50 points? We have to realize just how loaded SJB and MD are.

IDK anybody who suggests this. Maybe I don't see their content because I've ignored them.

Regardless I don't know of one rational person here that has ever suggested that 2014 Folsom could compete with or beat the recruited college rosters MD and SJB have been fielding for the past 5 years or so.

I don't believe many would suggest that many, if any, of DLS's past teams could do it. The Spartans current teams sure haven't been able to for the most part.

Everyone is aware of the deal. SoCal got fed up with DLS handing them their ass for 5 years straight so MD and SJB took recruiting to a new level. Those programs are no longer HS programs. They are borderline D1 college programs that could likely beat many of the JC's here in CA.

Reactions: colhenrylives
Said it the last time they played……will say it once more. Folsom is about to take a fat L at the hands of De La Salle. Come at me with all your theories about their fire power and what not. I’ve heard it about the Ngata brothers (their un-recruited cousin, Brandon Aiyuk, is showing to be better than any of them by the way), Elijah Badger and Kaiden Bennett. Hell, I heard the same about Browning and Jonah Williams’ team.

De La Salle will run the same 3-5 plays they always run on offense. Folsom will have a hard time stopping them and DLS will win the game.

Folsom v. DLS comes down to the same exact things as DLS versus every other team they face.

Can the opponent match (or exceed) the Spartans on the lines and play solid defense?

It's really that simple.

The teams that can match or exceed the Spartans in those areas tend to compete and fare very well. If the Spartans opponent also has a mobile QB, that just increases the odds of beating them.

The best teams Folsom has fielded were in 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2018. The most physical and best defensive teams were in 2014, 2015 and 2018.

DLS only faced one of those teams. And it was scoreless at half. It was a controversial end zone play away from a Folsom lead and ended up a 14-0 Spartans win. It was a close competitive game throughout that either team could have won had a couple plays gone their way.

If this current Folsom team has the physicality, defense and line play of the 14, 15, or 18 teams -- they'll have a chance. If they don't they won't. It's that simple.

Same applied to each of the Serra, Bellarmine, and St. Mary's teams that have competed closely and had chances to win.

It has nothing to do with this firepower crap.

Can they compete on the lines and on defense. Those are the only things that matter.

Like every other NorCal program, Folsom has only fielded a handful of teams over the past 30 years that could even compete. Yet only one of those teams have faced DLS. And it was close.

I've not seen this 2021 team play at all. I have no clue what they have to offer on the lines or on defense. But I'm gonna guess it's not on the level of their 2014, 2015, or 2018 teams. I hope I'm wrong. Cause it'd be nice to see another tight game.

Last edited:
Serra 49-21 Pitt
Folsom 56-21 Pitt
DLS 21-14 Folsom
My take on you posted scores:

Serra is significantly better than Pitts
Folsom is significantly better than Pitts and slightly better than Serra on offense and about the same on defense as Serra.
DLS is only slightly better than Folsom and Serra
Pittsburg is not that good this year and the bell-weather score with DLS should be around a 70-7 loss assuming equal score differentials.

This is not likely in Pitts' average recent years let alone this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
My take on you posted scores:

Serra is significantly better than Pitts
Folsom is significantly better than Pitts and slightly better than Serra on offense and about the same on defense as Serra.
DLS is only slightly better than Folsom and Serra
Pittsburg is not that good this year and the bell-weather score with DLS should be around a 70-7 loss assuming equal score differentials.

This is not likely in Pitts' average recent years let alone this year.
Are you saying that out of those four teams, Pittsburg is a distant fourth?

Are you saying that out of those four teams, Pittsburg is a distant fourth?
No - I believe Pitts will land #2 or #3 or a very close #4 in a tight race of the top 4.

My post was simply a hyperbole response to Scoop and Score's post.

Watching Folsom Vs Monterey Trail and it's only solidified my position. Folsom does not have the line play on either side of the ball to compete with DLS. They look sloppy, slow and out of shape. There is no chance they beat DLS and I'm a Folsom fan

That was my original thinking too but I also believe Folsom needs to get their bearings as well. Look at this year, we didn’t know how good they were until about half way thru a shortened season...2014 was the only year where they were unstoppable from game one...

also to the comment on folsom not being better until they beat dls sjb or md...on one hand that is true but i think you can still infer that 2010 and 2014 they were at least as good as dls...in 2014 you had folks who said they saw dls, bishop gorman and Folsom play and that folsom had the better defense ...and they had that otherworldly offense that only didn’t set the National record for points because 1st team offense spent a quarter and half on the sidelines because of running clock...and the famous coach from cathedral catholic said it was the hands down the best team he had seen in 25 years of coaching...with all that in mind, yes Folsom needs to beat DLS to finally get the monkey off its back...but two things: if folsom does win dont go saying it is a down year for dls and that is why they won and then second, if they do win, it doesn’t mean that this is the best folsom team because i think the 2014 and to some level 2010 team are historically great teams
So you want it both ways. If DLS wins, then it's not Folsom's best team. If Folsom wins, then it's not a down year for DLS.LOL........

Using extensive data mined from a super-computer hidden in remote caves beneath the polar ice cap and accessed only by flabby nerds with pocket protectors and bad breath, we have deduced the following stunning revelation: Comparing prep football teams from different years or different decades is a fool's errand. Let's put it this way: Is Bellarmine's unbeaten 1965 team (which did not permit a single score defensively _ the lone tally against it came courtesy of an intercepted pass _ and outscored its foes, 310-6) the greatest Bay Area unit of all-time?

Watching Folsom Vs Monterey Trail and it's only solidified my position. Folsom does not have the line play on either side of the ball to compete with DLS. They look sloppy, slow and out of shape. There is no chance they beat DLS and I'm a Folsom fan
This wasn't my takeaway from watching the game. Haven't seen DLS yet, but I think they are the best team as per usual. For Folsom, they have an experienced QB who is comfortable in the system and firepower on the outside. I thought they had some size and physicality on their defense that I don't usually see from Folsom. OL was good too and it was against a Monterey Trail team that has good size.

Big storyline to watch is whether this game is the high water mark for Folsom or a starting point.

This wasn't my takeaway from watching the game. Haven't seen DLS yet, but I think they are the best team as per usual. For Folsom, they have an experienced QB who is comfortable in the system and firepower on the outside. I thought they had some size and physicality on their defense that I don't usually see from Folsom. OL was good too and it was against a Monterey Trail team that has good size.

Big storyline to watch is whether this game is the high water mark for Folsom or a starting point.
If the defense can play with the intensity they seemed to play with yesterday and can carry that thru to DLS and the OL plays even better as time goes along then i think folsom has a stronger chance to beat DLS than they did even in 2018 when they lost by 14-0 on a very close game...it will be interesting to see if this team begins to mirror more of the 2010 and 2014 versions than 2017 and 2018

So you want it both ways. If DLS wins, then it's not Folsom's best team. If Folsom wins, then it's not a down year for DLS.LOL........

My take is this. DLS hasn't faced Folsom's best team. Or even their 2nd best. But they've still beaten some of Folsom's top teams, 2018 being one. Even their 2019 team was pretty darn good.

Conversely Folsom has never faced one of DLS's top teams. Not even a top 5 team.

If and when Folsom (or any other NorCal team) beats DLS it will be with one of their better teams and in a season when the Spartans are down a tad. That's most typically when they lose.

My take is this. DLS hasn't faced Folsom's best team. Or even their 2nd best. But they've still beaten some of Folsom's top teams, 2018 being one. Even their 2019 team was pretty darn good.

Conversely Folsom has never faced one of DLS's top teams. Not even a top 5 team.

If and when Folsom (or any other NorCal team) beats DLS it will be with one of their better teams and in a season when the Spartans are down a tad. That's most typically when they lose.
Really good take. I haven’t seen it summed up this way but it makes total sense.

Reactions: FBAddict
If the defense can play with the intensity they seemed to play with yesterday and can carry that thru to DLS and the OL plays even better as time goes along then i think folsom has a stronger chance to beat DLS than they did even in 2018 when they lost by 14-0 on a very close game...it will be interesting to see if this team begins to mirror more of the 2010 and 2014 versions than 2017 and 2018
We have a better idea about Folsom now. Nevertheless, 90% of a DLS/Folsom game result depends on what DLS has this year. It seems DLS' average can compete with Folsom's good. Is this year we will see a below average DLS squad? Several points such as reloading levels and assistant coach changes suggest this could be a down year for them. We shall see soon! And as every time before, I am looking forward to the Folsom / DLS showdown.

Hard to tell, I was surprised Folsom controlled the LOS so easily vs MT. Last time I saw DLS vs SM Stockton and Clayton Valley I was not impressed at all with their line play.Shocked even, you might say. Unless their line play is improved dramatically from last season, SMS could possibly pull the upset next week.

Hard to tell, I was surprised Folsom controlled the LOS so easily vs MT. Last time I saw DLS vs SM Stockton and Clayton Valley I was not impressed at all with their line play.Shocked even, you might say. Unless their line play is improved dramatically from last season, SMS could possibly pull the upset next week.
I have been thinking the same thing about the line play for DLS and how it went down last year vs ST Mary’s and CVC…. That has been my biggest concern….

I have though, gotten so interesting perspective from friends over there at DLS and last year was a REAL STRUGGLE for the team and program all around due to the COVID situation…. It was very hard for them all “Not Playing for Something”, meaning the Bigtime games like Folsom, Not getting to play the TX Games, The NCS Championship and most of all the quest to win The Open. None of that was on the Table for those kids that worked so hard for it to be “Their Time”…. It took an emotional toll on everyone in the program and the Sloppy play on the field reflected the lack of practice they were allowed as well as not the usual focus towards their normal goals….

They are very ready this year, there is a lot of internal excitement about what is going on and the talent they have…. I think it’s going to be a good year for them and they will show it against ST.Mary’s this week….

I just hope we don't have any COVID Setbacks and the games are all played…. DLS has a Terrific schedule this year and I can’t wait to see how it plays out!….

Last edited:
I have been thinking the same thing about the line play for DLS and how it went down last year vs ST Mary’s and CVC…. That has been my biggest concern….

I have though, gotten so interesting perspective from friends over there at DLS and last year was a REAL STRUGGLE for the team and program all around due to the COVID situation…. It was very hard for them all “Not Playing for Something”, meaning the Bigtime games like Folsom, Not getting to play the TX Games, The NCS Championship and most of all the quest to win The Open. None of that was not on the Table for those kids that worked so hard for it to be “Their Time”…. It took an emotional toll on everyone in the program and the Sloppy play on the field reflected the lack of practice they were allowed as well as not the usual focus towards their normal goals….

They are very ready this year, there is a lot of internal excitement about what is going on and the talent they have…. I think it’s going to be a good year for them and they will show it against ST.Mary’s this week….

I just hope we don't have any COVID Setbacks and the games are all played…. DLS has a Terrific schedule this year and I can’t wait to see how it plays out!….
That makes a lot of sense OC, thanks for the insight. I hadn't considered that at all

How can you say that Folsom of 2012, 2013 and 2018 were not as good as Folsom 2010?….

The only Difference Between those teams, is 2012, 2013 and 2018 is that they actually had to play DLS on the field…. That is the only reason the 2012 and 2013 don’t that the lower level SBG wins the 2014 and 2018 teams had….

And the 2018 Team Benefited form the “Folsom Rule” which was in place because the 2014 Team was so worried that they were going to get Boat-raced again that they felt “It’s not Fair That The 2nd Best Team in Nor Cal has to Play DLS to go to a SBG’….. 🤣

DLS Has Beaten the Best Folsom has to Offer, the 2018 Team was a 2 Time Back To Back Lower Level Champ and their only loss in 2 years was to DLS….

Funny how you never bring that up or the Mental Edge that DLS had over Folsom in 2014….

And Remember Folsom “2nd Beat Team” you Cliam which is 2010 got their doors blown off by Grant and had Grant been at full strength in the playoffs, Folsom would not have even have a SBG in 2010….

2018 was Folsom’s Best team ever, Better QB, skill players, linemen, etc… The only Difference between 2014, 2010 and 2018 is 2018 actually had to play DLS…..

Very convenient of you to pick the 2 Folsom Teams that Didn’t have to play DLS as “The Best Ever” when the Championship Banners say Differently….🤣🤣

Reactions: RedZone90 and remc

I have though, gotten so interesting perspective from friends over there at DLS and last year was a REAL STRUGGLE for the team and program all around due to the COVID situation…. It was very hard for them all “Not Playing for Something”, meaning the Bigtime games like Folsom, Not getting to play the TX Games, The NCS Championship and most of all the quest to win The Open. None of that was on the Table for those kids that worked so hard for it to be “Their Time”…. It took an emotional toll on everyone in the program and the Sloppy play on the field reflected the lack of practice they were allowed as well as not the usual focus towards their normal goals….

Agreed Primo.....think Coach A and staff got their Spartans right where they want them, challenged as the under dogs. Think back to whenever The Spartans came into a season with not one, not two but 3 regular season games as the under dogs ???

3 (three) of the teams on their nonleague schedule had a higher power rating and ranking , when this year's schedule was put together.........
back to back matchups, no less. San Diego's Cathedral Catholic, Maryland's St Frances Academy and Folsom's Bulldogs. A big thanks to 82

Last edited:
Agreed Primo.....think Coach A and staff got their Spartans right where they want them, challenged as the under dogs. Think back to whenever The Spartans came into a season with not one, not two but 3 regular season games as the under dogs ???

3 (three) of the teams on their nonleague schedule had a higher power rating and ranking , when this year's schedule was put together.........
back to back, no less. San Diego's Cathedral Catholic, Maryland's St Frances Academy and Folsom's Bulldogs. A big thanks to 82
Exactly My Friend!!!…. I am really excited for their schedule this year and to see the team play!!!… I can’t wait for the SFA Game, and San Diego CC Games, I am going to those!!!….

I really wish I could be at The Folsom Game…. Folsom has to be one of the best Venues for HSFB in CA and I have never seen a game there…. 🍻

Reactions: concrete17
How can you say that Folsom of 2012, 2013 and 2018 were not as good as Folsom 2010?….

The only Difference Between those teams, is 2012, 2013 and 2018 is that they actually had to play DLS on the field…. That is the only reason the 2012 and 2013 don’t that the lower level SBG wins the 2014 and 2018 teams had….

And the 2018 Team Benefited form the “Folsom Rule” which was in place because the 2014 Team was so worried that they were going to get Boat-raced again that they felt “It’s not Fair That The 2nd Best Team in Nor Cal has to Play DLS to go to a SBG’….. 🤣

DLS Has Beaten the Best Folsom has to Offer, the 2018 Team was a 2 Time Back To Back Lower Level Champ and their only loss in 2 years was to DLS….

Funny how you never bring that up or the Mental Edge that DLS had over Folsom in 2014….

And Remember Folsom “2nd Beat Team” you Cliam which is 2010 got their doors blown off by Grant and had Grant been at full strength in the playoffs, Folsom would not have even have a SBG in 2010….

2018 was Folsom’s Best team ever, Better QB, skill players, linemen, etc… The only Difference between 2014, 2010 and 2018 is 2018 actually had to play DLS…..

Very convenient of you to pick the 2 Folsom Teams that Didn’t have to play DLS as “The Best Ever” when the Championship Banners say Differently….🤣🤣
LOL, the 2018 and 2019 varsity squads at Folsom were the best they have had in my opinion.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
LOL, the 2018 and 2019 varsity squads at Folsom were the best they have had in my opinion.

Not. Even. Close.

And even if you were right, the 2014 team was the toughest matchup for DLS because of the line play on both sides of the ball and the overall strength of the defense, but primarily from the front 7.

2010 was a difficult matchup for DLS, offensively, because they’ve almost always struggled against dual threat QB’s. While small, Graves was the most impactful and dynamic dual threat QB Folsom has ever had. He would have given the Spartans defense fits.

Trouble is the 2010 defense for Folsom had little if any shot of slowing the Spartans.

2014 was by far Folsom’s best chance against DLS. The line play and defense was the best they’ve had. 2015 had good line play too and a dual threat QB (Trosin) that would have caused problems, but the defense wasn’t as good as the 2014 team.

Matchups mean everything. So do strengths and weaknesses. Folsom’s 2018 and 2019 teams weren’t as big, strong or dominant on the lines. And their QB wasn’t near as talented.

End of story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Streak One
The 2014 team would have been a great game vs DeLa. Not sure about the 2015 team as they got beat by Bellarmine at home in the NorCal Title game. The Bells ran the double wing and controlled possession.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
If 2014 was Folsom's best team or maybe 2010, it seems there would have been the same result. In 2014 adding one stud transfer lineman who is now a pro did upgrade Folsom, but enough to erase a 5-7 td difference in the previous 2 DLS/Folsom games? Doubtful.

If 2014 was Folsom's best team or maybe 2010, it seems there would have been the same result. In 2014 adding one stud transfer lineman who is now a pro did upgrade Folsom, but enough to erase a 5-7 td difference in the previous 2 DLS/Folsom games? Doubtful.
I think people to skip the rational arguments in favor of why the 2014 was so much better than the prior two years...go back thru the thread and it isn’t unreasonable to assume Folsom could have beaten DLS in 2014...also, witnesses who saw Folsom, DLS and BG play all ranked the Folsom defense as the best..it was one of those unique teams and years where everything came together...no one thought TB would dominate KC this year in the SB or the 49ers would make it to the NFC championship in 2012 after a 6 and 10 record prior year...teams come together to create historically unique outcomes and in 2014 it all aligned for Folsom regardless of the so called folsom rule...mark tennis did a nice analysis on folsom at the time..early on in the season comparing folsom and dls and it acknowledged how close to really being at the same level they were...(and this was with jonah williams out with minor injury) and folsom did end up ranked #4 in the country that year

I think people to skip the rational arguments in favor of why the 2014 was so much better than the prior two years...go back thru the thread and it isn’t unreasonable to assume Folsom could have beaten DLS in 2014...also, witnesses who saw Folsom, DLS and BG play all ranked the Folsom defense as the best..it was one of those unique teams and years where everything came together...no one thought TB would dominate KC this year in the SB or the 49ers would make it to the NFC championship in 2012 after a 6 and 10 record prior year...teams come together to create historically unique outcomes and in 2014 it all aligned for Folsom regardless of the so called folsom rule...mark tennis did a nice analysis on folsom at the time..early on in the season comparing folsom and dls and it acknowledged how close to really being at the same level they were...(and this was with jonah williams out with minor injury) and folsom did end up ranked #4 in the country that year
Can you Cite some Sources where “Witnesses” actually said that Folsom Defense was Better then DLS and BG??… 🤣

Also, what about the Mental Edge that DLS had over Folsom in 2014 from back to back 5TD Beatdowns of the Same Folsom Players…. So Much so that Folsom lobbied the CIF so the didn’t have to play DLS to go to a SBG…..

You Folsom Homers Never Bring that Up…. Your Coach was already Beaten by DLS in 2014 because he didn’t want to play them…. If your Coach is Scared of DLS then so is the rest of the team….

It Took Folsom 5 year and their Best team Ever with 17 returning starters before Folsom would schedule DLS….

You can make up all the stories you want about “Witnesses”, but the reality is, Folsom was not Making up a 5 TD deficit with 2 new players…. And you also assume DLS wasn’t better in 2014 which they were….

The 2014 Folsom Arguement is so rediculous, they were not even as good as Folsom’s 2018 Team and they were shut out by a far worse DLS Team then the 2014 DLS team who would have beat Folsom 35-3 or something to that effect….

What you Folsom guys should be worried about is which team was Better, 2018 Folsom or 2014…. At Least 2018 was running scared of DLS like the 2014 team was…. 🤣

Reactions: RedZone90
@THEOC89

How come anyone who even makes a claim you disagree with re: Folsom is automatically a “Folsom Homer”? I mean, get some new material.

Maybe I need to go back and re-read some of these comments, but I just don’t remember anyone stating ”Folsom 20XX would’ve beat DLS”. Your opinion seems to be that teams can’t have huge swings in success from one season to the next, which is ludicrous.
There are countless examples of below .500 teams turning things around and winning section titles the following year. Does anyone think BCP could’ve beat Folsom in 2014, probably not. Yet the Bells thumped Folsom in 15’. Quite a big swing year over year. Not sure why you won’t even acknowledge the possibility that Folsom’s 14’ couldve been much better than their 12 & 13 teams.

BTW - I’m with you on the Folsom rule, I hated it, and agree that it made Folsom look weak and scared. That said, I am glad these schools are now facing off with more regularity During the season.

As for Folsom’s best teams, I personally don’t think Folsoms 2010 team had the line play or defense to even give DLS a game. Whatever Graves and Richards brought to the offense, I’d think DLS’s offense wouldve just marched up and down the field every time they had the ball. I think the 14‘ team and the 18‘ teams were Folsoms best. 2014 perhaps the best TEAM, and 2018 the best PLAYERS. Having witnessed the 2018 game between DLS and Folsom, I honestly thought Folsom was the better team. But in the end it was DLS that made the plays that created the difference, and Folsom made mistakes when it mattered. I believe Folsom outgained DLS by a 3-1 margin, but the score was the only thing that matters. Until Folsom finally wins, it simply doesn’t matter what I, or anyone else thinks.

I can assure you one thing. If you and I ever disagree in the future, please don’t label me a “Homer” (For the record, I root against Folsom far more often than I root for them). Maybe, just maybe, there might be other intelligent opinions out there that differ from yours.

✌🏼

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT