ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs Jesuit; Folsom and DLS 2021

Jfoyosoul

Superstar
Aug 21, 2015
Is it just me or things are starting to look eerily similar to 2014 for Folsom and DLS. I knew Folsom would handily beat Jesuit but not to this degree. I didnt expect DLS to crush SM. I know we are only two games in for Folsom and 1 game in for DLS but I am starting to think (depending on Pitt/SFA games) these teams will be bar none the best two teams in Nor Cal and maybe the best two Nor Cal teams since 2014. I know Folsom had a great team in 2017 and 2018 when they won back to back CIF D1AA titles but I believe those two teams had a couple of close games. We will see how well Folsom and DLS do against Pittsburg and SFA and so I may be speaking way to early but if Folsom can at least won by close to 3 TDs and DLS beat or lose closely to SFA than we will be in for an epic battle Oct. 8th...which I hope to be there for

Is it just me or things are starting to look eerily similar to 2014 for Folsom and DLS. I knew Folsom would handily beat Jesuit but not to this degree. I didnt expect DLS to crush SM. I know we are only two games in for Folsom and 1 game in for DLS but I am starting to think (depending on Pitt/SFA games) these teams will be bar none the best two teams in Nor Cal and maybe the best two Nor Cal teams since 2014. I know Folsom had a great team in 2017 and 2018 when they won back to back CIF D1AA titles but I believe those two teams had a couple of close games. We will see how well Folsom and DLS do against Pittsburg and SFA and so I may be speaking way to early but if Folsom can at least won by close to 3 TDs and DLS beat or lose closely to SFA than we will be in for an epic battle Oct. 8th...which I hope to be there for
This has Zero Resemblance to 2014…. Your Obsession with 2014 is Alarming…. 🤣🤣

Enjoy the Era we are in, it is what we currently have, there is no need to compare it to the Past because these 2 teams had nothing to do with 2014, 2018, or 2019…. 🍻

Jeez...im just making a comment...i did say it may be way to early...we shall see what happens...but it is perfectly normal to compare teams year over year just to have a starting point...every team every year is different but one also uses history to judge and compare....can you try to lay off folsom fans for once and let sound arguments, opinions, etc. be just that....if a dls fan wants to come on here and say this 2021 team could be one of their best in the last few years or that it reminds them of say 20xx so be it as they know more about DLS than I do...i only have good folsom teams from 2010 now to compare too so this is my opinion for now

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Jeez...im just making a comment...i did say it may be way to early...we shall see what happens...but it is perfectly normal to compare teams year over year just to have a starting point...every team every year is different but one also uses history to judge and compare....can you try to lay off folsom fans for once and let sound arguments, opinions, etc. be just that....if a dls fan wants to come on here and say this 2021 team could be one of their best in the last few years or that it reminds them of say 20xx so be it as they know more about DLS than I do...i only have good folsom teams from 2010 now to compare too so this is my opinion for now
You should go back and read your post…. If I was a Folsom fan I would disagree almost everything you say….

Both 2014 DLS and 2014 Folsom are on a Different Stratosphere then either of these teams no matter what happens this year…. And 2018 Folsom was a Back To Back D-1 Champ losing 1 game in 2 years….

The last full season Folsom didn’t even make the Section Finals…. Let’s get there and to a state championship before we start labeling levels of greatness after 2 blow out wins over the #453 and #682 ranked teams…. 🤣🤣

Absolutely agree about those two 2014 teams...but dont forget the folsom 2014 team was coming off a year in which they got walloped by dls and we had no idea how good they would be until that year...just in seeing how the first two games have gone folsom is looking more in midseason form than even the 2017 or 2018 previous years ...again my logic may be a stretch but im just stating i have not seen this level of play from at least folsom if not dls so early on since around 2014...but again i may be way too early on this...rather than hating on my post as you do on most folsom posts (you just said that folsom 2014 and dls were in a different stratosphere...however you also said on my other posts that we cant say that folsom 2014 was that much better than 2013 ...so it cant be both) ...just let me have my own opinion and observations and if i turn out to be wrong so be it...it is just fun to try and compare to other years...no harm no foul

Absolutely agree about those two 2014 teams...but dont forget the folsom 2014 team was coming off a year in which they got walloped by dls and we had no idea how good they would be until that year...just in seeing how the first two games have gone folsom is looking more in midseason form than even the 2017 or 2018 previous years ...again my logic may be a stretch but im just stating i have not seen this level of play from at least folsom if not dls so early on since around 2014...but again i may be way too early on this...rather than hating on my post as you do on most folsom posts (you just said that folsom 2014 and dls were in a different stratosphere...however you also said on my other posts that we cant say that folsom 2014 was that much better than 2013 ...so it cant be both) ...just let me have my own opinion and observations and if i turn out to be wrong so be it...it is just fun to try and compare to other years...no harm no foul
In 2019 Folsom Beat Jesuit 52-12 and Antelope 49-13 to start the season…. Almost exactly how they started now and they didn’t even make the section Finals….

Joe Davison called the 2019 Folsom Team “The most Talented Team In Nor Cal”…. And they didn’t even make the section finals….

And Yes, I will personally take the 2018 Folsom Team over 2014, but the consensus is that the 2014 team was better so I am going with the consensus on that one…. 🤣

This subject has been beaten to death, Folsom homers regurgitating the same nonsense before the first game and after every loss since. It seems to me that the only way that Folsom wins against DLS is in an imaginary game that was never played. If this was the first game of the series then opinions and observations would have more standing but your team is 0-4 so your drivel is just words trying to make yourself feel better. Quoting the late Al Davis “Just Win Baby!” Then we can start taking you seriously.

• Haha
I don’t understand peoples abhorrence for Folsom football...you all give folsom a hard time for losing to dls (have only played 4 times with two really close games) and bad mouthing them for not playing big time teams from so cal and for having a hand full of players not originally from folsom yet MD SJB and DLS have a much wider breadth of who can come to the school...if your home team accomplished what folsom has in the last 10 or so years i am sure you would be thrilled ...and being a folsom homer isnt a bad thing...hmm, maybe you are willing to share who your team is? If not, quick hating on folsom and their fans...it is perfectly acceptable to have a certain opinion on this year’s team and if i am wrong it will show...i didnt say we would beat dls this year or compete with MD..im just stating that i am getting this eery feeling folsom could be greater than its most recent teams other than 2014

I don’t understand peoples abhorrence for Folsom football...you all give folsom a hard time for losing to dls (have only played 4 times with two really close games) and bad mouthing them for not playing big time teams from so cal and for having a hand full of players not originally from folsom yet MD SJB and DLS have a much wider breadth of who can come to the school...if your home team accomplished what folsom has in the last 10 or so years i am sure you would be thrilled ...and being a folsom homer isnt a bad thing...hmm, maybe you are willing to share who your team is? If not, quick hating on folsom and their fans...it is perfectly acceptable to have a certain opinion on this year’s team and if i am wrong it will show...i didnt say we would beat dls this year or compete with MD..im just stating that i am getting this eery feeling folsom could be greater than its most recent teams other than 2014
I don’t think you even read my previous post or maybe you didn’t comprehend the the subject matter. Go back and read it then spend some time mulling it over then get back to me.

• Haha
I read it and have also repeated myself several times that i am simply making an observation that folsom could have a dynamite team this year in context of its own team history.....this is my own opinion and i may or may not be right but there js nothing wrong with believing the best about your team...i am not going to say any more because folks are obviously not listening

I read it and have also repeated myself several times that i am simply making an observation that folsom could have a dynamite team this year in context of its own team history.....this is my own opinion and i may or may not be right but there js nothing wrong with believing the best about your team...i am not going to say any more because folks are obviously not listening
If that’s the only observation you have spouted then you wouldn’t have gotten a response from me but previous post have said otherwise (you even stated that 2014 team was good enough to beat 2021 MD and SJB hence Folsom can win big games they never play) that’s not an observation that’s crazy talk. Maybe you need to look back at your whole body of work then maybe you’ll understand my statement.

• Haha
its the same Folsom nut job with 40 handles and posts to himself to stir chit up......he is about to get blocked,,,,I am tired of the nonsense...

its the same Folsom nut job with 40 handles and posts to himself to stir chit up......he is about to get blocked,,,,I am tired of the nonsense...
You are just mad I owned you on the comment about open enrollment. The ownage was so bad, you didn't even have a response. Block away. Still won't cure the decade worth of a*s whoopins you've taken and never will!

You are just mad I owned you on the comment about open enrollment. The ownage was so bad, you didn't even have a response. Block away. Still won't cure the decade worth of a*s whoopins you've taken and never will!
There you are Block. You do know if you come out from your mommas basement and get some color from the sun you wouldn’t have to call yourself pasty. You still trying to prop up your 0-4 v DLS Folsom. You do know they’re the best public school north of highway 50, east of I5, west of Grass Valley and south of that 7-11 down the street from your mommas basement. Congrats👍

just in case you think i am part of it...this jfoyosoul is my only handle and the only one i have ever used...you can also tell by the writing style and how i make my arguments

that being said...saying that the 2014 folsom team (and probably the 2014 dls) could hang with today’s MD or SJB is not entirely out of the question...hands down those two teams were better than the more recent dls teams that have at least been within a few touchdowns of md or sjb the last couple of years...those two teams had incredible offense and defense lines to go along with great offenses...now yes we will never know and so i can simply have my opinion...but rather hate on people’s opinion or dismiss their rationale arguments...try to find common ground and appreciate great teams for what they are...you still wont name your home team which makes me think you dont want to because you are jealous of folsom’s success compared to your own team or you just have judgement for judgment sake...any person who supports their team should be applauded...if you are a supporter of grant and want to talk about the 2008 grant team that beat lbp (which is the only open division champ not named cal hi sports team of the year, which makes me mad and question their bias when every open winning team since then has been named team of the year...all because centennial beat dls) and state that the 2008 grant team could go toe to toe with the 2014 folsom team or dls or whatever i welcome your view and i wont go on judging you...my whole initial post was just an observation of how folsom and dls are looking early on this year...i have said several times that i may be speaking too early but nonetheless i still think it is possible for this to be Folsom’s best team since 2014...so may be you can start letting people support who they support...hs football is exciting and i think we have a great year in store for many a nor cal teams..enjoy it and quit giving me or any other folsom supporter a hard time...

• Haha
just in case you think i am part of it...this jfoyosoul is my only handle and the only one i have ever used...you can also tell by the writing style and how i make my arguments

that being said...saying that the 2014 folsom team (and probably the 2014 dls) could hang with today’s MD or SJB is not entirely out of the question...hands down those two teams were better than the more recent dls teams that have at least been within a few touchdowns of md or sjb the last couple of years...those two teams had incredible offense and defense lines to go along with great offenses...now yes we will never know and so i can simply have my opinion...but rather hate on people’s opinion or dismiss their rationale arguments...try to find common ground and appreciate great teams for what they are...you still wont name your home team which makes me think you dont want to because you are jealous of folsom’s success compared to your own team or you just have judgement for judgment sake...any person who supports their team should be applauded...if you are a supporter of grant and want to talk about the 2008 grant team that beat lbp (which is the only open division champ not named cal hi sports team of the year, which makes me mad and question their bias when every open winning team since then has been named team of the year...all because centennial beat dls) and state that the 2008 grant team could go toe to toe with the 2014 folsom team or dls or whatever i welcome your view and i wont go on judging you...my whole initial post was just an observation of how folsom and dls are looking early on this year...i have said several times that i may be speaking too early but nonetheless i still think it is possible for this to be Folsom’s best team since 2014...so may be you can start letting people support who they support...hs football is exciting and i think we have a great year in store for many a nor cal teams..enjoy it and quit giving me or any other folsom supporter a hard time...
I was just about to post to @Norcalnut that you and @pastyfastquick3 are the same person…. 🤣

But Since you denied that in the opening of your post with no Provocation, I will Refrain…. 🤣🤣🍻

There you are Block. You do know if you come out from your mommas basement and get some color from the sun you wouldn’t have to call yourself pasty. You still trying to prop up your 0-4 v DLS Folsom. You do know they’re the best public school north of highway 50, east of I5, west of Grass Valley and south of that 7-11 down the street from your mommas basement. Congrats👍
Speaking of moms basements- didn't you just create a name on here for the sole purpose of responding to me? Sound eerily familiar.

I'm just glad you got off the 90s AOL Spartan whatever forum you goons post on, and got with times. That site is fading faster than that 1960s veer, getting kids fat scholarships to San Jose State!

Speaking of moms basements- didn't you just create a name on here for the sole purpose of responding to me? Sound eerily familiar.

I'm just glad you got off the 90s AOL Spartan whatever forum you goons post on, and got with times. That site is fading faster than that 1960s veer, getting kids fat scholarships to San Jose State!
No, I’m using the same name I use on the national board Sybil. So Folsom and there 4 and 5 star transfers are 0-4 against outclassed SJS scholarship getting nobody’s, So what does that say about your coaching staff and program? you should be proud👍

Last edited:
No, I’m using the same name I use on the national board Sybil. So Folsom and there 4 and 5 star transfers are 0-4 against outclassed SJS scholarship getting nobody’s, So what does that say about your coaching staff and program? you should be proud👍
Pretty sure all those national recruits are enjoying themselves at the nation's top universities and NFL, while the DLS guys are enjoying SJSU talking about running the veer.

DLS dude, 3rd on the depth chart at SJSU- "Hey remember when we beat Folsom with our veer!?

Other dude- "ya no one cares about HS dude. That's for that's the Spartanhood posters! Get a GF dude!"

Not sure which one sounds better.... 😉

Pretty sure all those national recruits are enjoying themselves at the nation's top universities and NFL, while the DLS guys are enjoying SJSU talking about running the veer.

DLS dude, 3rd on the depth chart at SJSU- "Hey remember when we beat Folsom with our veer!?

Other dude- "ya no one cares about HS dude. That's for that's the Spartanhood posters! Get a GF dude!"

Not sure which one sounds better.... 😉
Do I need some alo for that burn? Really digging deep now. Next your gonna come at me with some “Yo Momma” jokes and really put me in my place. Who’s had more NFL players, pro bowlers? not Folsom by a bunch. In fact DLS should have 2 first round picks in the next draft. Oh, by the way, 0-4 v DLS. Folsom could even win the next game and still only be 1-4, that’s pretty sad when you have to win for the next 4 years just to be .500. Your winning!🤪

I think DLS has two alums playing tight end in the NFL now and Folsom has at least Jonah Williams/Jake Browning in the NFL too. Those facts don't fit a cherry picked narrative so I guess they don't matter

The two programs are the standard for Northern California football. As was stated in other posts, why can't we just appreciate them for that fact? We have results from the past and games that we wish were played that didn't happen. But in the end, none of that matters for this season and what will happen next month.

I think DLS has two alums playing tight end in the NFL now and Folsom has at least Jonah Williams/Jake Browning in the NFL too. Those facts don't fit a cherry picked narrative so I guess they don't matter

The two programs are the standard for Northern California football. As was stated in other posts, why can't we just appreciate them for that fact? We have results from the past and games that we wish were played that didn't happen. But in the end, none of that matters for this season and what will happen next month.
Agree 100 percent.

But how come DLS posters can't just live with Folsom being a top flight team? Any time the term Folsom is mentioned you have a handful of DLS posters (and even some SJS ones) go literal ape shit.

And don't say "it's not Folsom it's you!" That is obviously not correct as other Folsom fan posters are also attacked. Even @ThunderRam, who is def no Folsom fan, is left defending Folsom from the dogs on here.

I don't get why a handful of middle aged men on this site get a half woody every time the term Folsom is mentioned on this site. It's actually really sad. They don't even know that these forums are often shown and read by many people who don't post on here and think the whole thing is a joke. Such insecurities over HSFB. It's borderline manic.

I can't speak for anyone else on why they might post something, but there are multiple people on both sides who seem to like the conflict this brings up.

I just think people are missing some pretty good football and storylines because of it 🤷‍♂️

Please stop using rationale, reason and clarity in your posts @Streak One . We’ll have none of that in this thread.

This thread is reserved for Folsom fans who SOOOO badly want to finally beat DLS so they can beat their chests even more about how great they, and all their regional recruits, truly are.
And this thread is also for DLS fans who SOOOO badly don’t want to lose their place atop the NorCal high school football. Maybe the DLS fans are upset at Folsom because the Spartans aren’t able to recruit the Sacramento region as easily as they did in the past. I can’t be the only one who thinks DJ Williams would’ve been a Bulldog, can I?

😜

I can't speak for anyone else on why they might post something, but there are multiple people on both sides who seem to like the conflict this brings up.

I just think people are missing some pretty good football and storylines because of it 🤷‍♂️
Agree. Maybe I should stop feeding food to the bears, but its just so fun sometimes with a computer and a 🍺.

I enjoy watching two excellent programs in DLS and Folsom. The fact is that for pastyafstquick3 it is important to him

The 2014 DLS team hanging with SJB and MD of today? Possible. The Folsom 2014 could never hang with SJB and MD of today, since that Folsom 2014 teams defense was basically the same one that had given up what, 6-8 td's a game the previous two years they played DLS. Their 2014 defense was nowhere near as good as some folks like to portray.

• Haha
I enjoy watching two excellent programs in DLS and Folsom. The fact is that for pastyafstquick3 it is important to him

The 2014 DLS team hanging with SJB and MD of today? Possible. The Folsom 2014 could never hang with SJB and MD of today, since that Folsom 2014 teams defense was basically the same one that had given up what, 6-8 td's a game the previous two years they played DLS. Their 2014 defense was nowhere near as good as some folks like to portray.
Outstanding Post!!!… 🤣🍻

False.

The 2014 Folsom team was their best and could hang with anyone in the country on either side of the ball.

Folsom was the best on the lines that year and that would have been the difference against DLS. Plus DLSs corners and secondary were their Achilles heal and would have gotten torched by Browning and all those weapons they had. Ducks in a barrel. Folsom had D1s all over the field and two NFLers on that team. Game over- especially against that DLS secondary and line.

False.

The 2014 Folsom team was their best and could hang with anyone in the country on either side of the ball.

Folsom was the best on the lines that year and that would have been the difference against DLS. Plus DLSs corners and secondary were their Achilles heal and would have gotten torched by Browning and all those weapons they had. Ducks in a barrel. Folsom had D1s all over the field and two NFLers on that team. Game over- especially against that DLS secondary and line.
I guess DLS nor cal winning streak was over in 2014, we should inform the record keepers of the error in the stats. I hear that 2014 Folsom also beat 2021 MD an SJB in the Geico Time Warp bowl. That a remarkable accomplishment from a little norcal public school using a second hand time machine👍

• Haha
Reactions: MC415 and THEOC89
False.

Hang with anyone in the country because of one out of state transfer lineman who is now in the NFL? Get real. Folsom was better in 2014, but was still a team that the previous two years could have had 100 points scored on them each game vs. DLS if the Spartans had not substituted early in second half. Impossible to improve that much in one year.

Hang with anyone in the country because of one out of state transfer lineman who is now in the NFL? Get real. Folsom was better in 2014, but was still a team that the previous two years could have had 100 points scored on them each game vs. DLS if the Spartans had not substituted early in second half. Impossible to improve that much in one year.
Correction: Davis High got him as an out of state transfer from Georgia as a freshman. His family moved there.

His family then moved to Folsom and he transfered as a junior. He was not out of state, as Davis is about 30 min away.

I'd say that's much better than the move from Sacramento (Sac High) to DLS for Henry T right?

Folsom would have beat DLS in 2014 strictly based on line play and a shitty secondary for DLS which Browning and the weapons would have destroyed.

Maybe to make it a completely fair fight, we should lobby BART to extend to Folsom and outlaw Sacramento stars like DJ amd Henry from going to DLS. I mean since Folsom can't have anyone that wasn't born in Folsom right? Fair fight. Straight up. 😉

Correction: Davis High got him as an out of state transfer from Georgia as a freshman. His family moved there.

His family then moved to Folsom and he transfered as a junior. He was not out of state, as Davis is about 30 min away.

I'd say that's much better than the move from Sacramento (Sac High) to DLS for Henry T right?

Folsom would have beat DLS in 2014 strictly based on line play and a shitty secondary for DLS which Browning and the weapons would have destroyed.

Maybe to make it a completely fair fight, we should lobby BART to extend to Folsom and outlaw Sacramento stars like DJ amd Henry from going to DLS. I mean since Folsom can't have anyone that wasn't born in Folsom right? Fair fight. Straight up. 😉
See, you couldn’t help yourself, saying stupid shit again. Folsom transfers lived closer than DLS transfers so that gives them the moral high ground. I couldn’t make that stuff up. Good job you just broke the internet🤪

2021…reality check.

Forget last week’s first half against the Rams. Sparty is loaded with Sparty-type talent. I get it that it’s MT, but the line play is silly on both sides of the ball. I’m looking at the technique. It’ll only be better by Oct. Keeping it real, peeps, Folsom is effed. I’ve watched both teams play. Regardless of what happens against SFA (I predict a win…but God forbid…for Folsom…if DLS should lose), get ready for DLS/Folsom 5.0.

Sparty 49
Folsom 14

block….no need to respond. I won’t respond back to you…because you’re ghey and lame.

Last edited:
…and their LBs are looking good. What’s crazy is that they’re playing a sorta 46 type defense. LB Perkins and DE Tofaeono are standing up on the edges with the FS and Spartan supporting the MLB. Looks like they’re playing to their strengths. Definitely a different look on D. I like it.

Last edited:
SFA/DLS is going to be a great game. Can’t wait. I’ll be there for it. But I’m out. It’s late here on the east coast.

Please stop using rationale, reason and clarity in your posts @Streak One . We’ll have none of that in this thread.

This thread is reserved for Folsom fans who SOOOO badly want to finally beat DLS so they can beat their chests even more about how great they, and all their regional recruits, truly are.
And this thread is also for DLS fans who SOOOO badly don’t want to lose their place atop the NorCal high school football. Maybe the DLS fans are upset at Folsom because the Spartans aren’t able to recruit the Sacramento region as easily as they did in the past. I can’t be the only one who thinks DJ Williams would’ve been a Bulldog, can I?

😜
They couldn't get Najee Harris

😜
DLS couldn't get Najee Harris or Joe Mixon, and they're right there in East CoCo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT