ADVERTISEMENT

Foundation games

Mitty @ Burlingame and Serra @ Palo Alto are two games that sound interesting to me. Personally, I'll be taking the 280 South a few exits to Daly City to watch Riordan @ Jefferson since it's local to me.

The remaining WCAL games are listed at: http://wcalsports.org/docs/schedules/BBKBComposit.pdf

Riordan vs Jeff will probably not be competitive. I believe Jeff's top 5 players are still not available.

O'Dowd plays at DLS Tues, frosh, jv, varsity tripleheader. 4, 5:30 and 7

Both schools are still going in football, but I have no idea whether that will have any effect on rosters.

Serra 56, Palo Alto 51. Well-played for a November contest between both teams. Both teams will benefit from the game. I would say the difference was Serra's ability to hit a few more 3's, particularly late in the shot clock. Both teams should do quite well this season.

Riordan 64 - Jefferson 50 - game was closer than I thought it should have been. Jefferson was definitely missing player(s) - I don't know their roster / team make-up well but know they were missing players. Riordan was led by James Chun and Jelani Clark (no surprise there). They got less out of their role players than I expected. Also Riordan has a 6'3" transfer from last year who still isn't eligible but will be a good addition to the starting five when eligible (hearing early January).

I was expecting / hoping for more from Riordan so I walked away disappointed in their effort and results against an undermanned PAL squad. If Riordan doesn't step it up another gear or two it's going to be another long WCAL season.......

Riordan vs Jeff will probably not be competitive. I believe Jeff's top 5 players are still not available.
Why is the Crusader transfer still ineligible until Jan? He enrolled last January and sat out the season?

Why is the Crusader transfer still ineligible until Jan? He enrolled last January and sat out the season?

That's an excellent question that even those fairly close to the program that I know have been unable to provide a clear answer to me on.....

The Dublin vs. Las Lomas game was high level for an early game. The guard play on both sides was exceptional. Sophomore Beasley and senior Nate Robinson had over 25 pts. Dublin won by 1.

That's an excellent question that even those fairly close to the program that I know have been unable to provide a clear answer to me on.....

If the player played basketball at previous school, then transferred in January without officially moving residences the 30 day sit rule applies.

The Dublin vs. Las Lomas game was high level for an early game. The guard play on both sides was exceptional. Sophomore Beasley and senior Nate Robinson had over 25 pts. Dublin won by 1.

Very good game. Dublin backcourt slight edge. High quality basketball.

Moreau Catholic beat St. Patrick-St. Vincent 64-54. Dallas Rider had 21 points, Amil Fields had 16 points and Leonard Turner had 14 for Moreau

Bishop O'Dowd beat De La Salle 75-57. Naseem Gaskin had 31 points to lead the Dragons

Apparently he applied to other city schools, none believing they could get him cleared. Looks like Riordan willing to take a chance. Anyone know what his last school he attended was? International kid than moved from midwest or east coast to attend Riordan? Is he living on campus part of the international program? I say let the kid play.

Not sure. Just saw the final score. I think DLS has always played them tough in this game so a large spread could mean a big year for BOD.

I was at the DLS game. O'Dowd looked pretty terrific. Even without Hawkins, they're still pretty big up front. Athletic, strong, fast guards with a ton of skill. Play together well, too. They should give mighty Fairfax a good run Saturday, maybe even pull off the upset.

DLS looks like will be an okay team at best, plays hard, competitive, all that... But they look short in the firepower/talent department. I'd say their biggest player might be 6'6", and a lot of guys in that 6-'2" to 6'3" range. I think they had one guy still playing football, but no idea how big or how good that guy might be. Ya never know, tho... Sparty started slow last year, yet made the NorCal Open semis where they gave Woodcreek and Jordan Brown a heck of a run. But I'd say off what I saw last night that they might have 8 to 10 losses by the time playoffs roll around.

I was at the DLS game. DLS looks like will be an okay team at best, plays hard, competitive, all that... But they look short in the firepower/talent department. I'd say their biggest player might be 6'6", and a lot of guys in that 6-'2" to 6'3" range. I think they had one guy still playing football, but no idea how big or how good that guy might be. Ya never know, tho... Sparty started slow last year, yet made the NorCal Open semis where they gave Woodcreek and Jordan Brown a heck of a run. But I'd say off what I saw last night that they might have 8 to 10 losses by the time playoffs roll around.

They will still be a major factor in the EBAL and NCS, even if they aren’t an Open team this year.

Yeah, they'll contend... I think they'll be around the top, just don't see 'em getting too far if/when they get to playoffs. At least I don't see it now... While last year's team started slow, one could see that they had potential firepower if they got it together (which they did!). This year, not quite so much.

Apparently he applied to other city schools, none believing they could get him cleared. Looks like Riordan willing to take a chance. Anyone know what his last school he attended was? International kid than moved from midwest or east coast to attend Riordan? Is he living on campus part of the international program? I say let the kid play.
He moved from the Midwest and played local AAU ball this summer and did well.
Riordan's history of transfers has been a roller coaster ride - you have the impact transfers like Chris Munk, Marquise Kately, John Tofi, Jorge Camacho, Chiefy Ugbaja and Eddie Stansberry. Then you have ones that played for a short time - Matt Straus, Bobby Arenas, Frankie Ferrari, the kid from Hungary and Karim Ndiaye. And one who never played in the Aussie kid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT