ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: De La Salle vs. Mater Dei

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
The Open Division game will cap the season in California. Wonder if DLS can stay with them long enough to make Mater Dei nervous

Reactions: coachlittle
JT Daniels to Amon-Ra St. Brown for 38 yards. Mater Dei leads 7-0 with 936 left Q1.

Daniels went 4-for-4 for 66 yards on the opening drive

De La Salle fumbles at its own 43 yard line and Mater Dei recovers. Turnovers doomed any chance the Spartans had last year too (6 vs. Bosco)

Mater Dei converts a 4th and 11 as Daniels finds St. Brown. Monarchs score two plays later to go up 14-0 with 533 left Q1.

Did the wind stop. MD scored 14 quick points what would have been against the wind

Ugly early. De La Salle can't handle a low snap on a punt and Mater Dei has the ball on De La Salle's 26 yard line.

Why are people posting scores of other games in this thread? There are other threads for that.

Mater Dei outgained DLS 152-3 in the first quarter. Have the ball in Spartans territory again

Tuli with the fumble recovery for De La Salle's first positive play of the night.

There isn't a high school team in the past decade that could cover those Mater Dei receivers especially with their QB who's mobile and can sling it. Maybe the best high school team I've seen.

If this game stays this one-sided this Mater Dei team is going to go down as one of the best high school teams of all time. Their resume speaks for itself - win over NJ state champ Bergen Catholic, win over Nevada state champ Bishop Gorman, win over NorCal champ De La Salle, undefeated in Trinity League, 6-0 vs National Top 25 opponents (SJB twice), and nearly every game was a blowout where they dropped around 50 points.

Kairee Robinson with a 3 yard TD run on 4th dive to get DLS on the board. Mater Dei leads 21-7 with 607 left in the half.

Spartans pooch a kick to the 25 yard line, ball hits the ground and they recover it.

Disaster. Luke O'Hara picks off a really bad throw and takes it 86 yards for a touchdown. 28-7 Mater Dei with 354 left in the half

Ahhhh haha FJ101,u kill me......lol.
Yeah, this guy posted it'll be a shocker if NorCal goes 9-3. Will they were very close to doing just that. 8-5 at the end of the day ain't bad and he needs to hear about that. I know it hurts him knowing the North whooped the south this year. Wasn't even close to be honest. It could have easily been 11-2. Respect has been earned if he wants to give it or not. Way to rep NorCal!!!

Semi fake punt with Stori goes over his head and Mater Dei has the ball on the six yard line,

Lot of unforced errors

And a new QB for DLS. For all the slings about them recruiting it seems they would have more talent at QB were that the case.

They look like a good, well coached Hs team. MD looks like a D1 college team. Men at every position.

Hey ararar, if MD wins this game I go 9-3 for the state games predictions. NorCal will be 8-5. What a shocker (lol). Fyi, the Junkie knows his stuff. Great job NorCal!!!!
So Junkie either you can't add or you didn't pick all the games . I'll pick the first choice

And a new QB for DLS. For all the slings about them recruiting it seems they would have more talent at QB were that the case.

They look like a good, well coached Hs team. MD looks like a D1 college team. Men at every position.

Spot on. Course MD would do that to any team. They are shockingly good.

This reminds me a little of the BG/DLS game earlier this season.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Robinson goes in from one yard out after catching a 27 yard screen pass. Mater Dei leads 31-14 with 0:17 left Q2.

DLS gets ball to start Q3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT