ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Folsom vs. Helix

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Coming into the weekend, I would have said this was NorCal's best chance to get a win. Folsom is aiming for its third state title since 2010

Ball bounces off Ngata's hands on a WR screen and #68 for Helix gets the INT. Helix ball on Folsom's 4 yard line

Isaiah Wooden (good speed) scores on a three yard TD run on a WR Sweep. 7-0 Helix with 959 left Q1

CJ Hutton has a 32 yard TD, but gets called back on linemen down field.

Bennett's running ability will stress Helix's defense

Folsom turns it over on downs. Helix ball on its own 27 yard line with 755 left Q1.

Wooden scores on the next play for a 73 yard TD catch. Vertical route down the left sideline.

14-0 Helix with 744 left Q1.

This Is the Folsom team everybody has prattled on about all week? They frankly look soft, all flash. Any talk of them being better or able to hang with DLS is comical. Not physical enough to hang with DLS. Win or lose here tonight they aren't ready for DLS

Elijah Badger makes the catch, a nice move and then off to the races for a 70 yard TD catch. Helix leads Folsom 14-7 with 721 left Q1.

This Is the Folsom team everybody has prattled on about all week? They frankly look soft, all flash. Any talk of them being better or able to hang with DLS is comical. Not physical enough to hang with DLS. Win or lose here tonight they aren't ready for DLS

No they don’t, 1 long play and bad turnover.....otherwise Folsom looks to be the faster team

4 yard punt for Helix gives Folsom the ball on its own 39 yard line.

Helix held the ball for 4:58 that last drive

Joe Ngata take a slant and goes 49 yards for a TD. Both TDs have come against Isaac Taylor-Stuart.

14-14 tie with 114 left in Q1.

Key against Folsom is making the open field tackle. Helix has missed a handful already

Folsom should be able to get a clearer knowledge of the enemy this 1st qtr and strategize well to stop Helix playmakers before its too late. Wake up and focus. That's right #10 do it!!!

Ok great. But even you don't see "physical" and they aren't going to finesse DLS and win

Helix looks to be a physical team on paper, and it’s Folsom pushing them around right now......like I said 9 out of 10 times I think DLS wins, but this DLS team not at a 100% on offense can’t win I feel by running the ball all game

Reactions: thekingera
Helix looks to be a physical team on paper, and it’s Folsom pushing them around right now......like I said 9 out of 10 times I think DLS wins, but this DLS team not at a 100% on offense can’t win I feel by running the ball all game

I didn't say I thought Helix was physical either. These teams are similar in approach. DLS beat both like a drum sorry. I tuned in to watch because all the chatter about this team and I'm not seeing.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Hutton with a 3 yard TD catch gives Folsom its first lead. Bulldogs up 21-14 with 906 left in Q2.

Outside of the long TD, Folsom has given up 32 yards.

Reactions: thekingera
Helix punts on 4-1 and its another short one. Folsom gets the ball on its own 38 yard line. 733 left in the half

#6 with a big INT defending Ngata down the sideline. Second turnover for Folsom.

Lets let Folsom play this game first before trying to figure out fictitious matchups

Nobody is saying they won't win. Talk all week has been do they deserve the open, best NorCal team, ready to beat DLS. I haven't seen the play so I stayed out of conversation. But they could win this game by 50 and I still wouldn't think they hang with DLS. DLS brings a physical brand to the game, Finesse team wilt under that pressure. This is a Finesse team

I didn't say I thought Helix was physical either. These teams are similar in approach. DLS beat both like a drum sorry. I tuned in to watch because all the chatter about this team and I'm not seeing.

All the chatter has come from a very small minority that appears to have biased opinions of Folsom. Majority on this board feels Folsom is good, but untested, so not nearly enough on them to make any real educated opinion on how they would do against the top dogs of CA.

Reactions: mrbig864
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT