ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Folsom vs. Helix

Scott with a 47 yard TD catch off play action. Huge score for Helix.

Folsom leads 28-21 with 1023 left Q3.

I know daisy chaining isn't a perfect science but Helix beat Herriman, UT 35-0 while #5 Nationally ranked Bingham, UT beat Herriman twice at 34-0 and 31-7. So, if Folsom beats Helix no one can tell me that they won't compete or beat Bingham. I'm not saying they'll beat Bingham but I am saying they would give them a game. And let me add that Bingham lead both games at the half @ 14-7 and 24-0 while Helix lead Herriman at the half 28-0.

Last edited:
Back Post New Thread

Game Thread: Folsom vs. Helix

< Prev
I think you skipped this post, Jimmy.
The Braves are already looking for them.
Why don’t you contact the Folsom coach to tell him which team you want them to play!
  1. eric sondheimer Retweeted

Bosco Football

@boscofootball

·
    5m

Friday, August 17th, 2018.....
    eric sondheimer
    @latsondheimer
    If anyone talks to the Folsom coach, tell him St. John Bosco would be happy to host them at their new stadium in 2018 if they're looking for a nonleague game.

Daniyel Ngata with a 2 yard TD run puts Folsom up 35-21 with 800 left Q3. Folsom goes 74 yards in 7 plays for its longest scoring drive of the night

Helix at Folsom's 25 yard line. Doing a good job of sticking to their strength of physical ground game and chew up clock

As soon as I type that, Helix fumbles and Hutton for Folsom recovers it. Folsom ball up 14 with 329 left in Q3

Don't know about that. Centennial played a closer game against IMG, #2 team in the country, than they did against SJB.

Helix ball on its own 18 yard line with 213 left Q3.

Folsom has had a lot of very good moments on offense, but also bouts of sluggishness

Helix almost has another fumble, but holds on and Taylor-Stuart eventually scores an 8 yard TD. 35-28 Folsom with 0:15 left Q3.

Folsom goes for it on 4th and 5 from its own 25 and Joe Ngata gets 6 yards.

Ngata is down on the field

Bennett to Hutton down the middle of the field for a 54 yard TD. Folsom leads Helix 42-28 with 1009 left in Q4. Very good ball from Bennett

Don't know about that. Centennial played a closer game against IMG, #2 team in the country, than they did against SJB.
The Centennial starting QB played in the game against IMG and missed the SJB game altogether.

Reactions: thekingera
Baker keeps it and goes 8 yards for the TD run. Folsom lead down to 7 at 42-35 with 616 left in Q4.

All of Helix's second half drives have gone at least 54 yards. Three touchdowns and a fumble.

Go back and watch that game. He was out in the first qtr with score 0-0.
I think SJB got much of its talk this year by reputation. They weren't nearly as good as last year. I watched their game against Orange Lutheran and they were not that impressive. They ended up running up the score at the end to make the win look better than it was, but it was tied in the 3rd quarter. They didn't look that good against Aquinas, either. I think the only reason they beat Centennial was because the Huskie's QB got hurt.

I think this Folsom team would do just fine against them. Mater Dei and Bishop Gorman are far superior teams to just about anyone else in California, though, but SJB was overrated, in my opinion.

The Centennial starting QB played in the game against IMG and missed the SJB game altogether.

Reactions: MonkeyAde
Bennett overthrows a 3rd and 5 pass, but defensive PI for Helix extends drive.

Nice win by Folsom but their defense won't be able to contain any of the top offenses in the state. The Helix turnovers really helped them this game.

Great game. I was surprised that Folsom was able to beat Helix up front. They beat them at the point of attack majority of the game. That Folsom offense is scary. I thought Helix had a good defense and they had no answer for the Folsom O. They totally exploited every available weakness that Helix presented. Impressive.

Reactions: feedback1
Great win folsom not cal 2-0. Sounded like helix really hurt themselves all game I could see these two teams scheduling a game next year

This Folsom team would win 0 out 10 games vs a healthy DLS squad.

This team isn’t playing DLS.

Folsom returns a TON next year. I believe they return at least 7, maybe 8 of their offensive starters, including all skill positions. By my count I think they return 5 starters on defense too.

This Is the Folsom team everybody has prattled on about all week? They frankly look soft, all flash. Any talk of them being better or able to hang with DLS is comical. Not physical enough to hang with DLS. Win or lose here tonight they aren't ready for DLS

“Game thread; Folsom vs. Helix”
I just wish the poor blokes that lacked reading comprehension skills could at least master the ability to start their own thread.

I think this Folsom team has bigger fish to fry next season.
Sounded like a even match to me neither team being elite Folsom proved they can beat so cal teams but I’m not sure if helix is a top 5-10 down there I seen the d1 bracket and it was a lot of nationally top 25 teams knocking each other off

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT