ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Folsom vs. Helix

Sounded like a even match to me neither team being elite Folsom proved they can beat so cal teams but I’m not sure if helix is a top 5-10 down there I seen the d1 bracket and it was a lot of nationally top 25 teams knocking each other off

Styles make fights and I can see this Folsom team running with a Centennial. I think Helix is top 10. Not sure about top 5 but they're right there. They're a good football team and Folsom sorta had their way with them. The score is closer than it was. Once Folsom went up 14 they played just to make sure Helix couldn't catch up.

Reactions: thekingera
Styles make fights and I can see this Folsom team running with a Centennial. I think Helix is top 10. Not sure about top 5 but they're right there. They're a good football team and Folsom sorta had their way with them. The score is closer than it was. Once Folsom went up 14 they played just to make sure Helix couldn't catch up.

The score was 49-42 folsom plays to blow you out based off streaks streaming sounded like helix had some costly mistakes that extended drives...great win for folsom let’s hope dls can break the true state title back to nor cal

Just waking up to see much of this thread from last night. What a game it was! Folsom taking out the #7 team in the state and arguably top 5-10 team in SoCal is no small feat, lead my mostly juniors. I put up my final write up on the game on it's own thread to give it better justice.

Anywho- great game by the Bulldogs and congrats!

Game wasn't as close as the score IMO. After falling down 0-14 largely due to the early pick 6, Folsom outscored Helix 49-28 over the next 3 1/2 quarters. And Helix scored really late to get one of those last 28.

With the exception of getting punched in the face early, just as their previous game against Central, they controlled the entire game. I never felt Helix had a real chance of winning. Folsom was usually up by 2 scores threatening to go up by 3 scores.

As I've been telling the guys on the National board for weeks, not many teams have 2 WR's like Folsom's. Big, strong, fast and they break tackles like nobody's business. Just ask Helix's 5 star CB.

I've seen enough of Joe Ngata now that I think he may have a higher ceiling than Amon-Ra St. Brown of Mater Dei. He's much bigger and stronger than Amon-Ra and as only a Junior, he could even take his game to another level next season. He reminds me of Jarvis Landry but with the size of Larry Fitzgerald. I'm completely sold on this kid.

As for Folsom's team on the whole, it's clearly their best since 2014. Real solid all around. If they improve on defense and the lines, they could become a real special team next season capable of competing at an elite level.

If the rumor of St. John Bosco seeking a game with them are true, PLEASE return that call and say YES.

If they improve on defense and the lines

This right here.That Defense was leaking oil the second half.The passing game was outstanding reminded me a lot of Centennial.The running game wasn’t that great.The QB had a good night running but not the RB.They have a real chance to be in the Open next year if they will schedule up

Reactions: ThunderRam
Game wasn't as close as the score IMO. After falling down 0-14 largely due to the early pick 6, Folsom outscored Helix 49-28 over the next 3 1/2 quarters. And Helix scored really late to get one of those last 28.

With the exception of getting punched in the face early, just as their previous game against Central, they controlled the entire game. I never felt Helix had a real chance of winning. Folsom was usually up by 2 scores threatening to go up by 3 scores.

As I've been telling the guys on the National board for weeks, not many teams have 2 WR's like Folsom's. Big, strong, fast and they break tackles like nobody's business. Just ask Helix's 5 star CB.

I've seen enough of Joe Ngata now that I think he may have a higher ceiling than Amon-Ra St. Brown of Mater Dei. He's much bigger and stronger than Amon-Ra and as only a Junior, he could even take his game to another level next season. He reminds me of Jarvis Landry but with the size of Larry Fitzgerald. I'm completely sold on this kid.

As for Folsom's team on the whole, it's clearly their best since 2014. Real solid all around. If they improve on defense and the lines, they could become a real special team next season capable of competing at an elite level.

If the rumor of St. John Bosco seeking a game with them are true, PLEASE return that call and say YES.
I agree about SJB. I hope they can make it work. That would be a dandy for us fans. What a way to open the 2018 season that would be.

I am also in agreement with ThunderRam about Folsom controlling the game despite getting punched early. Even with juniors, it didn't phase then. 28 unanswered points. You just can't teach that. I honestly felt Helix had more and better athletes as a whole. Not to say Folsom didn't have athletes, but they were smaller for sure. Folsom just had a better way of putting it together I guess. I can only imagine what that offense will look like next year- battled tested seniors, undefeated JV guys coming up. It could be scary! Look out!

Good luck to all the NorCal teams today!

I'm hearing Cen10 is talking Folsom as well. Oh Folsom, you are wanted like never before. If your preseason schedule doesn't look challenging next year you don't need a Open bid.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderRam
This right here.That Defense was leaking oil the second half.The passing game was outstanding reminded me a lot of Centennial.The running game wasn’t that great.The QB had a good night running but not the RB.They have a real chance to be in the Open next year if they will schedule up
I agree with you in the line play. The d line was out of gas in the second half for sure. They usually run the ball better, but I'm sure Helixs huge d line had some affect on that. Folsom made big plays when they needed to.

Helix almost had twice the amount of time of possession. But Folsom had more yardage and was more efficient with there offense. If Folsom didn't give up a few big plays and cut down the turnovers, that game could have been far worse as far as the score is concerned.

But I am in consensus with you on the line play. I stated in my thread this morning that this is the area they will need to improve on to beat a few of the big doggies. But, with all juniors coming back next year, it should be fun! Go NorCal!

Ngata reminds me a lot of a guy who dominated the fields back when I was in HS during the early 90's. Amani Toomer from DLS. It was a joy trying to contain him. Went on to have a great NFL career and was one of the best receivers to ever wear a Giants uniform. 6"4 with speed and athleticism. He also played hoops with the barry brothers back in the day when it was cool to throw on the high tops or baseball cleats even if you played another sport. Toomer in this era would have had ridiculous numbers.

Ngata reminds me a lot of a guy who dominated the fields back when I was in HS during the early 90's. Amani Toomer from DLS. It was a joy trying to contain him. Went on to have a great NFL career and was one of the best receivers to ever wear a Giants uniform. 6"4 with speed and athleticism. He also played hoops with the barry brothers back in the day when it was cool to throw on the high tops or baseball cleats even if you played another sport. Toomer in this era would have had ridiculous numbers.
Larry do you remember the play last night where it took like 6 Helix defenders to take Ngata down!? It was ridiculous how strong he is! And that match up with their all American corner was too fun to watch.

I agree with you in the line play. The d line was out of gas in the second half for sure. They usually run the ball better, but I'm sure Helixs huge d line had some affect on that. Folsom made big plays when they needed to.

Helix almost had twice the amount of time of possession. But Folsom had more yardage and was more efficient with there offense. If Folsom didn't give up a few big plays and cut down the turnovers, that game could have been far worse as far as the score is concerned.

But I am in consensus with you on the line play. I stated in my thread this morning that this is the area they will need to improve on to beat a few of the big doggies. But, with all juniors coming back next year, it should be fun! Go NorCal!
Helix was also playing 7 in the box most of the night, making running hard. OLine did well IMO, allowing 0 sacks, and very few pressures. Folsom’s pass protection has been stellar this year, their run blocking isn’t the physical man on man type you see at grant or DLS, but Folsom did a great job blocking the faster, more athletic backers and running complicated schemes. Which is what they’re good at. It’s like Washington vs Stanford

Reactions: thekingera
This would be a great game, SJB looks like it's returning all of their skill players on offense and most of their defense.

Agreed. I'd certainly pick SJB to win, but I'd like to see how close Folsom could keep the score. They've got to experience being in over their head to find out just how much they might be able to raise the level of their game when pushed to the absolutely limit.

Reactions: sarpar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT