ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pittsburg vs. Narbonne

#55 Bandes is an absolute beast for Pitt. He is going to pick up another dozen offers after this beat down. What a baller.

Kind of a poor man's Eddie Vanderdoes. Not quite as big, but the size/quickness combo makes him real tough to square up

Aaron Magee with a 7 yard TD catch on fourth down to give Narbonne its first lead of the game. It leads Pitt 22-21 with 825 left Q4 after a failed two point conversion

35 yard FG attempt by Pittsburg is short, but a roughing the kicker keeps the ball with Pittsburg

Now a 4th and goal from the 19, Pitt takes a DOG. Then Narbonne takes an offsides penalty. Pitt sets up for a 36 yard FG for Miguel Romo, who was injured on the last attempt.

Bobbled hold and Narbonne returns it for a TD. Flags on the field

Academy award goes to the Pitt kicker. That was embarrassing. Kid shouldn't be allowed to return. If I'm his parents I'm pulling off my jersey. That was terrible. Even announcers making fun.

Reactions: thekingera
TD holds. Logan Taylor with a 74 yard return to put Narbonne up 28-21 with 423 left. Two personal fouls by Narbonne makes the two point conversion from the 33 yard line.

Crazy sequence!

Pitt offense just painful to watch. Good team but both of these teams inferior to Helix and Folsom.
Agreed. I don't care about daisy chain scoring from Socal. From what I saw from helix yesterday, they would beat both these teams by two TDs or more.

Yeah I'm not impressed. Good speed and great athletes but don't do anything great.
Lets talk about the kicker more. Did you see him run after the guy on the muffed snap? Looked fine to me. What a crock.... I'm actually sort of pissed off about it. The other coach came out.
Pitt is toast.

That scoop and score was justice for that acting job. The Pitt offense went mia. No quick hitting plays, nothing.

I do hope Narbonne gets hit with a bit of Karma for that flip in the end zone. Dude thought he was MJD or something.

Chatman picks up 27 yards on 3rd and 8.

Pittsburg has 167 total yards. 27 yards in the second half with -16 in the fourth quarter

INT #5 for Narbonne and that's it. Narbonne will win its second state title in three years with a 28-21 win over Pittsburg. Gauchos overcame a 21 point deficit.

Reactions: jimmyzr1
Good game. Pitt had their chances. If their offense was just a bit more efficient.
That’s the bottom line. And oh boy was it cold out there!

I can’t imagine a scenario Pitt doesn’t return to this game next season. That defense was really good. I feel bad for their defensive coaches. Pittsburg had a lot of chances. Good season though.

Boyd and backs were banged up in the game, but did play late in the game.

Narbonne just grinded Pittsburg down as the game went on.Narbonne was the much more physical team in the second half

Narbonne just grinded Pittsburg down as the game went on.Narbonne was the much more physical team in the second half
That’s debatable really. Pittsburg had the ball in the red zone twice. Not to mention their defense held Narbonne to six points in the 3rd when Narbonne has the wind at their back.

That’s debatable really. Pittsburg had the ball in the red zone twice. Not to mention their defense held Narbonne to six points in the 3rd when Narbonne has the wind at their back.

It’s not debatable.They got pushed backwards both times because their line was getting run over.so they only held them to 6 when they had the wind and 12 when didn’t.why was that?

For all of those NorCal boosters and unbiased observers as well, would it be fair to state that we underestimated Narbonne?

Paraclete beat Helix by 17 and was destroyed by Narbonne 56-14.

That game was played in early Sept. around 3 1/2 months ago. Helix isn't the same team.

How many examples need to be cited to show how something like this just doesn't matter or even add up?

Reactions: bella123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT