ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Serra-Cajon

Huge kickoff return from Malakai Rango (72 yards) to set up a first and goal from the 3 yard line. Pooch kick gone wrong

How does Cajon QB not get called for bloody left arm and mouthpiece not in place? Just wondering.

Serra holds on fourth down by a yard and gets the ball on Cajon's 45 yard line with 120 left Q3. Second time Padres have held on downs

Serra at 202 rushing yards through three quarters. Coker running well in addition to Kendrick

Kendrick scores from a yard out to put Serra up on Cajon 28-14 with 1123 left in Q4. Third touchdown for Kendrick.

Serra has run 16 straight running plays since the INT.

[QUOTE="FootballJunkie101, post: 185132, member: 7505"]So Serra is going to just give the game away. Can't put this on the Refs. They're playing like they haven't been there before. Oh wait, they haven't.[/QUOTE]

Junkie what R U talking about?? Both teams have turn-overs mistakes and most by Cajon.
Serra is playing terrific despite a lot of injuries.

And if you are going to go for it, throw a route that goes beyond the marker

@Rmbr, I know the Padres have a lot of injuries but it seems as if they're giving the game away. I'm not there and don't have spectrum services so I could be taking Streaks post the wrong way. Not putting the Padre's down it just seems as if they are playing bad and giving the game to Cajon. NorCal needs this win because the pairings are too close for comfort.

@Rmbr, I know the Padres have a lot of injuries but it seems as if they're giving the game away. I'm not there and don't have spectrum services so I could be taking Streaks post the wrong way. Not putting the Padre's down it just seems as if they are playing bad and giving the game to Cajon. NorCal needs this win because the pairings are too close for comfort.
Serra is in a good position

39 yard FG for Serra makes it 31-14 with 608 left in Q4. Hard to see Cajon coming back now

39 Yard FG good....31-14 Pads 6:08 Q4 Cajon will have to take more risks. Serra may get some more if they can cause a turnover.

Serra is dominating a solid SS champion. Folks went against me when I said this Serra team would beat Pitt in a rematch prior to Mafi's injury. I still believe that. This team is well coached and the players are for real. Congrat's Padre's!!! From your biggest supporter this year that has no ties to your program.

"The Junkie"

Serra is much more physical and it showed in the red zone on offense and defense.Cajon moved the ball well between the 20’s but when the field got short they couldn’t run the ball

Serra is dominating a solid SS champion. Folks went against me when I said this Serra team would beat Pitt in a rematch prior to Mafi's injury. I still believe that. This team is well coached and the players are for real. Congrat's Padre's!!! From your biggest supporter this year that has no ties to your program.

"The Junkie"

Not sure I’ve seen anything that would indicate that Serra is better than Pitt. Serra hasn’t played anybody since the preseason. I am glad they won, but it helps when you play down.

School record 13 wins for Serra and school's first title. Also first title for the WCAL after losing in their first six collective tries.

"Junkie" didn't realize you were not able to watch the game, so your interpretation from Streak1's posts could have been slanted a bit. I will say that the last play of 1rst 1/2 cut to 14-7 and I about lost it when Serra fumbled at the 1-yard line with Cajon taking it 99-yards to tie score.

In the end Serra was the better team and Serra's coach Walsh was by far the better coach IMO.
Cajon's trash talking and penalties just killed that team. Serra did what I said they'd have to do several different posts: contain the Cajon QB and limit the 6'8 WR which Serra did for most part and Cajon had no clue as to stopping the double-wing. Serra did not pass much with the run game clicking and Kendricks and Coker were superb. Lahlouh & Nunn were all over the field on defense.

The state's top scoring team held to 14 points when they averaged almost 50 - Yeah Serra!

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Cajon looked like they never played anyone who runs the Wing-T. They looked lost and confused on defense. Good game Padres!

Not sure I’ve seen anything that would indicate that Serra is better than Pitt. Serra hasn’t played anybody since the preseason. I am glad they won, but it helps when you play done.

I'd say right now you're clearly in the minority.

Not sure I’ve seen anything that would indicate that Serra is better than Pitt. Serra hasn’t played anybody since the preseason. I am glad they won, but it helps when you play down.
I guess Valley Christian (twice), St. Francis (twice), an undefeated Tulare, and one-loss Cajon don't count as anybody.

By that logic, the only "somebody" that Pitt played since Serra beat them by 17.

Reactions: WCAL75
Cajon looked like they never played anyone who runs the Wing-T. They looked lost and confused on defense. Good game Padres!
The only SoCal team that I can recall ever running that offense in the last decade or so is Tustin, who tends to play in a lower division. They truly had not likely ever seen it before.

It's not the wing t..at least not the Delaware style. Maybe a version of the Iowa wing t, but called the "Cox Box".

It's not the wing t..at least not the Delaware style. Maybe a version of the Iowa wing t, but called the "Cox Box".
What Serra runs in their double tight end double wing set was actually developed by Don Markham and made famous by his Bloomington High School team that set the state record for scoring in 1994. That record stood until just a couple years ago. Did you go to Golden Sierra or play them, Cox Box is not a term I have ever heard outside of a very small coaching circle? Terry Cox got it from Markham and added his own twist. Here's a little known fact: Markham never coached in the wing-t his invention comes out of the power offenses of the 70's.

On another note Half Moon Bay also runs the Markham double wing to near perfection.

Yeah, in fact now Pitt looks a lot prettier with Serra's state title win..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT