ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: St. Francis vs. Grace Brethren

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
2-A game will start at 12:00 PM. Lancers looking to keep NorCal undefeated on the weekend.

I'm looking forward to watching another WCAL defense. They seem to be the only league around who puts a premium on defensive play anymore.

Freshman Seven McGee goes 43 yards for the TD to give Grace Brethren a 7-0 leads with 641 left Q1. Grace went 74 yards in 7 plays (all running)

St Francis not setting the edges and seems GB line took it to St Francis on the series. Poor positioning and tackling. That GB RB doesn't play like a freshman. St Francis had better get into the game.

St. Francis punts on its first two drives. Getting beat up front, which has been their strength

19 of 22 total plays that quarter were running plays. Grace leads 7-0 end Q1. Lancers have the ball on its own 37 yard line

Maurice Wilmer isn't playing for St. Francis.

Anyone know the reason?

St. Francis turns it over at midfield with 1008 left in Q2.

Lancers have 41 total yards

Grace punts into the wind and it goes three yards (blocked).

Lancers get the ball at Grace's 31 yard line

Vettel to Williams for a 29 yard TD pass. Good pass and catch. St. Francis leads 8-7 with 719 left Q2 after converting on a fake PAT.

Reactions: concrete17
Grace goes for it on 4th and 1 from its own 29 and gets stuffed. #11 blew up the play

Fangupo scores on a 1 yard dive to give St. Francis a 15-7 leads with 357 left in the first half. 26 yard run from Page set up the score.

72 yard TD pass to Jermel Jones, who was wide open in the middle of the field on a post route. Huge breakdown for St. Francis.

Fake PAT (had a guy wide open) leaves it with a 15-13 lead for St. Francis with 229 left in the half

St. Francis having some success on play action pass, but gaining less than three yards per run play

St. Francis leads Grace Brethren 15-13 at halftime. Grace outgained the Lancers 162-109

I saw that as well. Calcagno got away with a very bad decsion. Better to be lucky than good sometimes
It was clarified at half....SF had to kick it over and they actually tried for one on the second try but holder decided to go for two. Fortunately they made it.

Yeah that was a weird series. Did they explain why they had to kick again? Now way in that wind you risk a snap and kick again

Going into the wind:

St. Francis Q1: 12 plays for 23 yards
Grace Q2: 12 plays for 92 yards (72 on TD pass)

SF needs to open it up a little to make GB defense honest. Why not throw on 1st down? Never a fan of Calcagno's offenses. Always great defense, but offensive play calling is so boring.

Grace runs a fake punt on 4th and 5 from St. Francis' 43 yard line and picks up 6.

Special teams is playing a huge factor

Fehoko with a TFL on 4th down to force a turnover on downs for Grace.

St. Francis ball on its own 35 yard line with 235 left Q3.

St. Francis leads 15-13 end !3. They will have the ball on Grace's 27 yard line to start Q4.

On 4th and 3 from the 8 yard line, St. Francis throws a corner fade and its complete. They ran it on 3rd and 5.

Grace ball with 755 left and down 15-13

If Lancers lose it will because of unoriginality on offense. I know Vetel can run. Why not play action bootleg? Or even on 3rd down if they were going to go on 4th. So predictable.

If Lancers lose it will because of unoriginality on offense. I know Vetel can run. Why not play action bootleg? Or even on 3rd down if they were going to go on 4th. So predictable.
Vetel not a good runner, I agree the offense is completely unoriginal though. I hope they get more inventive like Serra next season if they ever want to beat included in same company as the Pittsburg's, DLS and Folsoms of the world.

Vetel can get 5 yards. I know he isn't a dual threat but they all know when Page is in it is going to him 95% of the time and pretty much between tackles and GB has 8 in the box. Vetel is a good thrower - accurate. They have players that can catch the ball.

Pakola with a big sack to force the ball back to the two yard line on 3rd and 5. 24 yard punt.

St. Francis ball on Grace's 26 yard line

No Wilmer for SF this game is huge. That guy is their best receiver and was on a roll with Vetel in passing game over the last several games. He's also their best and most physical DB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT