Heritage
Cal High
Miramonte
St. Joe's
Mission San Jose
Amador Valley
Miramonte
Carondelet

How are we supposed to know your personal list and who you left off? You have some teams I have no interest in seeing and left off some teams I personally want to see, but we do have some very similar teams in mind

Sounds like your only interested in the East Bay and South Bay area teams. Is that your only geographical area?

What about North Coast and Sacramento - San Joaquin Valley?

Don't leave Campolindo off... Haley Van Dyke, committed to U of Washington, is tearing it up for a shorthanded team (some sort of eligibility issues or something), roster of only eight players... The stats up so far show she's averaging 25 ppg and 20 rpg.

Reactions: NorCalScout
Van Dyke is out with a sprained ankle. Tough start to the year for Campo coming off the NorCal title run last season

Van Dyke is out with a sprained ankle. Tough start to the year for Campo coming off the NorCal title run last season

That's not good to hear as Haley provides about 6 of the 12 cylinder engine they run on. And they were already thin. Hopefully Haley has a very mild sprain and will be back soon.

I didn't hear about Haley's injury and would have found out when I went to tonight's game at El Cerrito... But as I just found out, that game was *last* night. So I would have just been PO'd. if I'd shown up at an empty gym tonight. :)

(btw, they beat previously undefeated EC 58-43 without Haley, showing that have some power in those other 6 cylinders...)

They may have been just being extra-careful and holding Haley out to make sure she's good-to-go at the Tarkanian Classic next week, but whether that's true or not hopefully Haley will back on the court soon.

Reactions: Paytc
Rumor has it she won't be making the trip, but ankles can heal quickly.

Yes, I am mainly an East Bay guy for girls but will travel for both to see great teams play. I have seen Mitty & SI play but I live and mainly watch East Bay hoops. Campo is on my list, I have always like there program and I hope they finally knock off Miramonte!

As previously mentioned in another post, unfortunately before the start of the season, 2 Campolindo starting Senior players left the team to pursue other interests. A potential starting transfer player which I think got caught up in NCS transfer rules violations is now playing for another team in the Acalanes School District. Campo is now down to 8 players on the roster. Regarding Haley, she sprained her ankle earlier this week in practice. Doctor says 3 to 4 weeks, but she wants to get back on the court much sooner than that time frame. As of yesterday, she was not going to make the trip with the team to Vegas. Also of note, the game scheduled this Friday night against Salesian was cancelled and will be played at a later date when there is an opening in both of the team’s schedules. These unfortunate one after another turn of events over the past couple of months has been very disappointing for the team.

Reactions: NorCalScout
I didn't hear about Haley's injury and would have found out when I went to tonight's game at El Cerrito... But as I just found out, that game was *last* night. So I would have just been PO'd. if I'd shown up at an empty gym tonight. :)

(btw, they beat previously undefeated EC 58-43 without Haley, showing that have some power in those other 6 cylinders...)

They may have been just being extra-careful and holding Haley out to make sure she's good-to-go at the Tarkanian Classic next week, but whether that's true or not hopefully Haley will back on the court soon.

Hey 6 cylinder engines run just fine.:D:) You don't always need the extra added power of the 12cylinder but it helps to have it when you need it. Hopefully the team continues to hold it down until the other 6 cylinders returns. Glad to hear it is a very mild sprain.

As previously mentioned in another post, unfortunately before the start of the season, 2 Campolindo starting Senior players left the team to pursue other interests. A potential starting transfer player which I think got caught up in NCS transfer rules violations is now playing for another team in the Acalanes School District. Campo is now down to 8 players on the roster. Regarding Haley, she sprained her ankle earlier this week in practice. Doctor says 3 to 4 weeks, but she wants to get back on the court much sooner than that time frame. As of yesterday, she was not going to make the trip with the team to Vegas. Also of note, the game scheduled this Friday night against Salesian was cancelled and will be played at a later date when there is an opening in both of the team’s schedules. These unfortunate one after another turn of events over the past couple of months has been very disappointing for the team.
That is amazing to hear that Campolindo cancelled a game because their best player was out with a sprained ankle.
Everyone is always talking about how Kelly is always ducking the competetion with his scheduling, this goes beyond that.
Be the way DelValle we know you are good buddies with Coach Thoms,why don't you tell the whole story behind the shortage of players on the Campolindo team?

That is amazing to hear that Campolindo cancelled a game because their best player was out with a sprained ankle.
Everyone is always talking about how Kelly is always ducking the competetion with his scheduling, this goes beyond that.
Be the way DelValle we know you are good buddies with Coach Thoms,why don't you tell the whole story behind the shortage of players on the Campolindo team?
Let's hear it!

Everyone is always talking about how Kelly is always ducking the competetion with his scheduling

everybody? always? you can count them (him?) on one hand without using all the fingers. you can guess which finger I use.

Last edited:
Miramonte played at Eastside College Prep Monday ... not Mitty, but far from an easy game.

everybody? always? you can count them (him?) on one hand without using all the fingers.
OK let me rephrase that:
Sometimes it is mentioned that some coaches avoid tough games by setting up easy schedules..
But my point wasn't about Kelly but about coach Thoms who avoided what might be his toughest game of the season because his best player was hurt. Seem like if you schedule a game you play the game. Injuries happen to both teams but the game should still be played.
I also noticed that Campo switched brackets in the Las Vegas tournament they are playing in this week by going from the top bracket to the bottom bracket.

any coach who pads his/her team's record faces Judgement Day anyway--the state tournament, particularly with the new division assignments based on competitive equity. in fact, padding your record can only earn you an early exit via high division assignment. I'm with you on not cancelling because of a single injury, but we don't know the exact reasons for the move. the poster mentioned that the game was to be played at a later date, which would probably be a better playing experience for both teams. wouldn't be surprised if Salesian's coach was in favor.

Last edited:
any coach who pads his/her team's record faces Judgement Day anyway--the state tournament, particularly with the new division assignments based on competitive equity. in fact, padding your record can only earn you an early exit via high division assignment. I'm with you on not cancelling because of a single injury, but we don't know the exact reasons for the move. the poster mentioned that the game was to be played at a later date, which would probably be a better playing experience for both teams. wouldn't be surprised if Salesian's coach was in favor.

Mkbgdns,

I think you are probably correct with your assumption. Word has it the Salesian coach is a standup guy and understood Campo’s situation and was open to reschedule the game at a later date. Right or wrong, I don’t think it really matters at this point. I think Campo just wants give Salesian a more competitive game with a full complement of players.

bbscoutnow,

Do not have any more information than what was stated in the prior post, but given your comments its seems you might know more on this subject. Please enlighten us.

Tarkanian Classic starts today in Las Vegas. Campo is in a pretty good bracket, but lots of NorCal teams -- SJND, Mt. Eden, Roseville, Vanden. Odd matchup in first round: SJND and Mt. Eden travel 550 miles to play an opponent from 15 miles away.

Top bracket has Carondelet (playing two games Thursday), Maryknoll from HI, Post Falls from ID, Southwest DeKalb from GA and Liberty from NV. The winner will have made an intersectional case for a national ranking.

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/94598/tarkanian-classic-girls/schedule

Tarkanian Classic starts today in Las Vegas. Campo is in a pretty good bracket, but lots of NorCal teams -- SJND, Mt. Eden, Roseville, Vanden. Odd matchup in first round: SJND and Mt. Eden travel 550 miles to play an opponent from 15 miles away.

Top bracket has Carondelet (playing two games Thursday), Maryknoll from HI, Post Falls from ID, Southwest DeKalb from GA and Liberty from NV. The winner will have made an intersectional case for a national ranking.

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/94598/tarkanian-classic-girls/schedule

Clay,

Will the Tarkanian Classic Tournament games be available online live streaming? I see with a little work the games are streaming online so no need to respond.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT