ADVERTISEMENT

Good one tonight at DLS…

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
O’Dowd travels to Winton Ave, to take on the Spartans, a battle between two rivals from the old Catholic Athletc League days.

The Dragons did everything right down the stretch to grab a win in the freshmen game, and right no it’s 29-27 Dragons st start the 4th quarter of the JV game.

Anyway…. The Dragos’ varsity squad sits at 1-2 after a blowout win over San Leandro and close losses to Salesian and Mitty.

DLS is 3-1, also having a loss to Salesian, by 7 points.

Should be a heck of a game!

Np, I’m not there…. NFHS is helping me out. Speaking of NFHS, it seems like there has been some improvement in the automatic Pixellot camera. Software update, maybe? Still not great by any means, but watchable…

JV game now down to 2:34 left…. Dragons lead 33-32, Spartans have the rock.

right at 7pm, the JV broadcast goes off air.

Varsity broadacst not going yet. That’s what I get for praising NFHS…

Well.. finally got the “your event will begin momentarily” screen…. Wonder who won the JV game??

Now we have video! Varsity’s warming up…

No sound as of yet…

Welcome to the Marcel Marceau Edition of De La Salle vs. Bishop O’Dowd basketball!

Reactions: concrete17
Four possessions, no made baskets thus far…. DLS at the line for 1 and 1…. Miss. Not too pretty a start for either team.

Quarter ends 7-6 Dragons after a nice Bunch swat stops the Dragons’ last effort.

Offenses gettong smacked by the defenses in general here…

Soon as I type that Sparty scores. 13-10,

Foul on a Dragons missed putback, 2 FT’s go. 15-10. 5:24 left.

Dragon 3-ball…. 18-10.

Nifty inside dish, another Dragons score…. 20-10. Spartans take TO to try and stop the bleeding…

4:20 left.

Sparty 3-ball…. 20-13.

Sparty gets a stop, but turns it over, fouls to stop a fast break. Dragon ball, 3:12 left, 20-13.

Spartan’s #3 fouled, FT’s coming…. Bingo…. Ding. 20-15.

After a couple offensive boards…. Dragon 3. 23-15.

Finally, Bunch hits a 3… 23-18. 1:20 left…

Dragons turnover. Bunch drives, is fouled. To the stripe for two. First good… 2nd also. 23-10. Under a minute to go…

Now 39.8 left, Dragons time out.

12 on the shot clock…. They can’t get off a shot.

Spartans ball, 28 left…. Drive…. and score! Couldn’t see who it was…. Dragons desperation heave at the buzzer, no go. 23-22 Dragons at the half.

would be nice to get some sound on the video…

Bunch with a 3 to open 2nd-half scoring… Spartans by 2. Dragons turn it back over…

Nice post move by Sparty #3…. 27-23.

3ball by the Dragons…. the bank is open!

Sparty comes right back with a score…. 29-26 DLS.

Dragons score inside…

NIce backdoor by Sparty. 31-28 DLS.

5:22 left.. Dragons fouled, FT’s split. 31-29.

Dragins score on a putback to knot it up at 31.

4:13 left 3rd…

Dragons hit a 3. They get a stp… Inside dish for 2 more. 36-31 Dragons.

Dragons fouled on a putback…. First FT missed, 2nd goes. 37-31.

TREMENDOUS swat by Davis! Busted up a fast break try…

Dragons get it inside and score…. Steal and drive for 2 more…. Time Out Spartans. 41-31, game threatening to get away.

Bunch for 3…. 41-34. Rebound Sparty…. Bunch tries another, no good. 40 seconds left. #14 Spartans… 3 ball! 41-37.

NIce fake and drive to the hoop by a Dragon…. Quarter end 43-37 Dragons.

Sparty corner 3, good… 43-40.

6:42 left…. Nice pass from Lewis inside to get a Dragon score. 45-40.

Bunch with a midranger…. 45-42, 4:43 left.

4 minute mark….

Dragons #5 drives, is fouled. No FT’s yet…. Spartans race downcourt, but get called for a charge on a drive. Still 45-42.

Foul, #3 of the Dragons 1 and 1. First goes, lane violation on 2nd (I think).

After a Sparty turnover, a tremndous Sparty swat, leads to a midrange score by S[arty #14. Ans another Sparty score ties it up…. Time out, 2:20 left, down to the wire we go….

Back… 1:12 left now, and suddenly we have sound…. Dragons with ball and 48-46 lead.

They somehow let Bunch get a shot off… and he TIES IT UP! 48 all, 14.1 left, Dragons have the rock.

Dragons get off a wing jumper… Nope, Sparty rebound…. We have…. Wait for it…

FREE BASKETBALL!

Corner 3 by the Dragons… 51-48.

Sparty drive by Anders, scores… 51-50.

Lewis drive for the Dragons, earns a pair of FT’s…. First good…. Second also. 53-50.

Bunch drives, bench think he was fouled, ref didn’t. Dragons ball…. Edwards drives, hacked, scores…. 55-50. FT good, a minute to go…

Bunch 3 misses, Washington putback…. 56-52. MY internet freezes up again, nice timing…

And that’s all I got. Final score was 60-52 Dragons.
👎 Not a like for the final score but kiddMAN you ARE the man👍 of game play by play. To think we pay $10.95 to NFHS for gutter streaming. Better to send the bucket ducats to you and just subscribe to your game narrative....... more Yes and less Stress. Gracias Señor 🙏(hi - 5) not praying hands.

To be fair, my internet problems were not caused by NFHS. I think our cable modem's in need of replacement.

As I mentioned up there, I have noticed somewhat improved quality on NFHS from previous years. Not even close to what sites like NorCal Sports TV do, but at least NFHS is passable, and a little bit more often.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT