ADVERTISEMENT

Great to be back!!!

RLS13

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2016
Yesterday I was able to take in my first football experience since November of 2019 as I went to watch some of Carmel vs Monterey in 7v7. My child did not participate in Carmel's 2 game spring season last year, (Monterey did not even field a team), so it was great to finally see some football. Players running around the field, coaches yelling encouragement (and some discouragement),about 25-30 fans in the stand, it is getting me amped for the first games at the end of August!

As far as the play on the field: Sloppy. Monterey was the clear winner as they were a lot more athletic than Carmel. But lots of dropped passes (mostly Carmel), timing was way off, basically what you would expect from 2 teams only practicing for about a week or so. Monterey was able to go deep, their QB1 has a nice arm especially on deep routs, but he was a little off on some shorter routes. Carmel looks to be in rebuild, their QB1 look to be quick and make good reads, not sure of his arm strength. I know Carmel was missing some kids due to injury and vacation, not sure if Monterey had all their best out.

I do know it was great to be back in a stadium watching live football even if it was 7v7. Cant wait for the end of August!!!

DLS will have 2 games played
before the they Play Saint Francis. Who will have no games played. . Someone
needs to start playng,and syncing these teams with other sections.

Reactions: concrete17
Rancho San Juan is a new school. This spring, playing in the Salinas City League, they got beat up pretty bad in their first year of varsity. They did not score a touchdown in their 4 games. They should be a bit more competitive as they will be playing in the "B-" Cyprus division of the PCAL. But probably only 1-2 league wins.

Their schedule on Max Preps says they play both St Francis of Mt View (Lancers) and St Francis of Watsonville (Sharks) the same weekend. I hope it is not the Lancers as that match up would not be good for either side.

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Rancho San Juan is a new school. This spring, playing in the Salinas City League, they got beet up pretty bad in their first year of varsity. They did not score a touchdown in their 4 games. They should be a bit more competitive as they will be playing in the "B-" Cyprus division of the PCAL. But probably only 1-2 league wins.

Their schedule on Max Preps says they play both St Francis of Mt View (Lancers) and St Francis of Watsonville (Sharks) the same weekend. I hope it is not the Lancers as that match up would not be good for either side.
Possibly a split squad double header?

Reactions: RLS13
The Lancers are also playing Central Catholic of Modesto on Friday August 27.

Other than DLS a pretty easy schedule. Not sure why? Maybe Calcagno can bring the milk and cookies

The Lancers are also playing Central Catholic of Modesto on Friday August 27.

Other than DLS a pretty easy schedule. Not sure why? Maybe Calcagno can bring the milk and cookies

I was a bit too harsh on the Lancers and coach Calcagno. I understand what he is doing. Because of the pandemic he has scheduled teams that will allow Saint Francis to get up to speed before league games start. Playing DLS should be an interesting game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT