ADVERTISEMENT

HMB’s Historic Season

I love HS prep puffers, especially after this last year when HS student/athletes faced isolation from the norm.

But isn’t this article getting in front of their skies? I remember a former State Champion coach being at HMB and reaching these same heights.

Their was a legendary coach at Washington HS in San Francisco (Coach McGraf sp?) one of his favorite manta was…”Act like you been here before”.

C’mom HMB…you have😳

Reactions: BadBucks
It is a very positive piece, but I don't think it is out of line. Theme for the story IMO is this is one of the best teams Half Moon Bay has had, which I think is accurate.

And that statement is true and doens't take away from some of the other top teams Half Moon Bay have had.

I love HS prep puffers, especially after this last year when HS student/athletes faced isolation from the norm.

But isn’t this article getting in front of their skies? I remember a former State Champion coach being at HMB and reaching these same heights.

Their was a legendary coach at Washington HS in San Francisco (Coach McGraf sp?) one of his favorite manta was…”Act like you been here before”.

C’mom HMB…you have😳
Fair point. I will say this though, (as a fan who’s been watching Half Moon Bay for the last 10+ years) this team was the only team that truly reached its potential. Not a single guy over 6’4” on the roster, won the high school’s first open division playoff game, beat 4 WCAL’s, the list goes on…

No one doubts that Forslund brought this program to new territories (parsons will tell you that to your face) during his tenure. But lets recognize what this team accomplished. Remember, they recruit from a school of about 200 kids and that’s it ;). The Cinderella stories will always be more fun to boast about!

Huge props to this years HMB team. My nephew who plays for Jeff said HMB's squad has basically been together since middle school. Consistency, unselfishness and team play goes a long way.....

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT