ADVERTISEMENT

HS Players taken in the MLB Draft

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Round 2: Osiris Johnson SS Encinal (Miami Marlins)

Round 6: Cameron Barstad C Serra (Miami Marlins)

Round 9: Dominic Pipkin RHP Pinole Valley (Philadelphia Phillies)

Round 19: Ian Villers RHP Northgate (San Diego Padres)

Round 22: Jason Brandow OF Vintage (Pittsburgh Pirates)

Round 26: Tyler Mortensen LHP Davis (San Diego Padres)

Round 32: Ryan Holgate OF Davis (Minnesota Twins)

Round 37: AJ Miller 1B Casa Grande (Oakland A's)

Round 38: Brett Hansen LHP Foothill (San Francisco Giants)

Round 40: Sam Stoutenborough RHP Palma (Los Angeles Angels)

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see which guys sign and which guys to go college. I'm thinking Johnson and Barstad sign for sure, but Pipkin in 9th round -- they probably wasted that pick. I think he will go to Cal and come out as a millionaire in 3 years. The rest go to school too -- unless any of them really hate school!

Sam Stoutenborough is going to Cal. Recruited by former Palma/Stanford player Cal HC at the time David Esquer who recently moved to HC position at Stanford. I used to play some ball with Esquer who is a few years younger who was in my brothers class is a good friend of his.

Cal is going to have a ridiculous amount of pitching talent in the freshman class next year. Of course they can't all get innings and there are good guys already on the squad so it'll be interesting to see how that shakes out. It's also going to be interesting to see who steps up for the offense, as they lost a ton of talent to the draft. I thought this would be their year to break through and get into the tournament. I was wrong, but I hope they gel next year so that Andrew Vaughn can play in the postseason before he goes into the draft.

Sounds like Dominic Pipkin will forgo Cal and sign with the Phillies

Well dang, I guess that was wishful thinking on my part, while knowing in the back of my head that clubs don't spend 9th round picks on guys they do not expect to sign. I hope he gets more than 9th round money though.

Absolutely Quaffer! Spencer Torkelson (another sonoma county kid) was all american as true fresh for ASU and I think he was 2nd in nation in Homers. Pretty good ball players coming-out of that zone.

Reactions: CityVibesII
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT