ADVERTISEMENT

ISAIAH RUTHERFORD to Folsom?

Leopold10

Sports Fanatic
Oct 2, 2013
Heard through the rumor mill that Jesuit DB ISAIAH RUTHERFORD is transferring to Folsom? Is there any validity to this?

A couple weeks ago, a reliable source told me that the Rutherford's have purchased a home in Folsom and Isiah is transferring to Folsom. I figured this would come to light at some point. I guess we'll see what happens.

I guess he saw they were playing DLS and probably in line for another state title. I would think its a football motivated transfer.. because you can live in Folsom and still go to jesuit.

I guess he saw they were playing DLS and probably in line for another state title. I would think its a football motivated transfer.. because you can live in Folsom and still go to jesuit.

If the family actually moves, it will be hard to prove a strictly football motivated transfer, even though it's not hard to see.

If true, it would give Folsom a legit two-way impact guy. Goodness the talent level at the outside positions and QB is really impressive.

Last edited:
The athletically motivated, I wanna play for a championship, I don't like my school, I wanna play elsewhere whatever was changed by CIF. The undue influence ( coach recruited me , parents recruited me is the only stumbling block) If the family moved he will be eligible immediately.

The athletically motivated, I wanna play for a championship, I don't like my school, I wanna play elsewhere whatever was changed by CIF. The undue influence ( coach recruited me , parents recruited me is the only stumbling block) If the family moved he will be eligible immediately.

Good catch H.E.A.T.

The “undue influence” is hardly EVER enforced in NCS, if ever.

If the family moved he will be eligible immediately.

I was gonna ask about his eligibility coming from a private to a public. Glad to hear he will be eligible immediately.

That week 0 game against DLS got even more interesting. I thought Folsom had a great chance to compete and possibly win beforehand. If true, this tips the scales more in Folsom’s favor. Rutherford is another blue chip, 2 way player.

IMO, with the skill talent Folsom has, DLS can only win on the lines and with coaching — something they’ve managed to do many times in the past. But make no mistake, Folsom will be more talented at the skill positions.

Last edited:
He lived in Natomas and commuted to Jesuit, thats about a 45 min drive... come on man. It will be interesting if the players that left come back to their home school because their ride has moved schools.

i agree @thekingera if they moved to Folsom it is legit. The only thing that could be fishy is if he had any contact with Folsom coaches prior to the move which then motivated the switch. Even then I am not sure what the rules are. But if you pay for 3 years at Jesuit ...I am sure you can afford his senior year. To me he just wanted to win a state title so he bounced his Jesuit teammates. Only other time I can think of a big name player transferring from a private school to a public was Reggie McKenzie Jr. Leaving DLS for Clayton. And even though he lived in Clayton he couldn't play. So who knows they may not let him play if they feel he was motivated by the wrong reasons.

i agree @thekingera if they moved to Folsom it is legit. The only thing that could be fishy is if he had any contact with Folsom coaches prior to the move which then motivated the switch. Even then I am not sure what the rules are. But if you pay for 3 years at Jesuit ...I am sure you can afford his senior year. To me he just wanted to win a state title so he bounced his Jesuit teammates. Only other time I can think of a big name player transferring from a private school to a public was Reggie McKenzie Jr. Leaving DLS for Clayton. And even though he lived in Clayton he couldn't play. So who knows they may not let him play if they feel he was motivated by the wrong reasons.
Tough to say as I do not know the family personally. I just know that he is a good player.

Due to the amount of calls that the CIF got for the Ngata brothers, we can all rest assure that this will be looked into and cleared. That's for sure. I highly doubt we will ever hear anything of the sort.

I look forward to some great foorball.

He lived in Natomas and commuted to Jesuit, thats about a 45 min drive... come on man. It will be interesting if the players that left come back to their home school because their ride has moved schools.

Did u just say it’s a 45 min drive from natomas to Jesuit? Literally 20 tops.

Reactions: thekingera
Only other time I can think of a big name player transferring from a private school to a public was Reggie McKenzie Jr. Leaving DLS for Clayton. And even though he lived in Clayton he couldn't play. So who knows they may not let him play if they feel he was motivated by the wrong reasons.

Difference there, IMO, is McKenzie’s issues with the football program and camps was well chronicled. And he didn’t move.

Rutherford, on the other hand, has what insurance folks refer to as a ‘qualifying’ event. His family moved clear across town.

I don’t know his family’s financial situation, but I’m guessing finances could be cited as an issue too, as perhaps they had to cut spending in order to afford their new home. It’s certainly possible.

Even if the reasons are athletically motivated, a confirmed move is certainly a qualifying event.

You don’t attend Jesuit and think you are going to win a state title then all of sudden leave because you want to win a state title if his family moved to folsom then so be it but again with all the transfers folsom has had it just crazy that people still don’t think folsom coaches has anything to do with it it’s always the “parents moved to folsom” or folsom has more transferee out then in but the ones that transfer in are top of the line. It would not shock me to see some beef transfer into folsom too...as it stands now all of
Folsoms skill position players are transfers

Reactions: RidgeRider
You don’t attend Jesuit and think you are going to win a state title then all of sudden leave because you want to win a state title if his family moved to folsom then so be it but again with all the transfers folsom has had it just crazy that people still don’t think folsom coaches has anything to do with it it’s always the “parents moved to folsom” or folsom has more transferee out then in but the ones that transfer in are top of the line. It would not shock me to see some beef transfer into folsom too...as it stands now all of
Folsoms skill position players are transfers
Every prominent program has transfers. This is the reality of HS football now. Every legit program that Folsom competes against either is Private or has transfers. This is the new landscape.

Everyone who attend Folsom lives in Folsom, thus satisfying any rules of eligibility. You would see the same thing occurring if schools like Elk Grove, Sheldon, or even Del Oro was having the kind of success that Folsom has over the last decade or so.

The whole "transfers" argument was relevant 10 years ago. But now things are so different. This is the new normal. In the public system, they have to abide by the rules.

I'm happy the family was able to get a house! Its a tough market up here. Good for them.

Every prominent program has transfers. This is the reality of HS football now. Every legit program that Folsom competes against either is Private or has transfers. This is the new landscape.

Everyone who attend Folsom lives in Folsom, thus satisfying any rules of eligibility. You would see the same thing occurring if schools like Elk Grove, Sheldon, or even Del Oro was having the kind of success that Folsom has over the last decade or so.

The whole "transfers" argument was relevant 10 years ago. But now things are so different. This is the new normal. In the public system, they have to abide by the rules.

I'm happy the family was able to get a house! Its a tough market up here. Good for them.

I’m well aware of the landscape of top hs programs. Folsom has the same advantage over other public schools just as the private school has these days. 2 years later we finally got the story about the Reno express before the article is was almost a myth about folsom having players from Reno...5 years later we find out that Williams transfered from davis...countless transfers from Elk Grove/sac...I’m rooting for folsom and I just wouldn’t be shocked to see if other players move to folsom in the near future

Has anybody even confirmed that he has left Jesuit?
GUYS...I sure hate seeing players play musical chairs, going from one school to the other to be noticed...And there is no telling how many more are on the move...One or two players can change the fortunes of most teams or destroy them...Moving into the school dist. is one thing, but this is the wave of today and the future....Its all about ME...

Jesuit gives....and Jesuit taketh (http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article201235424.html)

Let’s not use the commute as an example. (Travel time to Jesuit is pretty much a wash from Natomas OR Folsom to Jesuit). Hey if the family moved, for whatever the reason, sounds good to go. While he hasn’t committed yet, the kid has got a fullride offered from Bama, ND and most PAC 12s, so it’s not about that. Let’s just hope Folsom can take advantage of all these superstars moving into town at the same time. :)

No that's why the freshman team went like 1-10.
ALSO KINGERA you said " Everyone who attend Folsom lives in Folsom this satisfying eligibility . Give it a rest. We all know that's not the case. Your star receiver who has a brother playing basketball at Burbank lives in South Sac
I stand by what I said. If there is any wrong doing I would encourage anyone and everyone to contact the CIF immediately.

Can't wait til the season starts!

Last edited:
Does Folsom still have Open Enrollment?
Yes and no. They have open enrollment school choice. There are some restrictions and priority is given to kids in district who want to attend a school outside their zone. Outside district kids get last priority and there must be room for them at the gaining school. It's not a typical open enrollment per say, and that is going into effect this year.

Kids attending last year or right now must reside in Folsom to attend Folsom.

Due to the national attention and exposure the school is getting for the upcoming season, it doesn't surprise me one bit in regards to the interest for players wanting to play there. If you build it they will come.

Folsom has reversed course with open enrollment. Apply from out of district as a frosh and you may attend. Approval from exiting school and acceptance at new school required...No move needed....Back to the old ways....

Reactions: RidgeRider
You guys are debating a rumor as if it were a fact. And then you are assigning motivation to a rumor. How about waiting to see if it is actually true? Has anyone seen him on the Folsom campus?

The Folsom-Cordova school district (not the high school) has modified their enrollment policy to allow students from outside the district to attend one of their high schools. Vista is excluded from the policy as they are over their max enrollment.

You guys are debating a rumor as if it were a fact. And then you are assigning motivation to a rumor. How about waiting to see if it is actually true? Has anyone seen him on the Folsom campus?

The Folsom-Cordova school district (not the high school) has modified their enrollment policy to allow students from outside the district to attend one of their high schools. Vista is excluded from the policy as they are over their max enrollment.
Interestingly enough, Folsom was also at max capacity as of the last few years. I am wondering if projections had changed?

Did anybody think to check about his lil brother that plays on the BBall team? He was mentioned about being a key cog for their playoff run in yesterday's paper.
His brother is a freshman at Jesuit and has played in all 25 games as of late. Isaih is also listed on the team but has only played one game.

So that leaves which school to enroll in????
Schools don't make the rules..The District does.....
Like I said, back to the old ways.....

If anyone is even able to get into Folsom via this policy, I'd get in now. They are building enough homes for 25k plus new residents in the coming years with new schools far off in the distance.

This open policy won't last long as one school is already at capacity. The other is not far behind. My guess 1 year naybe.

That leaves Cordova High School and Folsom High School. My point is that this is a policy more aimed at increasing the enrollment at Cordova, not necessarily Folsom. You have to think beyond student-athletes to the broader student population.

It is not a free-for-all. From the district website:

Inter-district Transfers

An Inter-district transfer agreement is for parents/guardians who wish to register their student(s) at a school outside of their resident district.

If you wish to come into the Folsom Cordova Unified School District

You will need to obtain an approved Inter-district transfer from your district of residence. Please include a copy of your child’s current report card/transcript, attendance, discipline and IEP (if applicable). Once it is received by our office, it will be reviewed and approved or denied based on space available as well as the terms and conditions specified by the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE).

That leaves Cordova High School and Folsom High School. My point is that this is a policy more aimed at increasing the enrollment at Cordova, not necessarily Folsom. You have to think beyond student-athletes to the broader student population.

Inter-district Transfers

An Inter-district transfer agreement is for parents/guardians who wish to register their student(s) at a school outside of their resident district.

You will need to obtain an approved Inter-district transfer from your district of residence. Please include a copy of your child’s current report card/transcript, attendance, discipline and IEP (if applicable). Once it is received by our office, it will be reviewed and approved or denied based on space available as well as the terms and conditions specified by the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE).
Spot on. The notion of a free for all open enrollment transfer policy is a completely false narrative.

There is a reason why these people are moving there and not just applying for the school choice program.

Inter-district Transfers

I already stated what you have posted.
Lets be real here....I have a choice, I can enroll my child at Brand new, acclaimed Folsom OR enroll at an aging run down facility that has had numerous issues and declining athletics.....Face it Dova isn't the Dova of old and never will be again.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT