ADVERTISEMENT

ISAIAH RUTHERFORD to Folsom?

This gets a little more complicated. Is the younger brother who plays varsity basketball leaving as well? He's only a fresh?
Also does anybody believe the parents were paying the full tuition at Jesuit? I don't. And their parents won't have to pay a dime for college so spare me the saving $ saga. That doesn't jive. Leaving Natomas to buy a house in Folsom is a big upgrade on the money side. A smart one if you ask me. The spread just favored folsom. This is a kid with a bama offer!

Last edited:
This board has a history of breaking news (McKenzie transferring, the DLS-Folsom matchup) so I won't say this is wrong, but is it too soon to talk about the transfer as a certainty?

Agreed Streak. Easy to jump on this as truth with the recent DLS v Folsom breaking news being true as well.
Personally, I think the timing of this seems “off”... I’m sure if there is truth to it, we will hear soon

This "board' is rarely in the wrong about this stuff. Multiple sources reporting..... Makes all the sense in the world as well.

I think the timing is is strange. But I say let him play. See if the 49ers will let you barrow Jimmy G. For the night. Who cares. It seems every time DLS agrees to play someone they all of a sudden get some quality transfers. As long as they have the same defense I saw play Helix, were good. You won't hear one excuse out of me.

I think the timing is is strange. But I say let him play. See if the 49ers will let you barrow Jimmy G. For the night. Who cares. It seems every time DLS agrees to play someone they all of a sudden get some quality transfers. As long as they have the same defense I saw play Helix, were good. You won't hear one excuse out of me.
What was your handle prior to losing your pw?

I can confirm the rumor is true.

It is still a rumor. Whether the rumor proves to be true or false is to be seen. But this is still a rumor until he enrolls at Folsom. And it may be partially true - maybe the family is moving to Folsom, but the kids will still attend Jesuit. We will see.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan

Who cares? Well clearly you do.

Reactions: thekingera
The silver lining in this discussion is that a top ranked public school now knows that a great program attracts great players, and all the recruiting talk nonsense with private schools can finally be put to rest.

Totally agree with you HATCHBALL. That recruiting nonsense ended a long time ago with open enrollment and all the transfers going on in both public and private. It actually makes people look really dumb when they say DLS recruits or another private. Funny how the best teams in SJS all all public schools. Basketball- Sheldon, Football- Folsom, Baseball- Elk Grove. If Jesuit is recruiting they aint doing a great job of it!

Totally agree with you HATCHBALL. That recruiting nonsense ended a long time ago with open enrollment and all the transfers going on in both public and private. It actually makes people look really dumb when they say DLS recruits or another private. Funny how the best teams in SJS all all public schools. Basketball- Sheldon, Football- Folsom, Baseball- Elk Grove. If Jesuit is recruiting they aint doing a great job of it!

Jesuit's problem is the lack of a FRI night stage. If they had that, they'd attract more student-athletes for football.

The Sacto area is a bit of an outlier as publics have historically ruled the area. But that's not the case everywhere and certainly not the case in SoCal.

Jesuit is the only large private in the area. You gotta go down to Stockton to find another. Otherwise it's small school privates only. In the Bay, the WCAL has ruled the landscape for how long? Throw Cardinal Newman into that mix too.

I think we all know and agree that winning and success recruits on its own. But it's naive IMO to say that privates don't have advantages over publics for the most part. That's why it's far more common to see sustained success at a private school than it is at a public. You can't do what DLS has done in football or St. Mary's has in girls basketball at a public.

Jesuit's problem is the lack of a FRI night stage. If they had that, they'd attract more student-athletes for football.

The Sacto area is a bit of an outlier as publics have historically ruled the area. But that's not the case everywhere and certainly not the case in SoCal.

Jesuit is the only large private in the area. You gotta go down to Stockton to find another. Otherwise it's small school privates only. In the Bay, the WCAL has ruled the landscape for how long? Throw Cardinal Newman into that mix too.

I think we all know and agree that winning and success recruits on its own. But it's naive IMO to say that privates don't have advantages over publics for the most part. That's why it's far more common to see sustained success at a private school than it is at a public. You can't do what DLS has done in football or St. Mary's has in girls basketball at a public.

The player in question just tweeted emphatically that he is not going to folsom. So you clowns who have made 80 posts about this have absolutely no clue about anything.

The player in question just tweeted emphatically that he is not going to folsom. So you clowns who have made 80 posts about this have absolutely no clue about anything.

Thanks vukz.......... I was just about ready to drive around the MacArthur Maze with one end of the garden hose jammed in my car's tail pipe and the other end jammed in driver side window, wearing my faded Go Spartan jacket while listening to Mary Hopkins sing her signatory "Those were the Days My Friend" .
But now my resolve has been restored. Gracias

Thanks vukz.......... I was just about ready to drive around the MacArthur Maze with one end of the garden hose jammed in my car's tail pipe and the other end jammed in driver side window, wearing my faded Go Spartan jacket while listening to Mary Hopkins sing her signatory "Those were the Days My Friend" .
But now my resolve has been restored. Gracias
Are you basically saying who cares?

Are you basically saying who cares?
Naaah...... each progressive post sounded like the alternating 2 notes from the Jaws soundtrack and then the rumor.....,that Rutherford was transfering to Folsom brought the image of Roy Schreider telling Captain Quint "I think we need a bigger boat"
Then vukz let the air out of a rapidly inflating balloon.....

The guy referring to people as clowns shouldn't be quoting someone that didn't start the thread or say that he knew this was happening at all.

If you're gonna call someone out, make sure you do it to the right person and have a clue yourself.

Last edited:
I always said Jesuit not getting lights was a big issue. Who wants to see a 1pm saturday game... I think when I was a kid my dad took me to a few of those at Buckshaw stadium to watch Santa Clara against St Mary's.

But thunder I think years ago the private argument was legit. Not so much today. Lets be honest though... Some of the public schools like Whitney, Granite bay, OR, Folsom, etc are equally as good athletically as a private, have better facilities, and academically are as good. (keep in mind I went to catholic schools growing up so you are hearing it from a different angle) Stockton has so many other issues as a community that St Mary's advantage isn't just from the sports side. Who in there right mind would send kids to a public school in that city if they had means not to do so? Did I offend somebody? Don't care. Its reality.

I always said Jesuit not getting lights was a big issue. Who wants to see a 1pm saturday game... I think when I was a kid my dad took me to a few of those at Buckshaw stadium to watch Santa Clara against St Mary's.

But thunder I think years ago the private argument was legit. Not so much today. Lets be honest though... Some of the public schools like Whitney, Granite bay, OR, Folsom, etc are equally as good athletically as a private, have better facilities, and academically are as good. (keep in mind I went to catholic schools growing up so you are hearing it from a different angle) Stockton has so many other issues as a community that St Mary's advantage isn't just from the sports side. Who in there right mind would send kids to a public school in that city if they had means not to do so? Did I offend somebody? Don't care. Its reality.
Right on Larry. I agree with what you and thunder said about the public school landscape in the SJS section. I believe it is one of the only sections in all of CA, NOT dominated by privates.

That, and the public schools are nicer and just as good academically like you said. Its a special place we have.

Publics in the Sjs overall are very nice. Elk Grove school district is well respected as well.

Right on Larry. I agree with what you and thunder said about the public school landscape in the SJS section. I believe it is one of the only sections in all of CA, NOT dominated by privates.

That, and the public schools are nicer and just as good academically like you said. Its a special place we have.
Central Catholic 12 or 13 section championships pretty dominated

Again crappy areas and schools like stockton, Modesto, parts of san jose, etc will always have strong private schools. Plus the tradition of winning at CC recruits kids alone.

Reactions: thekingera
Again crappy areas and schools like stockton, Modesto, parts of san jose, etc will always have strong private schools. Plus the tradition of winning at CC recruits kids alone.
Funny how the best places to live now all have great public schools.

The Northern Section has few privates, and they don't dominate.

The parents purchased a house in Folsom. If they want to take advantage of the public schools there to save 14k a year on tuition, that is their right. If the football thing works out for him, then so be it.

I am happy for him. This is obviously something that is positive for him and that is what matters.
According to the tweet, they are not interested in saving 14K.....so much for all that nonsense...

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Kids have a right to privacy....unless they’re 19 year old seniors.
At one time NCP decorum was to infer who the player was, without using a name. The OP, feeling kids are softies today and presumably he is not, should man up and redact this thread title and add HIS name; “I, [name] am on the record of this transfer...” Right?

It’s HS FB... not life savings riding on red at Vegas.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT