ADVERTISEMENT

Jabari Bird excelling in the g-league

nickdakoolkat04

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 10, 2004
Just happened to come across some of Jabari’s highlights from the g-league. He’s been up and down from the Celtics to the Maine Red Claws. It seems as though he’s found an aggressiveness that he never really showed at cal. Not sure if it was the injuries or trying to just fit in, but he’s been much more assertive.

Hopefully he can carve out a spot in the league in the next few years

Good stuff. Always liked this guy. Too bad there not more people in the stands. That middle one must have been played at 3:00 AM during a driving snowstorm.

I think he will find a spot on a roster (NBA). I've always liked his game. Seems like a great person as well and has size to be a good spot up shooter.

technically he's on an NBA roster. He has a two-way contract with the Celtics (first year for these), essentially expanding an NBA teams roster from 15 to 17 guys. He can go back & forth between NBA and G-league team and gets paid much more than standard G-league contract.

Twitter- How much does a guy like Bird make on a deal like that? I gotta think its decent money especially if you can come up to the Celts and stay for an extended period of time.

Twitter- How much does a guy like Bird make on a deal like that? I gotta think its decent money especially if you can come up to the Celts and stay for an extended period of time.
He makes about 75k as a base and the NBA minimum about 4k per game when he's called up to the Celtics max 45 games (180k max. So his max would be 255k

I think he's already been with the Celtics for about 5 games so additional 20k so far

He makes about 75k as a base and the NBA minimum about 4k per game when he's called up to the Celtics max 45 games (180k max. So his max would be 255k

I think he's already been with the Celtics for about 5 games so additional 20k so far

He had a weird career at cal struggled with injuries and IMO never looked confident. He has very good size and shoots the ball well he could definitely find a niche in the league and put together a long career.

I heard the announcer say that one of those games was not open to the public which is odd

That would explain the severe lack of spectators. I know the G league isn’t selling out everywhere, but was shocked to see almost no one in the stands in that video.

Quick minor correction on 2-way contract, it's 45 days with NBA team, doesn't necessarily mean games only. He was with the team for at least a week+ early in the year and those days were actually before the G-league season started so technically don't count towards 45 day cap, so potential to earn more still.

He had a weird career at cal struggled with injuries and IMO never looked confident. He has very good size and shoots the ball well he could definitely find a niche in the league and put together a long career.

Agreed he would go through stretches at cal where he would look strong and confident then he’d get hurt. But sometimes it seemed as though coaching was in his head (all speculation) college coaches are all about preaching the team game, and he always seemed content with just fitting in. But when you’re trying to make a name in the nba you gotta be a standout stud. Seems like he’s trying to be more of the ladder now, he’s got the size and the shooting abilities hopefully he can keep improving.

Reactions: coachlittle
Just happened to come across some of Jabari’s highlights from the g-league. He’s been up and down from the Celtics to the Maine Red Claws. It seems as though he’s found an aggressiveness that he never really showed at cal. Not sure if it was the injuries or trying to just fit in, but he’s been much more assertive.

Hopefully he can carve out a spot in the league in the next few years

gonna have to ball out to make the celt's roster (I Never understand some of ainge's moves). either way pro ball is pro ball . good for him .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT