ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Goff

Am I on the wrong thread brotha I didn't see anything about Browning anywhere
Why aren't we talking about Sam Darnold!? Trojans finest babby

Hence the trying to set something up and hoping. Didnt happen so now he isn't posting in this thread anymore or atleast under the same profile.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
The thread was started on Friday. Wasn't the USC/UW game on Saturday? Tough to predict a performance a day in advance. Go Trojans! Just glad we finally have a Qb for the foreseeable future baby
I knew Rodney Pete and Folsom Bulldog were the same person!

I knew Rodney Pete and Folsom Bulldog were the same person!
Huh? You boyz are bizarre on here. I better stick to my metro league before I get in trouble haha. I aint no detective but the OP started the thread on Friday and ya'all accused him of something that aint occured yet. Wrong?

Last edited:
Fisher didn't get Air McNair in there full time until his third year I believe. Vince Young had a winning record for Fisher and Fisher hated him. Fisher wanted Cutler I believe. Fisher played Collins for the first few years when Collins was terrible and Young was winning games. Collins did go on a run one year and Vince did give Fisher reasons not to play him.

Best case for Goff is riding this season out. I guess he gets to go live this Sunday though against a pretty good defense.

I watched 3 Rams pre season games and Goff had some bone headed plays but also made some throws that were legit. When Goff wasn't throwing it to the other team his receivers were dropping the ball. I think most of the skill players for the Rams were hurt then so it's not like he was throwing to some legit talent. He won't be throwing to any elite WRs this week when they're at full strength.

If Goff doesn't turn over the ball I can see them winning some games. The D is pretty good. Goff just needs to keep the D off the field and let them lead the way.

Rams have 31st worst offense. Keenum has the fourth-worst QB rating (76.8) - his career rating is around 78.....basically history tells us the Ram's O isn't gonna get much better! "Do we have another QB?" Yeah coach, kid named Goff. "Well, get him in there".

Goff's numbers looked just like Case Keenum numbers. In fact a casual fan would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Goff's numbers looked just like Case Keenum numbers. In fact a casual fan would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Except that Keenum has been a multi year starter with much more experience and this Geoff's first starts, oh not a single turnover which is very different from Keenum

Keenum has 24 starts over 5 years that's not a lot. I'm not endorsing either guy I wouldn't want either on my team. But it's not like Keenum is mark Sanchez. I just pointing out the people who were questioning the rams reasoning and calling Keenum a known bust. He himself hasn't played much.

Overall I thought Goff was pretty darn good. I mean the leash didn't go past 5 or 6 yards so it's hard to really judge. I just really think that I was wrong and they have a long term plan to bring him along slowly. Nothing wrong with that I reckon. He clearly has all of the tools. If they surround him with a nice O-line and some skill position talent he will be just fine. I hope the young man excels.

I had to bump the thread because yesterday was the icing on the cake. Three busts under Fisher made the NFC playoffs and one won Super Bowl MVP. It was Fisher all along.

This was definitely a good thread to recap history on Goff. Looking back at the different thoughts from a year ago. Slick 58, your right regarding Fisher. The right coach and a few new players make a huge difference. I think the new coach had the biggest impact on the Rams O situation. Goff showed what he has his whole career, great QB play. The Rams look like contenders for some time to come.

I wonder how many really good QBs are out there that could be top notch that are just in the wrong system, with the wrong coach, on the wrong team?
Makes you wonder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT