ADVERTISEMENT

Jesuit Tourney

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
I watched the last 2 games.
St Mary's vs St Joes-

St Mary's won 56-41 and was never really threatened. They jumped all over the Pilots 19-4 to start. I like Bryce Johnson game a lot. 6"6-6"7 kid who plays both facing up and back to basket. Handles the ball well and can extend the floor. St Mary's is solid. Will be a tough out. ST Joes is very young. Not sure they have a senior. They play hard but nobody does anything really well. In a year or so they will be strong.

Jesuit vs Brophy Prep for the champ.

Brophy is one of the top tier Arizona teams and it showed. They ended winning by about 10 and Jesuit was really down all night trying to catch them. Brophy was a better version of Jesuit. Jesuit is playing without Elias King however. (out until Jan). Scary how good the 2 freshman from Jesuit will be. (Isa Silva and Branden Rutherford). Jesuit is much improved and will be one of the best teams in the sac area come Jan. They play a lot of guys. Almost too many. #22 Dominic Wall and #10 Chris King all played well. I don't see any D1 guys on this team though out side of Elias. (football yes). Chris King is a D2 kid and Jake Virga D2-D3.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
FYI, St. Joe's has one senior... Cameron Ba, their best outside threat and ball handler.

I know the Pilots schedule big to make up for the weakness in the BCL (Actually, they have always scheduled tough, even before they joined that league), but they *really* did it to themselves this year. This tourney, the MC Holiday Hoops tourney, O'Dowd on Jan 13... TOUGH non-league slate! But what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger... Whether they end up in d5 or d4, they'll be a tough out in the playoffs if they survive...

When I first saw this year's schedule, I thought that they must have a super-stud freshman or a bunch of monster transfers or something, but nope... Just one guy (a soph) transferring in from St. Mary's of Albany.

Kiddman32- They got down big against St Mary's and never recovered. St Mary's will go as far as Johnson can take them. The pilots have an asian kid at guard who can shoot it pretty well. Hit a few nice 3's. The big kid (campos) underneath is about 6"4 and plays tough. Has some nice moves and can get to the bucket. They will be fine in D4 or D5. Well coached as always. Had a kid about 6"2-6'3 in sweats that looked like a baller but must have been hurt. Not sure who that kid was.

I would say Sheldon is still favorite in the Delta but Jesuit will be right there especially when Elias King comes back in Jan. Jesuit has a chance to win that league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT