ADVERTISEMENT

Jordon Brookshire

Yeah didn't see anything. This will go down as Scooby Wright 2.0! Big miss. I don't think he is an elite QB, but defiantly a top caliber athlete and has a good future as a SS/FS

I've been saying it for 3 years (broken record). But the player he reminds me most of at this stage (HS and athlete prototype) was just named GM of the 49ers.

Reactions: Bshire1 and Paloma
Not much love given for NBL players. Brookshire plays in the SFL up in Sac and he would have had multiple offers. The kid was a legit Norcal POY candidate. I don't get it but if he goes to JC and adds 15lbs to his 6"2-6'3 205 frame he can be a big safety or LB in college. Typical under recruited kid out of Newman who will excel in college.

Reactions: bella123
Not much love given for NBL players. Brookshire plays in the SFL up in Sac and he would have had multiple offers. The kid was a legit Norcal POY candidate. I don't get it but if he goes to JC and adds 15lbs to his 6"2-6'3 205 frame he can be a big safety or LB in college. Typical under recruited kid out of Newman who will excel in college.
I would agree. Folsom had a QB that didn't even play this year and got a scholarship to San Jose State. Recruiters generally don't flock up north like that. But from what I hear the kid should play somewhere and rightfully so.

I would agree. Folsom had a QB that didn't even play this year and got a scholarship to San Jose State. Recruiters generally don't flock up north like that. But from what I hear the kid should play somewhere and rightfully so.

EBAL kids and I'm sure there are others must also overcome the assumption from recruiters that they are soft and spoiled.

I'm pretty sure Brookshire did have some offers that he passed on. (Air Force, New Mexico, maybe another one or 2). He's too good not to play somewhere.

Who was the folsom kid? I don't recall that.

I'm pretty sure Brookshire did have some offers that he passed on. (Air Force, New Mexico, maybe another one or 2). He's too good not to play somewhere.

Who was the folsom kid? I don't recall that.
Evan Michalet. He got hurt at the beginning of the year. He was projected to be the starter at one point.

Folsom had a QB that didn't even play this year and got a scholarship to San Jose State.

I think its fair to say that Folsom High School gets visits from college programs more than its fair share. But its not like their second string QB got a QB ride after sitting for a year. The Folsom kid you mention was offered based on his exhibited DB skills while a Rocklin High School and he projects as a DB from what I understand. That observation is important because, while college coaches attend Folsom's practices, they have not recruited all of the Folsom quarterbacks all the time over the years. The college recruiters like size and still think they can 'coach up' the size if they offer it. So, its not like you can be a second string QB at Folsom and expect to get any love from the college coaches.

(While that is the way of the world, you have to wonder if that's such a successful strategy....e.g., did you watch Colorado and Utah play this season? Big college QB's who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with any consistency whatsoever. I think both of those college QBs would have played defensive end at Folsom High School for their exceptional lack of QB skill.)

I think its fair to say that Folsom High School gets visits from college programs more than its fair share. But its not like their second string QB got a QB ride after sitting for a year. The Folsom kid you mention was offered based on his exhibited DB skills while a Rocklin High School and he projects as a DB from what I understand. That observation is important because, while college coaches attend Folsom's practices, they have not recruited all of the Folsom quarterbacks all the time over the years. The college recruiters like size and still think they can 'coach up' the size if they offer it. So, its not like you can be a second string QB at Folsom and expect to get any love from the college coaches.

(While that is the way of the world, you have to wonder if that's such a successful strategy....e.g., did you watch Colorado and Utah play this season? Big college QB's who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with any consistency whatsoever. I think both of those college QBs would have played defensive end at Folsom High School for their exceptional lack of QB skill.)
I'd love some big athletic QBs to play defensive end!

I'd love some big athletic QBs to play defensive end!

LOL...I guess I was pretty darned amazed on more than one occasion watching some college games last year! The big quarterbacks attract the attention of the defensive coaches every year only to, so often, not be played both ways because there's someone better on D or fear of injuring the QB. For the QB that likes to drill people as well as throw/run, it's disappointing I think. Those guys get hit while playing QB. They often like to get a little revenge by playing some defense.

Last edited:
New Mexico offered him per Scout and they verify that information. He might not have an offer from a school he wants to attend and might be going another route until he gets an offer from one he wants to attend. I'm also wondering what his grades are like as far as if that could be an reason. He has the athleticism of a D1 player and seems to be a no brainer at least at a Mt West type school. I thought he looked pretty good as a QB as well.

Reactions: Bshire1
Norcalsportsfan- I think you are 100% correct. I'm pretty sure its about what school he wants to attend. Might not be a bad idea to hit SRJC for a year and go that route. Newman had several kids sign offers with the likes of Humboldt State and S.Oregon U. Good D2 schools that match those kids abilities. But Brookshire is a different beast.

Norcalsportsfan- I think you are 100% correct. I'm pretty sure its about what school he wants to attend. Might not be a bad idea to hit SRJC for a year and go that route. Newman had several kids sign offers with the likes of Humboldt State and S.Oregon U. Good D2 schools that match those kids abilities. But Brookshire is a different beast.

Yes he could go the Scott Ware path. Worked out well for him.

Mt West is not Power 5, but it's not so far behind, so it's a little odd to me that a kid would rather take a shot at the JC route than accept one of those offers. But admittedly I know nothing about NM, and the AF Academy life is not for everyone, though it's an outstanding school.

Mt West is not Power 5, but it's not so far behind, so it's a little odd to me that a kid would rather take a shot at the JC route than accept one of those offers. But admittedly I know nothing about NM, and the AF Academy life is not for everyone, though it's an outstanding school.

I see top Mt West teams like Boise State, San Diego State and possibly Wyoming as comparable to lower end power 5 teams like Oregon State, Washington State, etc....I see higher end FCS teams as comparable to lower end Mt West teams like Reno, NM, UNLV, Colorado State, etc

Reactions: Robholt63
Wouldn't call Wazzu lower end P5 since Mike Leach has been there

EWU has beaten or lost closely in all their games to P5 opponents, The Pirate has had them with playing good football last few years

I'm glad Baldwin is gone. Actually, prior to last year Colorado and Wazzu were bottom tier both are improved.

Last edited:
Incorrect Wazzu was even better in 2015 than 2016

I haven't considered them in the upper half of the Pac12 for a long time, certainly not between 2004-2014. If not Wazzu insert the lower end power 5 teams of your choice.

Last edited:
New Mexico runs the triple option so I guess they wanted him as a safety? I'm guessing he wants to play QB so JUCO will probably be the correct route

New Mexico runs the triple option so I guess they wanted him as a safety? I'm guessing he wants to play QB so JUCO will probably be the correct route
NM offered as QB but Jordon is working out with SRJC and will attempt to get more exposure that way

Reactions: MC415
New Mexico offered him per Scout and they verify that information. He might not have an offer from a school he wants to attend and might be going another route until he gets an offer from one he wants to attend. I'm also wondering what his grades are like as far as if that could be an reason. He has the athleticism of a D1 player and seems to be a no brainer at least at a Mt West type school. I thought he looked pretty good as a QB as well.
His GPA is 3.5 he is hoping to get on the radar of bigger schools. Just doesn't want to settle, at least not yet. Lol. Has added 10 lbs of muscle already working out with SRJC

His GPA is 3.5 he is hoping to get on the radar of bigger schools. Just doesn't want to settle, at least not yet. Lol. Has added 10 lbs of muscle already working out with SRJC

Hard to turn down a full ride to a great school like UNM. I wish him well.

Hard to turn down a full ride to a great school like UNM. I wish him well.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic? But Bob Davie has turned them pretty competitive program right now, 16-10 last 2 years and now has all his players in the program.......his triple option with a sturdy defense will keep them system will keep them competitive

Not sure if you are being sarcastic? But Bob Davie has turned them pretty competitive program right now, 16-10 last 2 years and now has all his players in the program.......his triple option with a sturdy defense will keep them system will keep them competitive

I agree. This isn't exactly a bad option.

I still think if Brookshire played in the SFL, Delta, WCAL, etc....he may have had some more serious looks from the big dogs. Kid can play!

Oh for sure, Bob Davie is awesome and they have terrific facilities. They will definitely be competitive with that offense they run. I'm a firm believer that you don't go to a school just because they offered. A lot of kids go and redshirt then some kids go to a quality JC and try and play right away. I don't think the door is closed with NM but Jordon has goals and dreams he wants to try and pursue... if that makes sense

Oh for sure, Bob Davie is awesome and they have terrific facilities. They will definitely be competitive with that offense they run. I'm a firm believer that you don't go to a school just because they offered. A lot of kids go and redshirt then some kids go to a quality JC and try and play right away. I don't think the door is closed with NM but Jordon has goals and dreams he wants to try and pursue... if that makes sense

Watching him play I definitely think if he wants and can be a D1 QB (not just an option qb) so JC is the way to go especially in Northern California where its such a JC hotbed with lots exposure with D1 schools around the country. Wish him the best of luck, and I think SRJC will be a great spot for him.

Watching him play I definitely think if he wants and can be a D1 QB (not just an option qb) so JC is the way to go especially in Northern California where its such a JC hotbed with lots exposure with D1 schools around the country. Wish him the best of luck, and I think SRJC will be a great spot for him.
Thank you MC415, that is what he's hoping for. Plus his mom is happy that he'll be home for at least another year. Lol

Dad's got a good handle on it. I remember a recruiter stressing "go where you're wanted, instead of where you want to." The list of sure FBS locks who didn't play much from just the 6 years for .1 and.2 from EBAL alone; Nottingham, Lockie, Kline, Houston. Good in HS, but college is much different.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with wearing a red shirt and getting a fifth year of college paid for in full
I agree Bubba3000, get bigger, faster, stronger, learn the system and mature. Definitely a great path at the right location. For Jordon, the right situation didn't present itself, not yet anyway

Reactions: bella123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT