ADVERTISEMENT

Jordon Brookshire

Thanks for confirmation. He has elite size at 6"2-6"3 210 lbs. Arm strength and accuracy always been the achilles heel but the kid can flat out play. Just a gamer. Santa Rosa was a bad situation last year. Hope he's found a home because a lot of folks want to see him continue to play in college.

Yeah he is @ Laney. Good looking athlete. Went to Santa Rosa for a year but I heard he did not like it there. 1 of 3 @ Laney competing for th he job. I think he is far & away the favorite but the word is the job is very wide open. HC is not blown away by any of them.

Jordan certainly passes the eye test

Brookshire started against Modesto JC and Laney got the W 31-17. Brookshire looked good. Spread the ball out nicely and had at least 2 TD passes. Also displayed his running ability. I think this will be a good situation for him. Laney looked solid for their first game.

Been a little busy but here’s the latest of Jordon and his Laney teammates...

Friday night final

Laney 41 American River 14

Jordon Brookshire 17-23-2-258, 2 TD pass; 12-46, 2 TD rush

John McDonald 16-122, TD rush

Jared Smart 8-153, TD rec

Dior Walker 4-70 rec

Cameron Nathan 8 tackles

Jahari Kay 4 tackles, sack

#ProtectTheNest

Last edited:
... then this past Saturday night:

Saturday night final

Laney 55 Feather River 24

702 yards of total offense! Yes, you read that right!

Jordon Brookshire 15-22-0-388, 4 TD

Balewa Byrd 5-196, 2 TD rec

Angelo Garrett 2-89, TD rec

Kerrion Hadnot, John McDonald, Ledre McCullough all over 50 yds rushing each

Looks like its been a really good move for Jordon over at Laney. Laney looks great and Jordon putting up big numbers. 4-0 and a huge meeting with Butte next week then CCSF. CCSF QB's is Jack Newman from Analy. Be neat to see a couple old empire kids slinging the rock. Good luck to both of them. i'm sure they will be getting offers soon.

Looks like its been a really good move for Jordon over at Laney. Laney looks great and Jordon putting up big numbers. 4-0 and a huge meeting with Butte next week then CCSF. CCSF QB's is Jack Newman from Analy. Be neat to see a couple old empire kids slinging the rock. Good luck to both of them. i'm sure they will be getting offers soon.

Clearly my (this)post falls under the category of "Not Having a Life" (at least till the Lakers-Warriors game startsin 15 minutes) but I noticed on the Post #170 above that the 5 'Likes' all joined NCP within 3-5 days of one another.

Jordan has a lot of loyal family supporters perhaps on this site?....
LOL Go for it !!

Congrats to J-B for his perseverance and hard work

Reactions: aztecpadre
Yes. He can compete right away though with returning starter. Hopefully, if Jordon doesnt win starting job he can redshirt.

Under the new rules he can play four full games and still hang onto his redshirt. My sons best offers were Cal Poly, Reno, UNLV and New Mexico. If he’d gotten an offer from upper tier Mountain West SDSU I’m sure he would have landed there. Based on their system I think Jordan was smart to decline his New Mexico offer.

Last edited:
Huge San Diego state fan here, it was really cool reading this thread on Jordon. We’re all stoked to have him down in SD and our offense moving to more spread formations is going to be perfect for his skill set. Love reading how highly you all think of him both as a player and a person.

Is SDST changing from I formation to full Spread?
Yeah we’re going to be moving from the old school I formation 2 right ends to more of a spread but not an air raid type of spread. It’ll be a power spread similar to what Ohio and auburn run. With Jordon in the mix I would imagine you’d see a lot of concepts that the ravens ran. Going to greatly benefit the offense and most of all the receivers. We got a realllly good group of wideouts that came in last season. 2 of them broke the 2 deep as true freshmen. Jordon will have weapons to throw to as well as getting the number 2 runner at the time of his injury back in Juwan Washington.

Yeah we’re going to be moving from the old school I formation 2 right ends to more of a spread but not an air raid type of spread. It’ll be a power spread similar to what Ohio and auburn run. With Jordon in the mix I would imagine you’d see a lot of concepts that the ravens ran. Going to greatly benefit the offense and most of all the receivers. We got a realllly good group of wideouts that came in last season. 2 of them broke the 2 deep as true freshmen. Jordon will have weapons to throw to as well as getting the number 2 runner at the time of his injury back in Juwan Washington.

How much competition will Jordan have?

How much competition will Jordan have?
Basically just Ryan Agnew. He was the guy when Christian Chapman went down. Dual threat kid but is only maybe 6’ 190. Has trouble seeing over the huge line we have but he was clutch. Would scramble on third downs and find a guy open. Something that we haven’t had at sdsu in a long time. Reason why I think Jordon has a great shot at starting. Especially since he’ll be in for spring camp. SDSU isn’t committed to Agnew in any way. The best guy will start.

Reactions: Bubba3000
1351.1 was a target for a parallel story. 6’4” slinger, Kaehler. New coach got rid of Z for a wing, they went 5-6, in his sole starting Varsity season. After Cal High, sat out a year, then two at DVC, he got to throw- 38 TDS against 12 ints his soph year. Walked on at SDSU in ‘13, only the second one to start an FBS game (Baker Mayfield, yes that guy.) Won the job in his first year, went 7-6 Sr. Year with season ending 17-16 loss vs. Navy in the Poinsettia Bowl. Some guys are under coached and overlooked until they get a sys fit. I sense SDSU was rather impressed with that NorCal kid, thusly, paving the way for Brookshire.

Basically just Ryan Agnew. He was the guy when Christian Chapman went down. Dual threat kid but is only maybe 6’ 190. Has trouble seeing over the huge line we have but he was clutch. Would scramble on third downs and find a guy open. Something that we haven’t had at sdsu in a long time. Reason why I think Jordon has a great shot at starting. Especially since he’ll be in for spring camp. SDSU isn’t committed to Agnew in any way. The best guy will start.

Brookshire is a really good RPO QB. He had arguably one of the best coaches in Calif (Paul Cronin) in HS and learned a great deal under him. Going to Laney and adding size along with playing against very high caliber athletes is going to make this transition easier for him. He will give the Aztecs a lot of dimensions.

Reactions: briandanh
Looks like SDSU is also recruiting his teammate Nahshon Wright. He is a huge corner, anybody know much about him?

I got to see Laney practice a few times this year and went to a couple games. That team was loaded with D1 players. Believe they had a lineman going to SEC school. Bubba, nice to see good things happen to kids that put in the work.

Reactions: Bubba3000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT