ADVERTISEMENT

Junkie's State Championship Predictions.

FootballJunkie101

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2017
CHEROKEE COUNTY
OPEN
Mater Dei 45 De La Salle 35

Division 1-AA
Folsom 55 Helix 28

Division 1-A
Pittsburg 24 Norbonne 21

Division 2-AA
Serra 31 Cajon 28

Division 2-A
St. Francis 35 Grace Brethren 21

Division 3-AA

Bishop Diego 35 Shasta 28

Division 3-A
Half Moon Bay vs Steele Canyon
Good luck to HMB. They have a real shot.

Division 4-AA
Placer 27 Crenshaw 22
Placer better coaching/"The Shaw" whole lotta of speed.
Better coaching wins this game.

Division 4-A
Milpitas 21 Southwest EC 20

Division 5-AA
McClymonds 30 Golden West 29

Division 5-A
Fortuna 27 Katella 12

Division 6-AA
Strathmore 21 Orange 14

Division 6-A

Vincent Memorial 33 Galileo 20

Reactions: championcif75
So you have the north winning at least 9 of 13 games lol.what a shocker

Mater Dei game will be more like 62-10, Mater Dei!
GUYS...I don't stick my neck out on these games, I know nothing about the south, the LA basin is a generator of football players and DLS gets the shaft, by Mater Dei....All the north gets a chance to see DLS go down....If DLS fought it out with each team there would not be so much die DLS die attitude ripping teams apart is what some people like to see and cheer DLS on.......

Reactions: awood1 and mudhound
I think this game will be closer.

This deserves it's own thread but Helix is legit. They have a good offense but they're better on defense. Folsom has better skill players but Helix has a few legit skill players too. In the trenches Helix looks better to me. That could be the difference.

Mission Hills is a nice team and Helix beat them. I don't know much about Oaks this year but you cant be a slouch and win a SS title. I think Helix has given up more than 21 twice. Once is because they took their foot of San Marcos throat in the second half which is a nice football team too.

This deserves it's own thread but Helix is legit. They have a good offense but they're better on defense. Folsom has better skill players but Helix has a few legit skill players too. In the trenches Helix looks better to me. That could be the difference.

Mission Hills is a nice team and Helix beat them. I don't know much about Oaks this year but you cant be a slouch and win a SS title. I think Helix has given up more than 21 twice. Once is because they took their foot of San Marcos throat in the second half which is a nice football team too.
I agree. I think Folsom is a bit better, but this game will be close. I will be surprised if it is a blow out.

St Francis, Serra, and Milpitas are d1 teams playing in much lower divisions. This is not a complaint. just an observation.

Reactions: mudhound
OPEN
Mater Dei 63 De La Salle 21
DLS is a great team but Mater Dei is on a different level.

Division 1-AA
Folsom 56 Helix 28
Folsom is a Special Group, next year they will be better, we may see them in the Open Division next year.

Division 1-A

Pittsburg 21 Norbonne 17
This will be a grind it out game.

Division 2-AA
Cajon 63 Serra 38
Very Intriguing matchup, it's hard to say how Elite Cajon is but they definitely have better athletes.

Division 2-A
St. Francis 42 Grace Brethren 7
SF lost a Section title and would not be here in any other state, on top of that they are playing an inferior squad. This game will be a blowout.

I see folsom winning by 3 tds helix has a Stud at corner that’s Big and faster than anybody he will ever line up against but I’m not sure how many other athletes helix has that can cover folsom a other play makers..of helix defensive line is as good Richardson will move the pocket a lot. Folsom runs a lot of plays that set up the big one I can see him using the qb rollout pass then rollout backside screen pass a couple times this game

St Francis, Serra, and Milpitas are d1 teams playing in much lower divisions. This is not a complaint. just an observation.

St Francis and Serra are both D2 schools by enrollment both are under 2000 students. . Milpitas is D1.

So St Francis and Serra are not playing in much lower divisions. By comparison Cayon High School has 2820 students and I do know that Grace, while smaller, like many So Cal schools has had many transfers as they moved up in Divisions. St. Francis should beat them by 2 to 3 touchdowns. They throw maybe 5 passes a game.

St Francis and Serra are both D2 schools by enrollment both are under 2000 students. . Milpitas is D1.

So St Francis and Serra are not playing in much lower divisions. By comparison Cayon High School has 2820 students and I do know that Grace, while smaller, like many So Cal schools has had many transfers as they moved up in Divisions. St. Francis should beat them by 2 to 3 touchdowns. They throw maybe 5 passes a game.

Forget enrollment. They are elite d1 football programs. The talent they draw from being top tier private schools overrides their enrollment.

OPEN
Mater Dei 45 De La Salle 35

Division 1-AA
Folsom 55 Helix 28

Division 1-A
Pittsburg 24 Norbonne 21

Division 2-AA
Serra 31 Cajon 28

Division 2-A
St. Francis 35 Grace Brethren 21

Division 3-AA

Bishop Diego 35 Shasta 28

Division 3-A
Half Moon Bay vs Steele Canyon
Good luck to HMB. They have a real shot.

Division 4-AA
Placer 27 Crenshaw 22
Placer better coaching/"The Shaw" whole lotta of speed.
Better coaching wins this game.

Division 4-A
Milpitas 21 Southwest EC 20

Division 5-AA
McClymonds 30 Golden West 29

Division 5-A
Fortuna 27 Katella 12

Division 6-AA
Strathmore 21 Orange 14

Division 6-A

Vincent Memorial 33 Galileo 20

Just as everyone had it wrong last week with GB over Pitt, I think Narbonne is being completely overlooked. Some how everyone is on the Pitt bandwagon now. Pitt is solid, but Narbonne is on another level right now. Athletically Narbonne is much better, as well as in the trenches they are superior. Much of the LA City talent is on this team. Sorry Folsom crew in advance, but Narbonne would be a close 2nd to DLS as the top team in N. Cal. They should be in reverse spots with Helix. They are simply loaded. It will be something like Narbonne 42 to Pitt 14

Just as everyone had it wrong last week with GB over Pitt, I think Narbonne is being completely overlooked. Some how everyone is on the Pitt bandwagon now. Pitt is solid, but Narbonne is on another level right now. Athletically Narbonne is much better, as well as in the trenches they are superior. Much of the LA City talent is on this team. Sorry Folsom crew in advance, but Narbonne would be a close 2nd to DLS as the top team in N. Cal. They should be in reverse spots with Helix. They are simply loaded. It will be something like Narbonne 42 to Pitt 14

I agree. Pitt is over matched in this one.

I don’t think anyone overlooked Pitt last week, it was mostly biased SJS/SFL guys picking Granite Bay. Those who saw Pitt the week before vs DLS knew better. Pitts d line is legit. And they do possess some speed on the perimeter as well. Narbonne may win. But 42-14? Not likely.If Pitt held DLS to 24 points, what makes you think Narbonne gets 42? Just asking

Reactions: Pain's my Game
Narbonne 42 points? For real.

From what I heard, Pitt looked like a JC. Size, speed, power...IDK, GB was very stout and Pitt had their way. Narbonne is not joke, SS champs are legit. I root for the North and definitely have a bias...With that said, Pitt is for real. 27-22 Pitt

From what I heard, Pitt looked like a JC. Size, speed, power...IDK, GB was very stout and Pitt had their way. Narbonne is not joke, SS champs are legit. I root for the North and definitely have a bias...With that said, Pitt is for real. 27-22 Pitt

Narbonne is a well oiled machine right now. They have more athletes and speed than Pitt. The team they just beat, Paraclete, was higher ranked than Pitt, was loaded with talent, and has top notch coaches. The score was 56 to 14 and 35 to 0 at the half. They beat Folsom’s upcoming opponent, Helix, by 2 TDs this season. Narbonne is a far different animal than GB. As a matter of fact, there is not 1 single team in Nor Cal with Narbonne’s overall speed.

Last edited:
Cal hi predictions:

OPEN DIVISION
Mater Dei (Santa Ana) 45,
De La Salle (Concord) 17

DIVISION 1-AA
Folsom 36, Helix (La Mesa) 28

DIVISION 1-A
Narbonne (Harbor City) 27, Pittsburg 21

DIVISION 2-AA
Serra (San Mateo) 38, Cajon (San Bernardino) 37

DIVISION 2-A
St. Francis (Mountain View) 28, Grace Brethren (Simi Valley) 17

DIVISION 3-AA
Shasta (Redding) 31, Bishop Diego (Santa Barbara) 27

DIVISION 3-A
Steele Canyon (Spring Valley) 27, Half Moon Bay 25

DIVISION 4-AA
Crenshaw (Los Angeles) 28, Placer (Auburn) 21

DIVISION 4-A
Milpitas 42, Southwest (El Centro) 28

DIVISION 5-AA
McClymonds (Oakland) 21, Golden West (Visalia) 14

DIVISION 5-A
Katella (Anaheim) 34, Fortuna 28

DIVISION 6-AA
Orange 48, Strathmore 40

DIVISION 6-A
Vincent Memorial (Calexico) 48, Galileo (San Francisco) 21

I know nothing of Narbonne who Pitt will face other than reading other posts. I will say that having seen Pitt they are extremely talented physically with lots of speed and perhaps the best defensive secondary of any team I've seen this season - they all play to the ball. I don't know how many teams at the HS level could be heavily favored over this Pitt team IMO.

Reactions: s2h17
Narbonne is a well oiled machine right now. They have more athletes and speed than Pitt. The team they just beat, Paraclete, was higher ranked than Pitt, was loaded with talent, and has top notch coaches. The score was 56 to 14 and 35 to 0 at the half. They beat Folsom’s upcoming opponent, Helix, by 2 TDs this season. Narbonne is a far different animal than GB. As a matter of fact, there is not 1 single team in Nor Cal with Narbonne’s overall speed.
  • The score can't be a good gauge; if it does we can just compare their scores vs common opponent Centennial. Narbonne and Pitt both got clobbered by that National team, although Narbonne got nailed by more. Plus Pitt played Centennial very early in 1st preseason game and the team was just acclimating. Centennial played Narbonne in 2nd month of the season and Narbonne should have developed some maturity already but they still got smashed big time. Just looking at Narbonne's highlights, Pitt will simply pressure the #17 QB Chatham and not give him time to pass, and the speedy defensive backs can quickly stop the receivers. On the ground, Pitt's defense will simply stop their #1 RB Jefferson. Narbonne seems to depend mainly on these two while Pitt has so much depth and athletes in all skill levels with a more and more confident QB. I'd score it Pitt 31-Narbonne 21.

Sorry Folsom crew in advance, but Narbonne would be a close 2nd to DLS as the top team in N. Cal. They should be in reverse spots with Helix.
I've seen Narbonne twice and I think Folsom beats them by 2-3 scores. Folsom might be the best team in NorCal now, supported by Calpreps, although we'll never know this year. Hopefully next.

I think the Narbonne Pitt matchup is perfect. That game should he great. Go NorCal! Go Pitt!

GUYS...I don't stick my neck out on these games, I know nothing about the south, the LA basin is a generator of football players and DLS gets the shaft, by Mater Dei....All the north gets a chance to see DLS go down....If DLS fought it out with each team there would not be so much die DLS die attitude ripping teams apart is what some people like to see and cheer DLS on.......
It’s a chance for those up north who hate DLS and are jealous and envious their success to live vicariously through Mater Dei since their teams haven’t and couldn’t beat the Spartans.

• The score can't be a good gauge; if it does we can just compare their scores vs common opponent Centennial. Narbonne and Pitt both got clobbered by that National team, although Narbonne got nailed by more. Plus Pitt played Centennial very early in 1st preseason game and the team was just acclimating. Centennial played Narbonne in 2nd month of the season and Narbonne should have developed some maturity already but they still got smashed big time. Just looking at Narbonne's highlights, Pitt will simply pressure the #17 QB Chatham and not give him time to pass, and the speedy defensive backs can quickly stop the receivers. On the ground, Pitt's defense will simply stop their #1 RB Jefferson. Narbonne seems to depend mainly on these two while Pitt has so much depth and athletes in all skill levels with a more and more confident QB. I'd score it Pitt 31-Narbonne 21.

I agree, scores are just a tool and not the end all be all. A dear friend of mine has a kid on the CC team. He tells me it was CC 42 to Pitt 0 a few minutes into the 2nd quarter. The bench started emptying. He said Pitt was a complete mismatch and they were very similar to the 25th ranked team in S Cal this season. A typical nice Inland Empire team with some size and speed. Narbonne fought hard and ended up going into the half down 28 to 0. The bench was emptied much later in this one. According to my friend Narbonne has a lot more speed and athleticism across the board. They are a legitimate S. Cal top 8 team. This should at the very least be a 2 TD game and possibly quite a bit more. That’s why they play the game though.

I agree, scores are just a tool and not the end all be all. A dear friend of mine has a kid on the CC team. He tells me it was CC 42 to Pitt 0 a few minutes into the 2nd quarter. The bench started emptying. He said Pitt was a complete mismatch and they were very similar to the 25th ranked team in S Cal this season. A typical nice Inland Empire team with some size and speed. Narbonne fought hard and ended up going into the half down 28 to 0. The bench was emptied much later in this one. According to my friend Narbonne has a lot more speed and athleticism across the board. They are a legitimate S. Cal top 8 team. This should at the very least be a 2 TD game and possibly quite a bit more. That’s why they play the game though.
You could be totally correct here but I would remind you that Pitt played Cen10 the first game of the season. Tall order for any team in Cali. Secondly, Pitt had to travel 7+ hours to the game while Cen10 was relaxing in the confines of their surroundings. Lastly, Pitts travel to Sac State will be a little over an hour while Norbonne has to trac 7 hours to this game. And you can't tell me that Norbonne has more athletes than Cen10 so I see this game as being close. Can Norbonne win this game, of course they can but it won't be a Cen10 vs Pitt type of outcome if they do.

You could be totally correct here but I would remind you that Pitt played Cen10 the first game of the season. Tall order for any team in Cali. Secondly, Pitt had to travel 7+ hours to the game while Cen10 was relaxing in the confines of their surroundings. Lastly, Pitts travel to Sac State will be a little over an hour while Norbonne has to trac 7 hours to this game. And you can't tell me that Norbonne has more athletes than Cen10 so I see this game as being close. Can Norbonne win this game, of course they can but it won't be a Cen10 vs Pitt type of outcome if they do.
I’d also add Pitt lost their retuning starter at QB the week before playing Centennial.. So the junior qb who started was making his varsity debut, on the road vs Centennial. Tough way to start your varsity career/season

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
I’d also add Pitt lost their retuning starter at QB the week before playing Centennial.. So the junior qb who started was making his varsity debut, on the road vs Centennial. Tough way to start your varsity career/season
Fair point. I would also add I'm told by CC folks they could have put 100 up on Pitt if they wanted. They said the hyped D is not elite whatsoever. They scored on their first 6 possessions with ease and then scored 3 more times with back ups. They say Pitt is no different than a Norco, Roosevelt, or Murrieta they see week in and week out from the Inland Empire. Pitt just happens to play in Nor Cal where the competition is a serious step down.

Good points.

Fair point. I would also add I'm told by CC folks they could have put 100 up on Pitt if they wanted. They said the hyped D is not elite whatsoever. They scored on their first 6 possessions with ease and then scored 3 more times with back ups. They say Pitt is no different than a Norco, Roosevelt, or Murrieta they see week in and week out from the Inland Empire. Pitt just happens to play in Nor Cal where the competition is a serious step down.
I’m sure they could have beat Narbonne worse than they did as well.52-6 versus 63-21 seems to be inconclusive, other than it shows Centennial is vastly superior to both Pitt and Narbonne.Doesnt tell us who would win between the two.But it appears we should have a competitive game if score comparisons of each vs Centennial hold true to form.

I've seen Narbonne twice and I think Folsom beats them by 2-3 scores. Folsom might be the best team in NorCal now, supported by Calpreps, although we'll never know this year. Hopefully next.

I think the Narbonne Pitt matchup is perfect. That game should he great. Go NorCal! Go Pitt!

Not true about Folsom/DLS. Project the matchup and you get:
neutral field
[2017] De La Salle (Concord, CA) 33, [2017] Folsom (CA) 31

For Folsom to be best team, they should go prove it and not try to back into it. Unless they schedule a top SoCal team or DLS, they are dependent on DLS losing to be considered NorCal's best. Folsom may very well be the better team, but they have not tried to schedule games as if they are the best in NorCal. That's the part I'm having hard time understanding...do the coaches/AD of Folsom not believe they are Elite program? Year after year it seems the Folsom should upgrade their schedule, and have never done it. Let's see them take on a Trinity league team or BG. They clearly have some great athletes and should be trying to challenge themselves.

You forgot to post the Calpreps rankings.

Folsom is an elite program. I know it. My Del Oro son knows it. I believe they are the #1 team in NorCal from what I have seen of both teams. From all the college scouts sitting around at their practices, I would like to think more people would agree with me.
Maybe but we cannot find out because they are afraid to schedule a good team. In their entire 10 year run they have not beat one top ranked team. The 2 times they played DLS they were beat down. Those were not top DLS teams either. If Folsom wants to be considered top notch it's up to their coaches to try to put together a respectable schedule. Granite Bay was exposed by Pitt. The rest of their conference is soft my friend. Bosco is waiting for a phone call for 2018.

Maybe but we cannot find out because they are afraid to schedule a good team. In their entire 10 year run they have not beat one top ranked team. The 2 times they played DLS they were beat down. Those were not top DLS teams either. If Folsom wants to be considered top notch it's up to their coaches to try to put together a respectable schedule. Granite Bay was exposed by Pitt. The rest of their conference is soft my friend. Bosco is waiting for a phone call for 2018.
Pretty sure their league is not soft, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay, Rocklin, Del Oro etc. This is the toughest league in the SJS and Northern California as well. On top of that they beat Jesuit twice, and put a 42-0 score on St. Mary's at the half. Mater Dei would beat them 19/20 times for sure. Maxpreps has them 4 in State and 24th in Nation. The separation from Mater Dei/IMG is obvious. Pretty sure Folsom deserves credit as a Top Program in the state. Let's remenber Folsom is a Public School, not a private school.

Jesus guys, way to much emphasis on daisy chaining the CC/PItt/Narbonne games. Pretty useless and has been proven to not work.

What’s nice is PItt and Narbonne actually get to play so it will be settled on the field. So we will get an answer. CIF should take notice!

Reactions: Anonymous411
The criteria over the years has changed by section and then by the CIF. If I'm not mistaken SF plays pretty close to its weight class as a D-2 middle sized school.

Low blow but I think grant and dls showed so cal that not cal can compete with so cals top teams..even Folsom even though they haven’t faced any of the elites in la they did beat a Serra team with nfl talent on it and don’t use the weather as an excuse

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT