ADVERTISEMENT

Junkie's State Championship Predictions.

Low blow but I think grant and dls showed so cal that not cal can compete with so cals top teams..even Folsom even though they haven’t faced any of the elites in la they did beat a Serra team with nfl talent on it and don’t use the weather as an excuse
DLS is for real, but times have changed in S Cal. The Poly team Grant beat was not a top team whatsoever. Next season Bosco will approach MD level this year. Do not see anyone from north challenging the best out of S cal for some time. Maybe when DLS changes their offensive system. The sooners and cornhuskers were dominant in their era of 70s, 80s and early 90s. Times have changed. I believe DLS can challenge S Cal if they adapt. I have heard from a few close to the program Alumbaugh wants to make these changes, but he is fighting the old guard. Folsom can be granted the message board national title. That's all they will ever win given how they schedule games. Folsom fans: HINT, play DLS next season or you will miss the open again.

Low blow but I think grant and dls showed so cal that not cal can compete with so cals top teams..even Folsom even though they haven’t faced any of the elites in la they did beat a Serra team with nfl talent on it and don’t use the weather as an excuse
Good points DD. Folks are on here saying the exact same thing they said about Grant vs LBP. I remember NorCal as well as SoCal folks saying Grant don't have the athletes to compete with LBP. Was that the furthest thing from the truth. Kipeli Koniseti was the toughest player in the game. Warren, Lamb, Bumpers and Toma stood toe to toe with LBP athletes. NFL Booker had a come out party against LBP. He was without a doubt the best RB in that game. And what can we say about Mr. McCauley. The DB's from LBP are still having nightmares about that kid. McCauley was by far the best athlete on both sides of the ball in that game. LBP didn't have an answer for McCauley. Hey DD, I'll let you speak on studs Vei and Moala and the rest of the Pacers studs that year. You have the floor my friend.

Folsom can be granted the message board national title. That's all they will ever win given how they schedule games. Folsom fans: HINT, play DLS next season or you will miss the open again.
You're preaching to the choir here. We've been beating that horse all season. Appreciate the new perspective but let's see if Folsom will surprise us next preseason. They might shut us up here. We shall see.

Good points DD. Folks are on here saying the exact same thing they said about Grant vs LBP. I remember NorCal as well as SoCal folks saying Grant don't have the athletes to compete with LBP. Was that the furthest thing from the truth. Kipeli Koniseti was the toughest player in the game. Warren, Lamb, Bumpers and Toma stood toe to toe with LBP athletes. NFL Booker had a come out party against LBP. He was without a doubt the best RB in that game. And what can we say about Mr. McCauley. The DB's from LBP are still having nightmares about that kid. McCauley was by far the best athlete on both sides of the ball in that game. LBP didn't have an answer for McCauley. Hey DD, I'll let you speak on studs Vei and Moala and the rest of the Pacers studs that year. You have the floor my friend.
You are missing the point. The Poly team Grant beat would lose by 50+ to MD, Bosco and CC. Times have changed.

You are missing the point. The Poly team Grant beat would lose by 50+ to MD, Bosco and CC. Times have changed.
So are you saying times changed for the kids in SoCal but they haven't in NorCal. When did SoCal start getting kids from Florida? The point I was making is the athletes in NorCal can compete with those in SoCal. Grant proved that and to say Bosco, MD and CC gets more talent than LB is ridiculous. Those programs have better coaches.

So are you saying times changed for the kids in SoCal but they haven't in NorCal. When did SoCal start getting kids from Florida? The point I was making is the athletes in NorCal can compete with those in SoCal. Grant proved that and to say Bosco, MD and CC gets more talent than LB is ridiculous. Those programs have better coaches.
If you look at the last 3 years it's not even close between LBP and those schools on the talent front. Just look at the D1 recruits more specifically at MD and SJB. CC is extremely well coached.

Pretty sure their league is not soft, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay, Rocklin, Del Oro etc. This is the toughest league in the SJS and Northern California as well. On top of that they beat Jesuit twice, and put a 42-0 score on St. Mary's at the half. Mater Dei would beat them 19/20 times for sure. Maxpreps has them 4 in State and 24th in Nation. The separation from Mater Dei/IMG is obvious. Pretty sure Folsom deserves credit as a Top Program in the state. Let's remenber Folsom is a Public School, not a private school.
Spot on. I think it's kind of funny when people say Folsom hasn't played anyone, when what they mean is that they haven't played anyone from the south.

Toughest league in Norcal? Not good enough.
Strengh of schedule similar to DLS? Not good enough.
Undefeated? Not good enough.
Blew out St. Marys? Not good enough.
Beat CC or DLS next year? Not good enough, you need to schedule Alabama!

My Del Oro squad went to the sectional finals and were annihilated by the Bulldogs.

Good mention of them being a public school. That gets overlooked in a state that is mostly dominated by private schools. It makes sense that most of the hate on this board either comes from private school alum/parents, or those that have been blown out on the field. Either way, it's all fun banter.

Go Norcal!

Folsom apparently wins every game they have no intention of scheduling.Raised eyebrows with a sideways look until they are willing to have a schedule that matches their braggadocio

If you look at the last 3 years it's not even close between LBP and those schools on the talent front. Just look at the D1 recruits more specifically at MD and SJB. CC is extremely well coached.
In the last few years LBP has had some big time players starting as true freshman's for USC alone. Rookie Pittsburgh Steelers WR starter JuJu Smith was a true freshman starter for SC. Iman (Bigge) Marshall is a true freshman starter at CB for USC. Jack "Jack" Jones is a true Sophomore starter at CB for USC. That said, I'm sure LBP has more players during this era playing D1 ball for other programs. So to say LBP hasn't had special talent the past 3 years don't make much sense. As I said, coaching matters and we know who has the better coaches. Good coaching will attract good players from other schools. We all know that's what's going on at Bosco and MD. If LBP had the level of coaching as those two programs they'd be on par with C.C..

I’m sure they could have beat Narbonne worse than they did as well.52-6 versus 63-21 seems to be inconclusive, other than it shows Centennial is vastly superior to both Pitt and Narbonne.Doesnt tell us who would win between the two.But it appears we should have a competitive game if score comparisons of each vs Centennial hold true to form.
Judging from Narbonnes blowout scores vs majority of its opponents, it may be concluded that they're playing a soft schedule or in a noncompetitive league. On their toughest opponents Centennial, Long Beach Poly and St Louis Hawaii, Narbonne lost to all of them. I know they played Crenshaw and JSerra but these teams are not in top form this year. They played 12 games but the many weak teams in their list depresses their SOS vs Pitt because Pitt played strong teams and won them all except for games with National teams like Centennial and DelaSalle. Lets wait a couple of nights more and we can tell when their head to head game is played.

I see folsom winning by 3 tds helix has a Stud at corner that’s Big and faster than anybody he will ever line up against but I’m not sure how many other athletes helix has that can cover folsom a other play makers..of helix defensive line is as good Richardson will move the pocket a lot. Folsom runs a lot of plays that set up the big one I can see him using the qb rollout pass then rollout backside screen pass a couple times this game

The other corner #2 is legit too. I've only seen one full game and highlights but he can play. San Marcos has a receiver going to UCLA, the Qb of Mission Hills is going to Utah and a Wr has offers from just about everyone, I'm sure Oaks has some thoroughbreds too. These dudes have shut down some talent.

I think Folsom will win but I'm not seeing a cakewalk at all. There wasn't a player on Helix the time I saw them play that I thought wasn't up to par. They have a good football team.

The other corner #2 is legit too. I've only seen one full game and highlights but he can play. San Marcos has a receiver going to UCLA, the Qb of Mission Hills is going to Utah and a Wr has offers from just about everyone, I'm sure Oaks has some thoroughbreds too. These dudes have shut down some talent.

I think Folsom will win but I'm not seeing a cakewalk at all. There wasn't a player on Helix the time I saw them play that I thought wasn't up to par. They have a good football team.

I just feel like folsom will find the miss match and to me helix isn’t one of so cals top 5 I believe Pitt is playing the better team

And that wasn’t even grants top 5 team lol 2009-2010 even had better teams they just didn’t have a qb that 2010 team that Folsom bear for section ( shaq hurt, Lang hurt) was huge but their smallest player was the qb...2009 was huge too I believe they had 4 d1 players. Whenever grant has a qb that the coach trust grant won’t lose a game that 2014 folsom team that everybody assumes could beat grant folsom won big but they had no answer for grants passing they had no safety’s and they couldn’t match up outside 1 on 1 but the coach was set on trying to run ( it’s a pride thing with him) and the only routes grant were throwing were fades..and that 2014 grant team wasn’t special just Big n qb that al trusted. I’m here to say that folsom team wasn’t that great they just didn’t get to lose to dls so it’s easy to say they could..

In 08 poly just ran into a team that was exactly like them I don’t think so cal was ready for that kepili was a d1 Lb playing qb they didn’t even use him on defense at grant. Even in the rematch with poly grant matched up with their size and speed. They should’ve had shaq at qb that year. .these grant teams ain’t to far off the past 4 years we didn’t have a qb last year was the year of grant having its best qb (chad Elliot’s son) and he ended up transferring. You gotta see em in person you’ll see why they lose games and it’s not because of athletes anc size but the offense got even more predictable youth programs run more plays

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
DLS is for real, but times have changed in S Cal.

Agreed - things have changed in SoCal for the top programs. Generally SoCal has better talent right now. But add to this edge is the transfer rules allowed in Southern Section. This policy has cranked up the whimsical transferring to schools with top programs. Its not recruiting - at all - but it encourages parents/students to move quickly to top program without the normal reprisal found in other sections in CA.

Reactions: remc
I’m here to say that folsom team wasn’t that great they just didn’t get to lose to dls so it’s easy to say they could..
The 2014 Folsom State title team "wasn't that great!?"

That's almost as bad as James Harden in 2015 against the Warriors in the Western Conference finals, infamously saying "they ain't that good."

Geez man. Harsh.

@smashmouthrick you have always been a stand up guy on here among many others peddling negativity and jealousy. A breathe of fresh air for sure.

Go NorCal tonight!

What you are calling negativity and jealousy is instead an ask of a program to step up their scheduling to meet YOUR view of them.

In the past 10 years, how many top 40 Nationally rated teams has Folsom played? Answer is 3, and they lost all 3 of them (DLS x 2, St Marys). If you look at their competition, their highest ranked win in 10 years was against #50 Oceanside in 2014. They are one of 2 teams in the top 30 in the state not to face a top 100 team (Cajon is the other). Folsom is a great team, great program and have some great players throughout the years. Their schedule clearly does not match their team reputation and capabilities. The question that I cant answer, so am hoping you can is... Why has the Folsom program NEVER scheduled an Elite game? If DLS doesnt want to play them, schedule SoCal/NV/AZ team? I want Folsom to win. I am rooting for them, but have always felt they prefer to win an easier game than to risk a loss to the best of the best teams (even though they are good enough to win).

Reactions: ThunderRam and remc
The 2014 Folsom State title team "wasn't that great!?"

That's almost as bad as James Harden in 2015 against the Warriors in the Western Conference finals, infamously saying "they ain't that good."

Geez man. Harsh.

You don’t get my point how great would that Folsom team be if they had their fate handed to em by a team that hasn’t lost to a nor cal team in over 20 years...would we think of that team any less than we do with the other section teams that had to face dls my guess is we’d then say that 2010 team was the best and only lost to a highly rated grant team....like I stated before I watched that 2014 get streaded by grant in the air they had no answer they sold out on the run and it worked but a change in play calling would’ve changed that game but we are grant we don’t do what teams make us do cause it’s disrespectful to challenge us on the ground and we have a point to prove << and that is why we aren’t elite anymore

If I remember correctly, that game was over by half time.

IMHO the 2014 team was the best HS football team I've ever seen on NorCal.
You must not get out often. That 2014 team beat nobody of quality all year. Yes, they were loaded, but they would have lost to DLS by 3 TDs easy that year. DLS fronts would have overwhelmed them like the previous 2 years. DLS was much better that year than '13 and '12 also.

Agreed - things have changed in SoCal for the top programs. Generally SoCal has better talent right now. But add to this edge is the transfer rules allowed in Southern Section. This policy has cranked up the whimsical transferring to schools with top programs. Its not recruiting - at all - but it encourages parents/students to move quickly to top program without the normal reprisal found in other sections in CA.
Underrated post, good points that speak to the gap getting bigger between the top SoCal programs and NorCal.SoCal already had the numbers and talent advantages. Don’t really see that gap closing anytime soon either

You must not get out often. That 2014 team beat nobody of quality all year. Yes, they were loaded, but they would have lost to DLS by 3 TDs easy that year. DLS fronts would have overwhelmed them like the previous 2 years. DLS was much better that year than '13 and '12 also.

It’s easy to pick the undefeated team that didn’t get to play dls as the best team ever I’m pretty sure this years team will be talked about as the best too..2014 team would’ve lost by a couple tds too. Those 2012-13 teams were undefeated too til they lost to dls...be happy folsom didn’t get to play them in 2014 cause nothing leading up to 2014 said folsom was on the same level as dls

No way. That 2014 was the best I ever saw. Period.

And I think they'd beat them this year and next. Just MHO.

Folsom is the standard bearer in the SJS and for all public schools in NorCal. I just hope my DO boys can get there someday. Class program. Class coaches. And players want to play there.

Go NorCal!
Lol man dls gets no respect from you how many times can you lose by 30 before they make you a believer...any Folsom team that goes undefeated and doesn’t face dls you’d believe they’ll beat they made a rule because they believe the exact opposite..I personally think the 2010 folsom team with Dano is the best folsom will ever have they played way better competition and only had 1 lost to a top 5 nationally ranked grant any other time folsom has played a team of that caliber it lost Big...and I think that’s why a lot of people on here don’t fully but into folsom as statewide elite. Now this 2019 team that’s coming up should be really dangerous on offense don’t really know about the defensive side but I like folsom to take advantage and schedule up so they can get the respect they deserve.i never seen a program be this dominate and never schedule challenge other top programs

This deserves it's own thread but Helix is legit. They have a good offense but they're better on defense. Folsom has better skill players but Helix has a few legit skill players too. In the trenches Helix looks better to me. That could be the difference.

Mission Hills is a nice team and Helix beat them. I don't know much about Oaks this year but you cant be a slouch and win a SS title. I think Helix has given up more than 21 twice. Once is because they took their foot of San Marcos throat in the second half which is a nice football team too.
They've given up 35 points to Folsom.

Reactions: thekingera
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT