ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly releases his Top 7

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Andre Kelly (Lincoln/Arsenal) has released his Top 7 of Cal, Utah, Iowa State, Pacific, Washington State, Santa Barbara and St. Mary's.

Does every kid think they are the second coming of MJ or MAGIC do we really
need the production down to to last 4 with one kid down to the last 7 with another kid
be grateful for the scholarship opportunity do your due diligence with your
family and pick a school and let's cut the dog and pony show.

ha ha. I guess the suspense is killing you as well. Stockton, CA/ The kid can play but seriously. Also what is the connection with Iowa State to norcal? they poached young a few years back from sac high. very nice player. But if I'm getting recruited by Iowa St/CAL I wouldn't even admit UCSB is on my list. There are some D2 schools that would have beaten them last year.

...But if I'm getting recruited by Iowa St/CAL I wouldn't even admit UCSB is on my list. There are some D2 schools that would have beaten them last year.

Well, there is UCSB's undeniable position at or near the very top of just about every "Best party school" list anywhere... :)

@Bob33 Joe Pasternack will get that school to the top of their conference. The best recruiter in the country. Got Stanley Johnson, Aaron Gordon to Arizona.

You guys don't know Andre, quality young man, great athlete and student. He is a coaches dream and makes players around him play better. He is coming on strong and probably would get more offers, but evidently he is satisfied with his choices. I hope he stays close to home and attends Cal, but wherever he goes, automatically makes that school a must watch.

Reactions: nostancenochance
If you don't know who he is, then you are paying attention to NorCal basketball like Joe Davidson.

Plays for Lincoln of Stockton. 24 & 15 last season. Very good player.

Reactions: rabbit5
He's solid. Very good. I think the social media thing is ridiculous though. Press conference in the gym. 5 people watching. Hats uncovered. Its played out too much.

But if I have a chance to play at Iowa State (which I think he does) sorry the Gauchos are off the list as is UOP. Both D2 programs last few years. Yes a good D2 program was better. Its not like the glory years at the thunderdome when Larry Johnson/Augmon/Hunt/Anderson and UNLV came to town.

Iowa St is a perennial top 15 program now year in and out. CAL has major money issues and is revolving door.

Recruiting at Arizona (which is the west coast Duke/UNC is not like recruiting at UCSB. That is like comparing Sac State to Michigan.

St Mary's on the other hand... Well there is a quality program folks.

For those that don't know, Kelly will be taking an OV to Cal on September 2. I see this as a race between Cal and Utah.

He's solid. Very good. I think the social media thing is ridiculous though. Press conference in the gym. 5 people watching. Hats uncovered. Its played out too much.

But if I have a chance to play at Iowa State (which I think he does) sorry the Gauchos are off the list as is UOP. Both D2 programs last few years. Yes a good D2 program was better. Its not like the glory years at the thunderdome when Larry Johnson/Augmon/Hunt/Anderson and UNLV came to town.

Iowa St is a perennial top 15 program now year in and out. CAL has major money issues and is revolving door.

Recruiting at Arizona (which is the west coast Duke/UNC is not like recruiting at UCSB. That is like comparing Sac State to Michigan.

St Mary's on the other hand... Well there is a quality program folks.
Larry Legend: Only issue I have is the kid the kid has to show he can win. As a 3 year Varsity player, he has yet to win 1 playoff game.

NS- I will be the first to admit there is one team in stockton that i watch consistently. Its the girls hoop team from St Mary's. ( I watch the boys as well but mainly on the football side) Otherwise when is the last time any team has come out of stockton especially on the public side? Yeah if you are a 4 star recruit and you even surround yourself with average players you should be carrying that team at least into the middle rounds of the playoffs. Its all about me though. different times.

NS- I will be the first to admit there is one team in stockton that i watch consistently. Its the girls hoop team from St Mary's. ( I watch the boys as well but mainly on the football side) Otherwise when is the last time any team has come out of stockton especially on the public side? Yeah if you are a 4 star recruit and you even surround yourself with average players you should be carrying that team at least into the middle rounds of the playoffs. Its all about me though. different times.

It hasnt been very long since weston ranch won d3 sections 2 years ago. St. Mary's has been and always will be the destination for athletes in the lodi/stockton area. Something that bothers me is how someone can say this kid is "all about me." Is it based on knowing the kid or assuming something based on a posting from team arsenal? I have only heard good things of the kid in passing, and someone already came on here to refute the me first attitude. Everytime i hear the belly aching about how kids should be doing things, this comes to mind
41738705.jpg

Reactions: nostancenochance
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT