ADVERTISEMENT

Las Lomas - Mitty

It's a relatively minor thing, but wondering how many missed dunks #24 on LL is going to have before he stops attempting...... in a game like tonight it doesn't matter. He got batted pretty hard going up for one tonight and then missed another.... 0-2..... have to update, he missed ANOTHER ONE in the process of this post. 0-3. Ha! He finally converted a sick one, 1 for 4 on the dunks now!

But against Dublin last Saturday he missed a wide open one too when the game was in the balance. And against O'dowd in the first half of the NCS championship game when the team was up 6, he missed an embarrassing and inexcusable one that would have put the team up 8 in the 2nd quarter. In games like that where you have a small margin for error you can't do stuff like that...... Kinda crazy if you ask me. Very talented and great player but at a certain point it's a little selfish. Hopefully a missed dunk or two doesn't cost LL against Palo Alto!

It's a relatively minor thing, but wondering how many missed dunks #24 on LL is going to have before he stops attempting...... in a game like tonight it doesn't matter. He got batted pretty hard going up for one tonight and then missed another.... 0-2..... have to update, he missed ANOTHER ONE in the process of this post. 0-3. Ha! He finally converted a sick one, 1 for 4 on the dunks now!

But against Dublin last Saturday he missed a wide open one too when the game was in the balance. And against O'dowd in the first half of the NCS championship game when the team was up 6, he missed an embarrassing and inexcusable one that would have put the team up 8 in the 2nd quarter. In games like that where you have a small margin for error you can't do stuff like that...... Kinda crazy if you ask me. Very talented and great player but at a certain point it's a little selfish. Hopefully a missed dunk or two doesn't cost LL against Palo Alto!

Dunking is a huge accomplishment for these kids nowadays. I remember hardly anyone could dunk when I went to school. Now tons of kids are doing it. My opinion on it is only dunk if you have a wide open basket and go up with 2 hands so at the very least youll get fouled and get two free throws. But the one handed stuff, unless you're Jalen Green or someone who knows they can get it done, I agree it shouldn't be attempted in game.

@DonniePeckerwood Las Lomas is going to need Super Discipline vs Palo Alto. Santa Clara University is a home game for PA. Also PA isn't a true #8 seed.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
From a tactical approach it was a fun game to watch. Prince had complete control of the game. Whether taking it himself or setting up a teammate, he was the man. The Knights are not just a run and gun team. They are very well coached and each player knows their role. They are unselfish and play so well together. Mitty put their big guy on Prince and Prince made the Monarchs pay. The guard play of Las Lomas was incredible. Robinson is electric. I agree with Donnie that the Palo Alto game will be a different animal.

Your right, It's a relatively minor thing!

I am sure that if you asked anyone who attended / watched the whole game last night NO ONE would protest the way that Nate took it to the hole. Mitty has enough athletes that if you don't go HARD and try to get cute it'll be swatted away. Nate and Rob were flat out AMAZING last night end of story!

As far as Palo Alto v Las Lomas that be interesting. I think that in order to beat Las Lomas you either have to beat them up inside with a dominant big or two if you're lucky enough to have them (which hardly any NorCal team that I've seen this year has) and/or you need to dictate pace and not get into a run n game shootout as you're likely to lose as Mitty and Dublin found out the hard way.

Palo Alto has a great coaching staff so I'm sure they try to dictate pace and the Doctor is probably already in the lab conjuring exotic defensive schemes to counter / confound Nate, Rob, Devin, Jason & Co.... Should be a great game

Las Lomas is playing its best basketball right now. Prince and Robinson were very good last night. Devin Payne has taken to the role of floor spacer, defender, rebounder really well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT