ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Johnson

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
This is probably old news to y'all by now, but just in case anyone missed it...

Logan Johnson has verbally committed to Cincinnati.

Final 4 of:

St. Mary's
Cincinnati
UC Santa Barbara
UCLA

per his article at Scout.com

I'm sure he made the best decision based on what he believes is the best fit for him but.......maybe he just wanted out of CA. How anyone can turn down my alma mater UCLA is beyond me, but then again, I'm biased

Good luck to him

Reactions: Scott2138
SHgrad.. I've been a UCLA fan forever even though I didn't go there... Watching Wooden's teams play pretty much taught me what a basketball was.

Taking a guess, the final factor in Johnson ruling out Bruinville might have been that it would have been hard for him to get much playing time with all those 5-star uber-athletes down there, sorta like what happened to Noah Allen.

He's likely to play right away at Cincy, maybe even start right off the getgo.

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
Yeah, UCLA would have been a bad move. Johnson is a very good player and a tremendous athlete but UCLA is getting the best of the best these days. Guys like the ball brothers and Jalen Hands in the backcourt. I think Johnson will be a late bloomer like his brother as well. I think his future is bright.

I'm sure he made the best decision based on what he believes is the best fit for him but.......maybe he just wanted out of CA. How anyone can turn down my alma mater UCLA is beyond me, but then again, I'm biased

Good luck to him
He would have made a good Bruin. Now if my alma mater could get a good coach. Not a fan of Alford.

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
Cincinnati also got another WCAL co-player of the year recruit last year in Ilmar'l Thomas from SHC.

As a Cincinnati alum and longtime Bay Area resident, I can assure you they are thrilled to get Logan. My own view is he will certainly contribute his freshman year, but they should have two very worthy PGs returning for their senior year.

Cincinnati opens this season ranked anywhere from #6 to about #14. Seven straight NCAA appearances, one of the very few programs with a streak that long. They play a hard-nosed style of basketball, defense is a premium (recently ranked #3 defense in the nation) and from what I understand about Logan's athleticism, he will fit in well and contribute early.

BTW, they have a home-and-home with UCLA that begins this season in Westwood.

If you're interested in reading their fan's view of this, check out this message board:
https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati/Board/40/Contents/Logan-Johnson-commits-to-UC-107403409

Last edited:
Went to the UCLA /UC game last year - my first time at Pauley - what a great venue!

UC fans are very excited about Logan Johnson.

We also have current offers out to Prince Gillam and Keshad Johnson. There is clearly an abundance of basketball talent in Norcal and the Central Valley.

Sorry for bringing this into an old thread - but you guys have a great board and I would be very interested in hearing thoughts and opinions on both those guys.

Keshad has really grown into a talented player. Has the size and versatility to play either forward spot, scores it from multiple spots and is physical.

Keshad has really grown into a talented player. Has the size and versatility to play either forward spot, scores it from multiple spots and is physical.

Thanks for sharing that.

From his tape, he is clearly a talented player and high caliber athlete.

Versatile players are key for how UC plays, especially defensively. They switch on screens constantly. So most guys Mick Cronin seeks (like Jacob Evans now of Golden State) can guard 2, if not 3 positions.

I know there will be a lot of competition for him but hoping he ends up taking a close look at his fit at UC. He reminds me a little of a more powerfully built James "flight" White.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT