ADVERTISEMENT

Marin Catholic vs Cardinal Newman scrimmage

northbayfb

Sports Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
CN started on offense and starting QB moved the ball with ease with most plays going for 10 yards or better. Scored both through the air and on the ground. Appeared to control the line of scrimmage

MC up next and had trouble moving the ball with several drops and little success on the ground. QB under pressure on several plays. Team had one long pass play and one 20 yard run. No scores.

CN back on offense and backup QB ran the offense well connecting on several short passes that went for long gains. No scores

MC back on offense and backup QB struggled with accuracy and drops by receivers. Threw ill-advised lob pass that was nearly picked off. No scores.

Thanks for the update. How does the QB from Newman look? Barrington. I hear good things.

Both teams look to have roughly 40 players.
Marin looked to have more size and be the more physical team. They seemed to be simple with their playbooks with Newman running more of their playbook. Newman had one score early vs Marin's first group, what looked like a pick 6 went through the hands of the linebacker and to the receiver who took it for 6 in stride. Marin was better than Newman up front having several sacks but allowed the QB throw (looked like the QB was off limits in pass game). Newman had a couple more big plays but vs Marin rotators. Newman QB looked athletic with a pretty good arm, he did well with the simple passes but was tentative with other reads. Looks like Newman will look to throw more this year. Marin looked to have some size with some good speed. RUnning back looked big and very fast. QB looked to be real deal with big accurate arm, making it look easy to throw. There were few dropped passes by Marin. They got chunks on the controlled passing game and broke a few big runs. Marin looked to be in an unusual pro style offense out of shotgun, but personnel looked good. Both teams may have ran 15 to 20 plays with their first group, and not as many with the second and third group. Very unusually short scrimmage, not easy to see guys get in a rhythm with few plays they ran. Somehow everyone played. Likely worried about depth.

Those are really good numbers by Barrington. His dad was a heck of an athlete back in the day at Ukiah HS so i'm not surprised the kid is a player. How did linebacker/lineman Dino look for Newman? He looks to be a pretty solid mid major prospect.Other potential college kid is Leberthon on newman. I think he's #1. WR/DB with D1 size and speed at 6"2 180. Petras is the real deal. Isn't he headed to OSU?

Reactions: slick58
Those are really good numbers by Barrington. His dad was a heck of an athlete back in the day at Ukiah HS so i'm not surprised the kid is a player. How did linebacker/lineman Dino look for Newman? He looks to be a pretty solid mid major prospect.Other potential college kid is Leberthon on newman. I think he's #1. WR/DB with D1 size and speed at 6"2 180. Petras is the real deal. Isn't he headed to OSU?
Dino is going to be a handful for teams. High motor, size and quickness, very disruptive. Leberthon was a matchup problem for their DB's every time he was targeted.

Petras is the real deal. He was "sacked" twice and got happy feet on a few occasions but envision he will tear up the league.

Reactions: missing.link
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT